Prestige Pet Calculation

Share pet collecting news and advice.
FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu
Prestige Pet Calculation

Post by FuxieDK » October 22nd, 2017, 5:04 am

I truely suck at these calculations, so can someone help me?

I just reached P3 yesterday (a few H-levels on top, but let's disregard that).
How long time, will it take to grind up to P6 for the pet (or just per Prestige level)?

Assuming, 3 towers (300 each) and 1 brawl (500 each) per day.
A: All Towers with +15% bonus from Battle Standard
B: Only 1 Tower with +15% bonus (the fast way)

Gráinne
Pet Score:13224
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Re: Prestige Pet Calculation

Post by Gráinne » October 22nd, 2017, 8:17 am

I'm just a bit behind you. :)

After the first Prestige level, which was nerfed - cut in half to enable people to get all their talents quickly - we need 44K Honor per prestige level thereafter. (Reference: http://www.wowhead.com/getting-into-legion-pvp-guide#honor-and-prestige )

3 Towers + one FFA = 3* 300 + 500 = 1.4K Honor per day.

1400 * 30 (days per month) = 42K Honor per month, which is just short of one Prestige level.

With the +15% from the Guild Standard, it is 1,610 per day = 48,300 per month, which is a bit over one Prestige level per month, which would leave you ~4 months off the second round of pets. End February...

So figure that a daily FFA + All Three Towers gets you a Prestige per month, more or less, allowing for missed events, days, off, sometimes missing the Guild Standard at the end, all that.

Doing only one FFA per day from the class hall, but not the towers (= 500 * 30 * 1.15 = 17.25K/month) would make it about one Prestige level per 2-and-a-half months, 10-11 months to the second pets. Hm, maybe I should start doing a few more towers, but I should still get it done, assuming the expansion is in expansion season next year .... OTOH, if they do an early expansion ...

FuxieDK

Post by FuxieDK » October 22nd, 2017, 10:42 pm

So, basically, one month per P-levrl, or a bit less, depending on how particular you are with the Guild Banner..

Thank..

Mastr
MVP
Pet Score:13968
Realm:Burning Blade-us

Post by Mastr » October 24th, 2017, 8:19 am

It goes faster than that, the 500 quest rotates every 6 hours so you get 2000 a day for those plus the 3 towers.
Takes about 2.5 weeks per prestige level.

GrosBonda
Pet Score:10429
BattleTag®:Grosbonda#1406
Realm:Arygos-us

Post by GrosBonda » October 24th, 2017, 9:55 am

Mastr wrote:It goes faster than that, the 500 quest rotates every 6 hours so you get 2000 a day for those plus the 3 towers.
getting ganked in the 500 quest is no fun :P

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13864
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » October 24th, 2017, 12:33 pm

Mastr wrote:It goes faster than that, the 500 quest rotates every 6 hours so you get 2000 a day for those plus the 3 towers.
That's only if you're able to play during both FFA WQs. Personally, I mainly focus on getting at least one FFA WQ with the class talent that allows you to complete a WQ instantly (18 hour cooldown). Include the guild banner and it bumps that up to 575 honor, all from the comfort of my class hall! :P
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Darkchyld
Pet Score:13586
BattleTag®:Darkchyld#1345
Realm:Tichondrius-us

Post by Darkchyld » October 24th, 2017, 12:44 pm

All of the FFA ones are pretty much PvE with a bit of PvP mixed in. Using WQGF helps a lot to at least have the numbers and for you to have some allies on your side. Only the Blackrook Rumble is true FFA PvP and is the most annoying of the lot. The rest is mainly just killing murlocs, beasts, and drogbar and it's a significant chunk of honor so I made sure to complete all of them when they came up when I was doing the grind.

Gráinne
Pet Score:13224
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » October 24th, 2017, 1:45 pm

Quintessence wrote:Personally, I mainly focus on getting at least one FFA WQ with the class talent that allows you to complete a WQ instantly (18 hour cooldown). Include the guild banner and it bumps that up to 575 honor, all from the comfort of my class hall! :P
Yeah, that's my M.O. as well, with occasional spurts of energy to do the towers. From that exercise, though, the calendar says I need to get more spurts of energy. :P

Ligament
Pet Score:6013
BattleTag®:ligament#1221
Realm:Turalyon-us

Post by Ligament » October 24th, 2017, 5:35 pm

GrosBonda wrote:

You can't use the word gank in a world pvp free for all. You're open game. All at max level. NOT GANKING.

