Anyone got a Shadow Sporebat yet?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Iibis
Pet Score:4297
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu
Re: Anyone got a Shadow Sporebat yet?

Post by Iibis » November 27th, 2014, 3:44 pm

So I don't need to worry about the critter versions being alive, they spawn in addition to them? Or do the critters still take their place?

Womaster
Pet Score:8573
Realm:Durotan-us

Post by Womaster » November 28th, 2014, 10:14 am

got mine yesterday best thing to do is stand just right of portal can see all of the valley on mini map

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » December 2nd, 2014, 3:48 pm

Went there last night and there were two up. Captured a white quality one, and the other one was green so I left it (they are all the same breed and I'll probably stone mine anyway). Hopefully someone else captured the one I left. :)

Dalrint
Pet Score:9471
Realm:Khaz Modan-us

Post by Dalrint » December 3rd, 2014, 12:56 am

I just got one using some clever thinking. You know how there are random raid groups constantly recruiting for Apexis farming?

Go to where the sporebats are, then join a raid group. You'll flip servers. Run around looking for a spawn. If you see one, catch it, if not, leave the group and join the next one. Repeat until you have your pet.

It took me about twenty minutes.

OyDaisy
Pet Score:6962
Realm:Dragonblight-us

Post by OyDaisy » December 3rd, 2014, 1:54 am

I had been checking comments on the pet both here and on wowhead. they only spawn in Zangarra and it seems that the usual spawn time is around server reset or 6 am. I don't think i've seen anyone find a wild rare. Got mine at 6:45 server time yesterday morning and it was the only one up. Poor quality, but I plan to battle stone it. I had to jump down the waterfall to catch it, but i'm a shamen so i just popped up and battled it. If you have a toon with slowfall you can save yourself a death.

Wrekh
Pet Score:2893
Realm:Tarren Mill-eu

Post by Wrekh » January 28th, 2015, 6:18 am

Dalrint wrote:I just got one using some clever thinking. You know how there are random raid groups constantly recruiting for Apexis farming?

Go to where the sporebats are, then join a raid group. You'll flip servers. Run around looking for a spawn. If you see one, catch it, if not, leave the group and join the next one. Repeat until you have your pet.

It took me about twenty minutes.
That's exactly what I'm trying, but so far without luck. The irony is that I saw a lot of them when I was leveling. I'm sure I get him eventually ^^

Abbotta
MVP
Pet Score:11315
BattleTag®:LynneSin#1318
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Abbotta » January 28th, 2015, 12:15 pm

I think a few people mentioned it but do the LFR trick.

Nothing is more frustrating than roaming up and down the same area 82 trillion times whacking everything in site, killing that elite boss in the end (which drops crap btw) and still finding nothing. What's worse is if you are on a high-pop realm like Area 52 where you are probably searching for the pet with at least 2-3 other pet collectors.

Cross Realm!

Go to that Dungeon/Raid tool and the Looking for Raid Custom group find. Although it will work on most days I find on days when the Daily Garrison Quest has Assault on Shattrah you can easily find dozen of raid groups formed filled with 20-30 people gathered in Realms across WoW doing Shattrah. Since that is in Talador (home of the Shadow Sporebat), I join one of those groups then I head over to where the Sporebats are located and then maybe spend 20 minutes tops looking for sporebats. Honestly, if there aren't any pets it's just better moving on to a new Realm.

The night I found my Sporebat I think I visited about 10 Realms and found battle pet snails in 8 of them (which was better than nothing in my home realm of Area 52). Ironically it was when I crossed back into Area 52 that I literally dropped on top of my sporebat.

But the thing with crossing Realms, at least you will find some battle pets out there even if it is snails. When you join the raid you'll see which realm you will be going to from the raid leader's group. It just seemed way more productive them camping out in the same site for hours on end and finding absolutely no pets whatsoever.

Necrosaro420
Pet Score:4836
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Necrosaro420 » January 29th, 2015, 1:44 am

Abbotta wrote:I think a few people mentioned it but do the LFR trick.

Nothing is more frustrating than roaming up and down the same area 82 trillion times whacking everything in site, killing that elite boss in the end (which drops crap btw) and still finding nothing. What's worse is if you are on a high-pop realm like Area 52 where you are probably searching for the pet with at least 2-3 other pet collectors.

Cross Realm!

Go to that Dungeon/Raid tool and the Looking for Raid Custom group find. Although it will work on most days I find on days when the Daily Garrison Quest has Assault on Shattrah you can easily find dozen of raid groups formed filled with 20-30 people gathered in Realms across WoW doing Shattrah. Since that is in Talador (home of the Shadow Sporebat), I join one of those groups then I head over to where the Sporebats are located and then maybe spend 20 minutes tops looking for sporebats. Honestly, if there aren't any pets it's just better moving on to a new Realm.

The night I found my Sporebat I think I visited about 10 Realms and found battle pet snails in 8 of them (which was better than nothing in my home realm of Area 52). Ironically it was when I crossed back into Area 52 that I literally dropped on top of my sporebat.

But the thing with crossing Realms, at least you will find some battle pets out there even if it is snails. When you join the raid you'll see which realm you will be going to from the raid leader's group. It just seemed way more productive them camping out in the same site for hours on end and finding absolutely no pets whatsoever.

Yeah thats what I done. Got it pretty quick, 3 actually hehe.

Maizing
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Maizing » January 29th, 2015, 2:27 am

I got one just last week... after several days of checking, I helped a friend with some quests and she needed to go there, so I figured I would check while I was in the area. The one I caught was the only one there.
Merana wrote:
Solana wrote:By the way, battle pets are no longer susceptible to AOE and cannot be killed the conventional way. The only way to get rid of them now is to battle and despawn.
I'm afraid they still can be killed by player abilities. I've accidentally murdered quite a few pets with howling blast and starfall while leveling.
It has been my experience that the Draenor only pets cannot be killed by AOE damage, but the pets that spawn in older content can... so an AOE attack would kill the snails that spawn there, but not the sporebats.