Spectral Tiger Cub Duping - info for traders!

Arrange pet trades on US and Oceanic servers.
Beana
Top Rater
Pet Score:13370
BattleTag®:Beana#1484
Realm:Area 52-us
Re: Spectral Tiger Cub Duping - info for traders!

Post by Beana » July 17th, 2013, 6:12 am

Wow people are really in denial about this on the forums... Well in that thread posted above. I guess most people whist want to see "cheap cubs!" And go with it.

Nymphis
Pet Score:10073
BattleTag®:Nymphye#1206
Realm:Exodar-us

Post by Nymphis » July 17th, 2013, 12:38 pm

Beana wrote:Wow people are really in denial about this on the forums... Well in that thread posted above. I guess most people whist want to see "cheap cubs!" And go with it.
Yes, sad but true, they all just seem to be glad the price is dropping at a phenomenal rate. No one on the WoW forums seems to care that this is going to smash the economy for the kitties from here on out. Lol I'd still pay good gold/pets for a real kitten, but other than getting a lvl 1 (and how are we going to guarantee those either as legit anymore - they could start duping any level sigh)it really isn't possible to say if a pet it duped or not after lvl 6. I am most definitely glad I got a real one from a reputable trader before all this (lol thanks again Beana, my Squeakers is a spoiled kitten :) ) I thank the gods I don't have to worry about the his future.

Faelar
Top Rater
Pet Score:6744
BattleTag®:Faelar#1331
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Faelar » July 18th, 2013, 11:22 am

And I thought we were clear of the level 1s. Not yet. 2 of them popped up on my server, selling unlearned cubs. I sent them tells saying I am reporting them. The reply? "90k". Same thing as the last dupers I reported a week ago.

Yamum
Pet Score:4177
Realm:Khaz'goroth-us

Post by Yamum » July 18th, 2013, 11:30 am

The abundance of level 6 cubs is certainly strange but not sufficient proof of "duping", whatever that means.

Also, there doesn't appear to be any risk on the buy side of this trade - Blizz will not remove your pet.

The only people hurt by this are people who already own cubs and are looking to sell them. My advice to legitimate sellers would be to either sell now before the price drops further, or hold out until Blizz fix the over-supply.

Faelar
Top Rater

Post by Faelar » July 18th, 2013, 11:41 am

We've been over this Yamum. We have enough compiled evidence to point out the amount of cubs coming in is near impossible based on previous levels of these pets.

And it is not just legimate sellers that were hurt. Some of us which have legit cubs who were happy to have a rare pet have just watched it become worth less than a dragon kite now. It is kind of sad.

Yamum
Pet Score:4177
Realm:Khaz'goroth-us

Post by Yamum » July 18th, 2013, 3:32 pm

While the evidence is certainly compelling I don't think every suspicious circumstance warrants a "ZOMG DUPE!!11" response. So far I've heard nothing but speculation, rumour and hearsay.

I don't see how the value of a pet that you have no intention of ever selling is an issue.

Zyl
Top Rater
Pet Score:7916
Realm:Agamaggan-us

Post by Zyl » July 18th, 2013, 3:34 pm

My server is a low pop, with only 2 guilds on the whole server ever having stepped foot into ToT and one just showed up on our AH today for 150k, and is level 6.

Adecesar
Pet Score:3394
BattleTag®:adecesar#1993
Realm:Destromath-us

Post by Adecesar » July 18th, 2013, 3:43 pm

Yamum wrote:While the evidence is certainly compelling I don't think every suspicious circumstance warrants a "ZOMG DUPE!!11" response. So far I've heard nothing but speculation, rumour and hearsay.

I don't see how the value of a pet that you have no intention of ever selling is an issue.
It's good to keep an open mind and not immediately jump on the "DUPE!" bandwagon in general, but there's overwhelming evidence that these cubs are duped. There is simply no other reasonable explanation for why there would be such a massive influx of lv. 6 spectral cubs, enough to be dropping the price of the cubs by over 50% in many cases.

There is significant enough circumstantial evidence in this case to adopt the dupe hypothesis as the most reasonable one. It is technically possible that something else is happening, but it would be so absurdly unlikely that unless you have evidence to support an alternative hypothesis, there's no reason at all to jump to one.

Faelar
Top Rater

Post by Faelar » July 18th, 2013, 8:24 pm

Yeah I mean the brand new level 1's with 10 achievement points (took some falling damage today apparently) selling cubs and the guy is selling MULTIPLE cubs isn't the LEAST bit shady. TOTALLY. Not the sarcasm. Guess how many level 6 cubs soon hit my ah? At least 2 of them level 6 and up.

Edit for Irony: I find it even funnier the level 1 in trade chat was advertising the cub as the last one he had because he sold the others.

Nymphis
Pet Score:10073
BattleTag®:Nymphye#1206
Realm:Exodar-us

Post by Nymphis » July 19th, 2013, 2:03 am

Adecesar wrote:
Yamum wrote:While the evidence is certainly compelling I don't think every suspicious circumstance warrants a "ZOMG DUPE!!11" response. So far I've heard nothing but speculation, rumour and hearsay.

It's good to keep an open mind and not immediately jump on the "DUPE!" bandwagon in general, but there's overwhelming evidence that these cubs are duped. There is simply no other reasonable explanation for why there would be such a massive influx of lv. 6 spectral cubs, enough to be dropping the price of the cubs by over 50% in many cases.

There is significant enough circumstantial evidence in this case to adopt the dupe hypothesis as the most reasonable one. It is technically possible that something else is happening, but it would be so absurdly unlikely that unless you have evidence to support an alternative hypothesis, there's no reason at all to jump to one.
Now while I agree with the fact that "not every suspicious circumstance warrants a "ZOMG DUPE!!11" response"... the fact that there were 2-3 spectral tigers - lvl 25 or 1 - on illidan's AH a few weeks ago (before this all started) and MAYBE one person spamming trade (usually someone with a pet in the AH) - and now there are 6-7 (nearly all lvl 6) as well as 4 or 5 people spamming trade (with either lvl 6 listed or the original link, but when you /w them it's always a lvl 6)... warrants a LARGE amount of skepticism as to the origins of these cubs. It's hard to think that the number has doubled or tripled, the price has halved to quartered, and EVERYONE has done 2-3 battles to level the pet to 6... Lol there's possible evidence, and there's a 4x4 smacking you in the face :) In this case I'm gonna duck... and fast :)

Moneypenny
Top Rater
Pet Score:12117
BattleTag®:Msbehavin#1399
Realm:Jubei'Thos-us

Post by Moneypenny » July 19th, 2013, 2:42 am

wow go away for a few days and pets get duped to :( so sad to see this especially when people work so hard.. i have two on my server atm but both are 180k and 250k which im gathering arent duped, either way sad to see.
http://www.best-signatures.com/]Image

Morfraen
Pet Score:7723
Realm:Bleeding Hollow-us

Post by Morfraen » July 20th, 2013, 11:04 pm

Looks like the resellers are trying to put prices back up to the 200k+ range.