Blizzcon 2017

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Elewis
MVP
Pet Score:7758
Realm:Dalaran-us
Blizzcon 2017

Post by Elewis » October 7th, 2017, 11:40 am

It's that time of year again to buy the Blizzcon virtual ticket. I saw the mounts and bleh, I know Shadow was released early but are they going to release another for Blizzcon? I don't want to miss out but I'm not super psyched about Blizzcon this year.

Dalandius
Pet Score:13306
Realm:Earthen Ring-us

Re: Blizzcon 2017

Post by Dalandius » October 7th, 2017, 2:53 pm

I ask that very question in this thread (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17305).

The consensus seemed to be no pet but some think they may announce one later. Personally I do not think so as if there was a pet that could be linked to a possible expansion then announcing a mystery pet. This would add to the hype which Blizzard would not miss a chance to do.

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » October 7th, 2017, 4:50 pm

I'm actually starting to wonder if all the other items are spoilery for the upcoming releases. We usually know what it all is by the beginning of October, excluding stuff they don't want to spoil.

I do actually think there is a pet. It's been years since there wasn't one, and since the last year that they didn't do it, it's become much more traditional to have some sort of costumed murloc with the ticket. Notice in the description that it says "pets" plural. Only D3 and WoW have pets as cosmetics. So the use of plural suggests to me that there will be one for WoW as well, and they've chosen not to reveal it because it's themed after the 8.0 expansion. Two years ago they only revealed Murkidan because Legion was first unveiled at Gamescom instead of Blizzcon.

Wish we'd get the article outlining specifically what's revealed and what's remaining a mystery till Blizzcon though.

Also, the mounts are pretty cool. I wasn't sure till I got mine in-game. After getting to use it, I was sold on them.

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13661
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » October 10th, 2017, 7:16 am

I'm not overly excited about the mounts but I buy the VT's to actually WATCH Blizzcon as I love all the panels. :D

A pet is/would be a serious bonus but there doesn't have to be any rewards at all to make me buy a ticket. :)

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » October 11th, 2017, 5:52 am

Seems rather unlikely to me, that there will be a pet as well as the mounts. They have updated the page that lists the in-game goodies, and although it says the Hearthstone bonus is still to be revealed, it says nothing about a possible extra for WoW. I bought the virtual ticket anyway because I like the airship mounts, but I'm not holding my breath for anything else.

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » October 12th, 2017, 4:59 pm

Yeah, definitely won’t be one now. That was prior to the announcement a couple days ago.