Rematch 5.0

Discuss your favorite pet addons and macros.
Gello
Pet Score:9171
Realm:Hyjal-us
Re: Rematch 5.0

Post by Gello » March 20th, 2024, 5:35 am

Justgiz wrote:
February 23rd, 2024, 5:40 pm
Suggestion: Can you make the Revive Pets/Bandage buttons glow/flash like the Safari hat reminder, when the settings "Show Window After Loading" and "Only When Any Pets are Injured" open the window due to a injured pet. I still get confused about why the window opened.
Rather than having the buttons glow like the safari hat, the injured/dead overlay will now flash briefly.

Mot
Pet Score:13544
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Post by Mot » March 29th, 2024, 8:17 pm

This is not related to Rematch, but to Stash. I'm posting this here because the CF site is so broken beyond belief, I will not waste any more time trying to login to this piece of crap from my laptop.

I'm referring to this post of mine on CF (authored as "6mot"):

"START
Stash is responsible for a _significant_ slowdown when retrieving mails from the inbox" (yeah, it's not even possible to link to a CF post, WTF)
[…]
"END

You have replied to this once. Here is my reply, as of now:

"START
I’ve found the post by zeenk (Dec 2023) only now. Very probably he is describing the same dysfunctionality. (I get also sticky tooltips with Stash enabled, on mailboxes, but I haven’t watched his video (I dislike watching videos)).

And, just to say it, this (the topic of my post) is not a cosmetic issue. It effectively makes it it impossible to use Stash, if you’re trading in pets (in other words, if you regularly have more than 30 pets in your inbox).

I lived with it for over a year, but I had a (private) mod in place, that disabled any tooltips from whatever add-on when I’m at the mailbox. This was because I thought that the delay was caused by the ensemble of all tooltip-modifying addons.

But of course knowing now that Stash is the (only) offensive part, it is much more elegant to just unload Stash.
"END

As an aside, please consider opening Issue pages on GitHub or GitLab for your projects (you don't have to post the code there for this); this would make it so much easier to open/follow/maintain an issue thread. Forget CF.

Gello

Post by Gello » March 30th, 2024, 5:15 am

Do you have the option 'Add stash details to tooltips everywhere' enabled? If so, is the slowdown gone when you uncheck it?

If it's not enabled or the problem persists when it's disabled, it may be due to sharing the same tooltip for pulling out speciesIDs as it does for displaying locations. That can be fixed.

If the problem goes away when that option is disabled, then the interaction of this addon and tooltips would need to be changed.

I installed bagsync and syndicator (I don't see the need for stash if those are being used?) and sent myself about 20 pets and didn't see this behavior with or without that setting, but I don't doubt it's there.

Mot

Post by Mot » March 30th, 2024, 6:26 pm

Do you have the option 'Add stash details to tooltips everywhere' enabled?

No, it doesn't matter. Of course this was the first thing that occurred to me too.
The delay is there with or without that option enabled. Unloading Stash removes the delay, or disabling all tooltip additions from any add-on also removes the delay. But, as said, this (disabling all tooltip additions) is what I did via mod, as I wasn't aware that Stash is the culprit.

Mot

Post by Mot » March 30th, 2024, 6:37 pm

There is another thingy:

TSM Mail has an option for "mass-execution", i.e do a specified mail action (send to XX) on predefined things ("groups" in TSM terms).

I noticed, over the past 12 months (probably more) that the Group Actions did not always execute (i.e. mail not sent). This was about 70%. What did help was, rearranging some stuff in the bags, or doing a sort.

But now, since I have disabled Stash, these Group Actions work again.

I did not post it yet, because, it is not certain that there is a direct relation. The problem is that since I had unloaded stash I did have 2 or 3 failures with TSM's group send (but that's nothing compared to before, as said around 70%).

So, unsure stuff here, but I think it might be related to the hook Stash is having on some mail send action.

Mot

Post by Mot » March 30th, 2024, 6:46 pm

>> I installed bagsync and syndicator (I don't see the need for stash if those are being used?)

The point is: You need to have additional lines on the tooltip. Like what BattlePetBreedID does, or what BagSync does, or what Syndicator does, or what Stash does, what TSM does, etc. Without that, there isn't any effect, since the tooltips are "normal" (unmodified).

Once you have those additional infos on the tooltip, you'll notice that Stash (and Stash only) will bring down your mail retrieval to an abysmally low rate. (As said try it with 30+ pet cages in the inbox, but you will already notice the effect wit 15 or so)

Removing Stash (not the Stash tooltip option, you have to disable it, or modify the function as pointed out in my CF post), immediately resolves this issue. No matter how many of the other tooltip-contributing addons you have running.

Mot

Post by Mot » March 30th, 2024, 6:57 pm

To get a better understanding of what is (probably) going on here, please read through this awfully long GH thread:

https://github.com/Baganator/Syndicator/issues/3

Or at least through the last third of it.

Gello

Post by Gello » March 30th, 2024, 7:27 pm

I posted an update. Did it help? I'll see if I can find time to go through that thread. In the meantime, if the update doesn't help I'll remove pet tracking in mail and guild bank.

Mot

Post by Mot » March 31st, 2024, 3:31 pm

At the moment I don't have access to my desktop, I'm still on my laptop with some sort of temporary setup, I've also uninstalled Stash at the time when it became apparent that it was responsible for the slowdown.

