Beyond Collecting individual unique pets.

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Avarseth
Pet Score:8427
Realm:Frostmane-eu
Beyond Collecting individual unique pets.

Post by Avarseth » December 1st, 2019, 12:32 pm

Hey everyone, first off im new to this web site even tough I've been using it for a long time now, secondly, I have recently been reaching (slowly) my goal of having one of each available pet in game, and as such I was wondering what else to do after this...
I've noticed a post with color variants of each pet and that to me is a good reason to get duplicate pets. but they don't seem to be that many.. any ideas on what to collect? maybe one of each breed or something? I'd love to have some feedback on what ppl with duplicate pets look for.

sorry for the rambling I tried to make it as clear as I could lol xD

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Re: Beyond Collecting individual unique pets.

Post by Peanutty » December 1st, 2019, 2:28 pm

It's not possible to collect one of each breed, given there's some wild pets with 10 breed variants, like Flayer Youngling. Also given the max number of pets you can have, currently 2000, you'd max out faster than you realize.

I do collect color variants and size variants.

It's currently not possible to collect one of each color variant, given some of the newer pets like Spireshell Snail come in more than 3 colors. :( Though other than those few cases collecting color variants is achievable and I have as many of the different color variants as I can hold, including holding onto extra cageable pets such as Glittering Diamondshell (which has 5 variants) on a bank toon.

My personal favorite are pets that come in different sizes and I've tried to find those and collect as many of those as I can. I think more have been discovered but I can't find the list if there is one. Here's a list of ones I know of to get you started. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18320&p=143364&hilit=size#p143367

Avarseth
Pet Score:8427
Realm:Frostmane-eu

Post by Avarseth » December 1st, 2019, 3:14 pm

Thanks for the reply this is amazing! keep me posted if you find a list of size and colour variations I will be looking for those myself as well. I really had no idea about the size thing pretty awesome!

Mastr
MVP
Pet Score:14016
Realm:Burning Blade-us

Post by Mastr » December 11th, 2019, 3:51 pm

Try collecting mounts and toys. Those are fun as well.

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13619
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » December 14th, 2019, 1:32 pm

I've never been too fussed about colour variations on pets but I AM an obsessive transmog collector. And achievements. Followed by toys and lastly, mounts.

Keeps me plenty busy. :D
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Charrlless
Pet Score:9975
Realm:Winterhoof-us

Post by Charrlless » February 4th, 2020, 8:49 pm

I try to get multiple copies of any one pet. This adds considerable time to my pet gathering.
There was/is a point to it. Some pet battles require a particular breed to ensure a win.
And some pets are so good in a fight, having back-up copies is smart thinking.

Rioriel
Top Rater
Pet Score:10504
Realm:The Sha'tar-eu

Post by Rioriel » February 7th, 2020, 3:12 pm

Once you've got one of each... make sure you have a rare of each... then a level 25 rare of each. :mrgreen: :lol:

Noel
Pet Score:13092
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us

Post by Noel » February 10th, 2020, 9:32 pm

I like to keep a few of pets that are very useful, you'll know which ones, if they're extra awesome I get 3. If I sometimes need P/P and other times S/S I get both, etc.

Don't have room to have multiple of all pets but sometimes its good to have a bunch! (pet dungeon runs come to mind)

Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us

Post by Uduwudu » February 11th, 2020, 2:18 pm

Hi,

i don't think I have a single repeat in my listing of 1094 pets ... and mostly because there is no need for it, with the exception of a few pet battles here and there ... but really you can solo the Murlocs with one snail, why have 2 or 3 of the same pet?

Recently I have been doing the dungeon thing, and in the Deadmines, it looks like it calls for the Teroclaw Hatchling 3 times (in the Xu-Fu site), and that is a slight problem since (to my knowledge) there are no other pets with the same usable set of spells as the Teroclaw Hatchling, and that means you kinda need another one ... but I would rather find a replacement, since with almost 1100 pets, I'm pretty sure there are good replacements, and for the most part Xu-Fu does not list updates/replacements with a few pets that have showed up in the past several months in the game, that could be ... better, or more useful ... however, I would not disagree with the majority of their suggestions ... they are great! Trust me ... you did not know you could do that! In so many pet battles.

Learning how to use different spells is way more important than having 2 or 3 of anything in my book!