Funny Non-Collector Lucky Moments?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Stella3
Pet Score:4018
Realm:Cenarion Circle-us
Funny Non-Collector Lucky Moments?

Post by Stella3 » December 16th, 2014, 12:28 am

So there I was wanting to buy a disgusting oozeling and had been saving up the gold over a few weeks making myself ready for the purchase at the right time, trying to buy it when it was maybe 100 or 200 gold cheaper than normal. Watching it like a hawk I saw it go down from 20k to 18k and eventually 17k. I was ready to make my purchase and I felt I was getting a deal. Then on a random whim late at night, I decided to check if it was any lower, and there it was..... A disgusting oozeling being sold for 50g, no joke 50 gold! I purchased that thing faster than you can say Egbert and I had a smiling face for hours!

Ahh I love the ignorance of the non collectors, anybody else have a lucky story to share? :D

Britty
Pet Score:5582
Realm:Turalyon-us

Re: Funny Non-Collector Lucky Moments?

Post by Britty » December 16th, 2014, 7:38 am

I got Kovok for around 1k from someone who was advertising in trade chat because the ones that were on the AH expired. (They were going for like 8-10k at the time) I kinda felt bad... but I guess they wanted 1k right then. At least I wasn't planning on reselling it.

Dagris
Top Rater
Pet Score:9380
BattleTag®:Dugoth#1259
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Dagris » December 16th, 2014, 9:30 am

Stella3 wrote:Ahh I love the ignorance of the non collectors, anybody else have a lucky story to share? :D
Picked up my first Ore Eater as a Red Goren Egg for 1000g, it was a beautiful thing :)

Topaz
Pet Score:4045
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Topaz » December 16th, 2014, 10:12 am

i got a pygmy direhorn for 700g, a kovok for 1.1k and on ore eater for 1.5k.
also on the morning of the pre-patch i bought the bronze whelping that were poping in AH and selling them for double/triple price. and i wouldn't call it much of a luck, more of a making the best of a worst situation is a 11k hatespark.

edit: and i just bought a rotten little helper for 1k
Last edited by Topaz on December 16th, 2014, 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darolyn
Pet Score:5488
BattleTag®:Thaliana#1794
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Post by Darolyn » December 16th, 2014, 2:10 pm

I check the AH every day all day long for good deals using the remote AH. Got a Gulp Froglet for a friend for about 10% of what I'd seen them for previously, but then Bufo came up that evening and dropped it, so I have an extra...holding onto that one for awhile, found an Everbloom Peachick the other day for a few hundred gold when most on my server are 2K+, again for the same friend, and I picked up a few other of the WoD quest or drop pets cheap for that same friend. Yes, I know I could get most of them on alts, but I love the squeals of delight when I surprise her with something new, so....yeah. Been so long since I had someone to play with that I am spending money left and right on her. Spoiling her.

Unfortunately, most people on my main server know what they have, so the good deals are rarer and rarer.

I'm about ready to shell out 10K for the Emerald Whelpling, though....1g for each of the Dreaming or Noxious Whelps I've killed so far. And I'm not exaggerating. I've been farming this guy since he dropped in Swamp of Sorrows, and STILL nothing. Leveled two toons to grey on those guys, working on the third. I WISH someone would post one cheap....

ETA: Just checked a different server I have a toon on. 5K for a whelpling, and all I have is 250g on that toon. I'm going to cry. That's WAY less than the 25K they're going for on my home server...
Thaliana#1794 - My WoW account has 50 toons, so I would so greatly appreciate people creating toons on Kael'Thas or Ghostlands to trade with me. <3

Cdeveau
Pet Score:3741
Realm:Gul'dan-us

Post by Cdeveau » December 16th, 2014, 6:52 pm

Darolyn wrote:
ETA: Just checked a different server I have a toon on. 5K for a whelpling, and all I have is 250g on that toon. I'm going to cry. That's WAY less than the 25K they're going for on my home server...
I sent you a PM on this.

Cdeveau
Pet Score:3741
Realm:Gul'dan-us

Post by Cdeveau » December 17th, 2014, 1:22 pm

Just wanted to thank Darolyn for my holiday gifts. I was gifting her an emerald whelpling and she(making an assumption) was nice enough to gift me a mechanical scorpid and mechanical axebeak. It made my day, thank you!