But of course I will test it as soon as I have access to my regular desktop setup. I really appreciate you pushing out an update.

You may be wondering why I was still running Stash when I was also running TSM, Syndicator: TSM is needed for serious auctioning, but its inventory tracking is buggy (for unknown reasons, it often fails to see items that are definitely present in some alt's bank). I used to use BagSync, mainly for pet tracking, as it shows me the level and breed of the pets on my alts' banks. With the recent addition and maturation of plusmouse's Syndicator/Baganator, I stopped using BagSync, but still kept Stash as part of my "very base" setup, i.e. it was running in setups where almost all other addons were unloaded, in order to get a short loading screen), as Stash has an extraordinarily tiny database. (I stopped doing this for obvious reasons.)

But as I said, I will give it a try when it is more convenient.

Thanks again for looking into this.

Mot

Post by Mot » March 31st, 2024, 4:25 pm

OK, I was too curious, and cancelled about 30 of my pet auctions, and installed Stash 1.3.17, and nope, unfortunately it is the same as before: Abysmal mail retrieval slowdown as before (de facto unusable), "sticky" tooltips.
WoWScrnShot_033124_232226.png
WoWScrnShot_033124_232226.png (170.77KiB)Viewed 698 times
WoWScrnShot_033124_232226.png

Mot

Post by Mot » March 31st, 2024, 4:30 pm

Maybe I should elaborate on what is "abysmal": each mail retrieval (pet cage) takes about 1s or 1.5s, sometimes more. Cancelling the whole thing by clicking the mailbox close box takes around 2 seconds, since the whole UI is under such high load.

Gello

Post by Gello » March 31st, 2024, 5:25 pm

I still can't reproduce this behavior. It's killed a weekend that's already been very stressfull and it's absolutely pushed me to the brink of giving up on addons all together. I'm done with Stash. If you have any more comments on it, please post to wowinterface if you don't want to use curseforge. (I far prefer wowinterface.) I'm done responding to comments for a while.

And I will absolutely not create issue trackers anywhere. Put a gun to my head and I'll tell you to pull the trigger before I make one. I guarantee you I have stronger feelings on that than you have on curseforge.

Mot

Post by Mot » March 31st, 2024, 5:54 pm

As it happened that my other AH toon had the inbox full of pet cages (60+), I tried it again on that toon, activated Stash 1.3.17, reloaded, and as expected, the same as on the previous AH toon: unusable mail-in-box, UI almost at halt, CPU/FPS-wise.

The setup here is not the fastest one (MacBook Pro 2017), but also on my desktop setup (iMac 2019, still Intel) it is the same. And without Stash, everything is within normal parameters, on the mobile computer as well as on the desktop. No delays at all.

Mot

Post by Mot » March 31st, 2024, 6:27 pm

Gello wrote:
March 31st, 2024, 5:25 pm
I still can't reproduce this behavior. It's killed a weekend that's already been very stressfull and it's absolutely pushed me to the brink of giving up on addons all together. I'm done with Stash. If you have any more comments on it, please post to wowinterface if you don't want to use curseforge. (I far prefer wowinterface.) I'm done responding to comments for a while.
I think I've described the conditions to invoke the buggy behavior. You are just saying that you can't reproduce it, you are not saying what you actually did (i.e. which of the conditions were present). If there is still something that is unclear, let me know.

And, well, for me it's 100% OK. I have uninstalled Stash, and there is no immediate need to use it again, for me. I thought that the findings could be of interest to debug Stash, so that it would be of use for other pet trading users again. But if you're not interested, up to you, ofc. Also don't forget the post by the other guy on CF (sticky tooltips), which is most likely rooted to the same issue. But yeah, just forget it if you prefer ;)
Gello wrote:
March 31st, 2024, 5:25 pm
And I will absolutely not create issue trackers anywhere. Put a gun to my head and I'll tell you to pull the trigger before I make one. I guarantee you I have stronger feelings on that than you have on curseforge.
May I ask what the reason for this is? (" I guarantee you I have stronger feelings on that than you have on curseforge")

I'm done here now, no worries. But still a bit confused about your latest reaction. And no, I will not try to locate any thread on some semi-dead WoWInterface page. I was trying to point your attention to a serious dysfunctionality of one of your addons. If this is not of any interest to you, fine.

I still appreciate your absolutely great work with Rematch. Couldn't live without it! Many thanks for that, but have a nice day!

Best wishes,

–Tom

Mot

Post by Mot » March 31st, 2024, 6:46 pm

But, yeah, probably it's a good idea to trash Stash ("I'm done with Stash"), if you don't have the time or motivation to keep it up. Not so long ago you weren't even aware that Stash is no longer tracking the Void Storage (I pointed you to that in a CF post).

I still think that Stash is a good idea, it has some things that others don't have: Search by typing, a very tiny DB footprint, possibility to get items by "equipped", and maybe some more things.

Dumping it completely would be a shame.

Dragonsafterdark
Pet Score:13792
BattleTag®:DragonsADark#1212
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Dragonsafterdark » April 3rd, 2024, 12:32 am

Heya, I've been having trouble with Rematch not loading abilities correctly sometimes when I load a team with a string. Each time I've double-checked to make sure everything was correct on Xu-Fu's end with the selected abilities. I'm sorry I can't pinpoint when or why it happens, as I haven't been able to establish a pattern, but it doesn't happen every time.