TCG Pet Question For PVE

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Waldorftm
Pet Score:2826
Realm:Silvermoon-us
TCG Pet Question For PVE

Post by Waldorftm » December 15th, 2014, 1:59 am

Hi all, I just got back into WOW and am really enjoying the pet battle and collecting aspect. I am getting close to being able to afford TCG pets and was wondering which ones to start with. I think ideally I would like to start with ones that are better for pet battles (pve) if any are better at that than others. Is there a generally agreed upon list of TCG pets that are good for pve? The purple puffer seems to be the only one that comes to mind.

Also, is anyone aware of any guilds on Alliance Silvermoon US that is more focussed on pet battles, or has several pet battle crazy members? I can not seem to find many on this server. Thanks all. :)

Awq
Realm:Shattered Halls-eu

Re: TCG Pet Question For PVE

Post by Awq » December 15th, 2014, 10:05 am

None of the TCG pets are amazing for PvE or PvP, at least in my opinion. They are situational at best. Choose the one that looks the nicest!

Decent ones:
Landro's Lil' XT (Lil XT is arguably better), Gregarious Grell

Okay:
Purple Puffer, Spectral Tiger Cub, Tuskarr Kite, Dragon Kite, Ethereal Soul-Trader

Blixtiya
Pet Score:10423
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Blixtiya » December 15th, 2014, 2:09 pm

while Ill admit I havent tried XT, so might be underestimating that, but the only one Ive found useful at all is grell. but honestly I feel thats a good thing, they are more for collectiong than an advantage in pvp/pve that way.

Melfice
Top Rater
Pet Score:3357
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Melfice » December 15th, 2014, 3:50 pm

Awq wrote:None of the TCG pets are amazing for PvE or PvP, at least in my opinion. They are situational at best. Choose the one that looks the nicest!

Decent ones:
Landro's Lil' XT (Lil XT is arguably better), Gregarious Grell

Okay:
Purple Puffer, Spectral Tiger Cub, Tuskarr Kite, Dragon Kite, Ethereal Soul-Trader
I have not leveled up my Spectral Tiger Cub yet, but the Purple Puffer is awesome for PvE I think. I use it for a few of the Tamers in MoP, and some in WoD too. It's a very strong pet....I need to see what comp will work for it in PvP tho!

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » December 15th, 2014, 4:46 pm

Landro's Lil XT (and yes the store version is better IMO due to breed) is the only one I use regularly. I use the Lil XT version in my Krasarang and Uldum tamer teams, and then use both Lil XT and Landro's Lil XT together in a wild pet leveling team since their Tantrum + Heartbroken abilities demolish beasts and can do it while I'm alt-tabbed doing other stuff.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » December 15th, 2014, 5:05 pm

Blixtiya wrote:while Ill admit I havent tried XT, so might be underestimating that, but the only one Ive found useful at all is grell. but honestly I feel thats a good thing, they are more for collectiong than an advantage in pvp/pve that way.
The XT's are one trick ponies, but are really good for some PvE fights. Hearth Broken + Tantrum eats up entire teams as long as XT can survive to do the full AoE (most strats make sure of that).

For Jeremy Feasel for example:
R1: Zap (just to get good timing vs debuffs)
R2: Heartbroken
R3: Tantrum

At the end of Tantrum, the first pet is dead, the 2nd is at 1k, and the 3rd is around 500k. It does a beastly amount of damage. He's not great for pvp as much though.

EDIT: also decent for levelling as you can normally destroy wild pet teams quickly.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Waldorftm
Pet Score:2826
Realm:Silvermoon-us

Post by Waldorftm » December 15th, 2014, 5:10 pm

Thanks for the tips everyone. It is kind of as I fugured with no real champion standouts. I ended up grabbing the Sand Scarab first because it was dirt cheap on the AH. A little over 5K was too good of a deal to pass up. :)