Studmuffyn
Pet Score:13058
Realm:Vek'nilash-us

Post by Studmuffyn » October 24th, 2017, 5:44 pm

be cool if we could use the banner on the 500 rep ones in the world,lol.

Dalandius
Pet Score:13096
Realm:Earthen Ring-us

Post by Dalandius » October 24th, 2017, 6:32 pm

Ligament wrote:
GrosBonda wrote:

You can't use the word gank in a world pvp free for all. You're open game. All at max level. NOT GANKING.
True but when you have 5 million life and melting all the mobs and some druid tank comes along with 13 million+ life with so much mitigation you can not do any significant damage it sure feels like you have been ganked :/

Mastr
MVP

Post by Mastr » October 27th, 2017, 8:28 am

Use the lfg tool and let other players help you get it done.
I don't like PVP much either so I just expect to die a lot in the rumble and just keep rezzing till its done.
It may take 10 deaths but 500 rep is at least half a level.

Mastr
MVP

Post by Mastr » October 29th, 2017, 12:05 pm

I looked it up and someone calculated it is now 44,000 honor per prestige level now after the nerf.
Assuming you do all 4 500 quests each day and the 3 towers at 300 each with the guild banner up for each one you can get 3,335 honor each day. (2900 x 1.15)

So that's 44,000/3335 = 13.192 days per prestige level.

Much better now than when they were first available. At first it was 50k per level and you had to take a ground mount to each quest. Also that low level gear made it tough to solo the tower bosses. Now with flying, good gear and lfg tool, it goes MUCH faster.

Time is also halved now because you don't need to do it on the opposing faction to get both pets.

FuxieDK

Post by FuxieDK » October 30th, 2017, 5:08 am

Some of us, have a life, which means 4x500 per day is impossible. ;)

FuxieDK

Post by FuxieDK » November 14th, 2017, 5:24 pm

Weeeeeeeee..

P4H1.... It's slow work, but I'm getting closer...

Mezzanine

Post by Mezzanine » November 14th, 2017, 9:16 pm

I do almost an entire prestige level when the BG event is on. I AV grind with the merc mode buff and it works wonders.
I believe there is one coming up soon so I urge you to take advantage of it.

FuxieDK

Post by FuxieDK » November 14th, 2017, 11:41 pm

Mezzanine wrote:I do almost an entire prestige level when the BG event is on. I AV grind with the merc mode buff and it works wonders.
Please elaborate on this. What is merc mode etc etc?

I haven't been in a BG since Cataclysm (with the exception of those required for legendary in Pandaria)..

Mezzanine

Post by Mezzanine » November 15th, 2017, 9:08 pm

FuxieDK wrote:
Mezzanine wrote:I do almost an entire prestige level when the BG event is on. I AV grind with the merc mode buff and it works wonders.

I haven't been in a BG since Cataclysm (with the exception of those required for legendary in Pandaria)..
Merc mode allows you to fight for the opposing faction. It was implemented as a means to balance out long queue times. To give incentive to use this system they gave a buff to the "underdog" faction that yielded an additional 50% honor to bgs.
During the bg event you get 100% additional honor so utilizing that with the 50% adds to quicker leveling.
If you go to the Dalaran sewer guard station there is an npc who can give you the merc mode buff.

AV is my bg of choice because you get honor from taking towers and killing captain npcs.

FuxieDK

Post by FuxieDK » November 15th, 2017, 11:39 pm

Mezzanine wrote:
FuxieDK wrote:

Merc mode allows you to fight for the opposing faction. It was implemented as a means to balance out long queue times. To give incentive to use this system they gave a buff to the "underdog" faction that yielded an additional 50% honor to bgs.
During the bg event you get 100% additional honor so utilizing that with the 50% adds to quicker leveling.
If you go to the Dalaran sewer guard station there is an npc who can give you the merc mode buff.

AV is my bg of choice because you get honor from taking towers and killing captain npcs.
And how do you know, who is underdog? Is it just the faction, that seems to loose the current BG?

Dalandius
Pet Score:13096
Realm:Earthen Ring-us

Post by Dalandius » November 16th, 2017, 8:38 pm

And how do you know, who is underdog? Is it just the faction, that seems to loose the current BG?
Right buff effect but the wrong name. It is an Enlistment Bonus, this happens when too few of your faction queue for PvP.

As to how to see if it is active for your faction, when you go to queue it should show a star next to the reward for winning a random battleground. For the US servers this mostly seems to be the Alliance getting the buff.