Guild Page and Herald missing ingame, Is this still an ongoing problem?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Donquixote
Pet Score:6882
Realm:Feathermoon-us
Guild Page and Herald missing ingame, Is this still an ongoing problem?

Post by Donquixote » February 7th, 2024, 10:35 pm

I recently returned to the game after a long while (about 4 expansions) and I find that the Guild Page and Guild Herald don't even show up in my Pet Journal. I had them, but they don't show up as collected nor uncollected. They are on the Armory and they are here on Warcraft Pets. So there is an article on the wow support site from a year ago that it was a known issue and nothing more.

Is this still an ongoing problem in the game as in nobody has them? Or is it just happening now to me now because I came back after the fact? Does repurchasing them help?

Thanks In advance.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Guild Page and Herald missing ingame, Is this still an ongoing problem?

Post by Quintessence » February 8th, 2024, 2:21 am

The Guild Page and Herald are tricky companions - They're character specific (and guild specific, I think?) Only the character that purchased and learned the Page/Herald will be able to see and summon them in-game. And I'm not 100% on this one, but leaving the guild you purchased the Page/Herald from may also cause them to disappear.

Are there other characters that you could have purchased the companions on? Switched guilds? You could try repurchasing/relearning them, and if that doesn't make them show up then it's definitely bugged and a ticket is warranted.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Donquixote

Post by Donquixote » February 8th, 2024, 4:36 am

So you are saying you currently have access to them in your pet journal in game?

I know they are specific to individual characters. The characters I had them on have not been transferred, and are in the same guild they were in when I purchased them. They are showing in the armory. They do not show up in the journal on any character as collected nor uncollected. They do not exist in my journal.

I am trying to determine if this is a wide spread ongoing issue where nobody has access to them. If some have access then it is a per account issue.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » February 8th, 2024, 4:44 am

I can summon the Herald and Page on the character that purchased them, yes. They don't show up at all in the Pet Journal on any of my other toons.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Donquixote

Post by Donquixote » February 9th, 2024, 7:52 am

Thank you for the information. I hope they'll be able to help me.