pets essential to WoD trainers?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Echinacea
Pet Score:10214
Realm:Ravencrest-us
pets essential to WoD trainers?

Post by Echinacea » December 16th, 2014, 3:54 pm

im finding the WoD trainers harder than what i was used to in MoP if only because of the pets I currently have at 25. over the weekend i had to level a couple more spawn of gnathus and scourged whelpling) to take on tirs and fiero.

so far...the only "essential" ones are the predictable unborn valk, pandaren water spirit and chrominus. (because i had quintessence this morning)

Linaomine
Pet Score:8585
BattleTag®:jrevenge#1115
Realm:Area 52-us

Re: pets essential to WoD trainers?

Post by Linaomine » December 16th, 2014, 11:29 pm

I use the Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling for 3 of the trainers, so I would recommend it.

Sycophantic
Pet Score:4094
BattleTag®:sycophantic#1842
Realm:Emerald Dream-us

Post by Sycophantic » December 17th, 2014, 2:33 am

The Pandaren Water Spirit and Corehound/Chromeus have also been quite handy.

Simianrex
Pet Score:11020
Realm:Garrosh-us

Post by Simianrex » December 18th, 2014, 4:59 pm

All six trainers can be beaten with a Sprite Darter Hatchling and a Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling.

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#inbox/14a540bbbf7bd6f8

I didn't come up with the strat, but I verified it yesterday. There are more efficient or faster strats for some of the tamers but if you don't have all the other required pets, these two guy can get the job done.

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » December 19th, 2014, 7:05 pm

I find I've been using the Nexus Whelp quite a bit. He largely takes care of two tamers for me, and is also useful on some of the Menagerie fights.

Axarien
MVP
Pet Score:5571
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us

Post by Axarien » December 25th, 2014, 11:56 pm

Maybe my RNG has been unlucky, but I found the SDH/MPD strategy unworkable. I had better luck with the strategy listed by Ofire on Cymre's Wohead page: http://www.wowhead.com/npc=83837/cymre- ... e#comments

"Anubisath Idol (1,1,1)
Mechanical Dragonling (1,2,2)
Carry Pet

vs Idol of Decay

1. Deflection (unless he is around 200 hp, then he casts Dark Rebirth, so just crush, if once he has cast rebirth, prepare to Deflection) to block Rot
2. Sandstorm on CD
3. Crush as filler. Once he has dark rebirthed, just crush him until he is dead.

vs Wishbright Lantern

1. Cast Deflection if it is up, else use sandstorm.
2. Cast sandstorm if up, else just start spamming crush until your idol or he is dead, keep sandstorm on CD
3. Once your idol dies, bring in your carry pet, then instantly switch to Mechanical dragonling
4. hopefully one or 2 breaths will kill him, save thunderbolt and decoy for the last guy

vs Gyrexle

1. Cast Decoy
2. cast thunderbolt
3. cast breath until you can thunderbolt him again(he might heal, just keep going)
4. Cast breath until he dies"

Anyway, just something else to try in case like me you had trouble. Also, I find Taralune really easy to handle with my Emerald Whelpling. She can usually solo that tamer but occasionally needs Emerald Proto-Whelp for backup.

Pinyin
Pet Score:4663
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Pinyin » December 28th, 2014, 12:57 pm

If you have a molten hatchling (and time, lot and lots of time) you can kill all of wise mari's pets with one. You can put level 1 or low-level pets in the other two slots, because mari's pets will kill your back line. Throwing low ones in there preserves your level 25 pets.

I use Leech life, Cauterize and molten wave. The fight takes forever but one pet kills Mari's three.

Papazol
Pet Score:9646
Realm:Balnazzar-us

Post by Papazol » December 28th, 2014, 6:29 pm

Arcana wrote:Maybe my RNG has been unlucky
If you talk about Cymre Brightblade, I used 2 pets strategy for ashiev:
1. Enchanted broom - batter, sweep, wind-up.
2. lava crab - burn, cauterize, magma wave.
3. Carry pet
Main idea was to kill idol on back line. So I started from sweep, wind-up, batter...wind-up so lamp couldn't heal and died. Sweep idol 2d time. Batter girexlite till broom was killed. Eventualy broom can kill girexlite 1st time, but we don't need to activate failsafe to early. After broom died, crab just magma waved robot, his rockets and idol on back line.
Crab is elemental so if you will not destroy some rockets, cose you will heal, it will not kill him. After idol dies, you may just burn robot during next repair.
A bit slow - near 30 rounds, but easy duable.