Pets you can't Stand?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Stella3
Pet Score:4018
Realm:Cenarion Circle-us
Pets you can't Stand?

Post by Stella3 » December 13th, 2014, 4:16 pm

Hi guys,

This is my first forum post so thought I would introduce myself with your 'pet' peeve or pets you just can't stand.

For me, the Stunted Yeti is the most obnoxious pet with how it flicks its toes up and down. I dont know why that bugs me so much but it does.

What about you guys?

Wakamaru
MVP
Pet Score:12165
BattleTag®:Wakamaru#1375
Realm:Bladefist-us

Re: Pets you can't Stand?

Post by Wakamaru » December 13th, 2014, 5:03 pm

Stella3 wrote:Hi guys,

This is my first forum post so thought I would introduce myself with your 'pet' peeve or pets you just can't stand.

For me, the Stunted Yeti is the most obnoxious pet with how it flicks its toes up and down. I dont know why that bugs me so much but it does.

What about you guys?
Hello and welcome :) I also dislike the Yeti toes! I use the Tranquil Mechanical Yeti in a few dailies and those wiggling toes drive me nuts.

The one that aggravates me the most though I think would be the Droplet of Y'shaarj & Gooey Sha-ling. What bothers me is that these two are some of my absolute favorites appearance-wise, but the constant whispering noise they make drives me up a wall so I can never have them out!
@TamerWakamaru

Dolz
Pet Score:6070
Realm:Trollbane-us

Post by Dolz » December 13th, 2014, 10:18 pm

Welcome. interesting topic, however I would have called it "Pet peeves". Ducks and runs for the door.

Topaz
Pet Score:4045
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Topaz » December 14th, 2014, 3:16 am

creepy crate does the most annoying sound ever! i cant stand when pets pop up and following me but creepy crate is the worst

Blixtiya
Pet Score:10423
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Blixtiya » December 14th, 2014, 7:32 am

while I wouldve said pierre (I hate and love that piece of scrap) before the last halloween event, I have since gotten creepy crate, and thats one I truly cant stand the sounds of.

Fythra
Pet Score:12907
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Fythra » December 14th, 2014, 9:08 am

Those pets don't bother me too much unless I'm around them too long. Now as for the pets that I can't stand?

Roaches....roaches...roaches...

Oh, did I mention roaches?

Morthya
Pet Score:5514
Realm:Hellscream-eu

Post by Morthya » December 14th, 2014, 2:37 pm

Perky pug. Seriously, I hate pugs, and this pet just drives me mad. A dog should look like a dog :)

I'm not keen on the molten corgi either - the way it drags it's back-end across the ground and then sniffs it? Urgh!

Thandarian
Pet Score:3723
Realm:Trollbane-us

Post by Thandarian » December 14th, 2014, 9:32 pm

I thought that aspect of the Corgi was hilarious. My least favorite pet is the Pandaran Water Spirit. The yelp noise it makes when it takes a hit is like nails on a chalkboard.

Jazeel
Pet Score:9583
Realm:Saurfang-us

Post by Jazeel » December 14th, 2014, 9:47 pm

i don't think anyone mentioned roaches properly, I hate them with a passion bordering on manic. If it wasn't for my pet score rating i would have none, nada, zip, nil or less. I despise their waving antennae, their scurrying movement and there embrace of disease and decay.

Faerdin
Top Rater
Pet Score:2930
BattleTag®:Shamtastic#1585
Realm:Medivh-us

Post by Faerdin » December 15th, 2014, 1:44 am

Fighting any pet that has Decoy or Bubble gets me going. Especially the Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling. It really didn't need that Thunderbolt buff, and the pets that can counter Decoy (Macabre Marionette and Baby Ape come to mind) just aren't spectacular or don't have any synergy with the teams I like to use.

In terms of more aesthetic qualities, I don't like a lot of the pets that stand on two legs. If you mount up and run around while they're out, their run cycle gets sped up so much when they match your speed that it looks like their legs are flailing independently of their bodies. Or maybe their skeletons are trying to tear themselves out.

One way or another, it's good for a chuckle, but there's a reason I don't keep pets like the Anubisath Idol out very often.

Echinacea
Pet Score:10214
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Echinacea » December 15th, 2014, 9:40 am

Topaz wrote:creepy crate does the most annoying sound ever! i cant stand when pets pop up and following me but creepy crate is the worst
i was gonna say that....its way too loud

Echinacea
Pet Score:10214
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Echinacea » December 15th, 2014, 9:42 am

i dont like "normal" pets.....a squirrle, rat, mouse, chipmunk.....i was in nagrand and couldnt find any fantastic pets....just normal old critters

Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Kendrah » December 15th, 2014, 12:20 pm

For it it's the [pet]infested bear cub[/pet]. Really Blizz. Was it necessary to put that egg sack on their backs? I swear to god that this is the only pet I've considered releasing. Honestly. I just ... can't. It's ONLY saving grace is that the egg sack doesn't show up in my pet folder. I got it to 25 and I haven't touched it since.

Merana
Pet Score:10003
Realm:Aman'Thul-eu

Post by Merana » December 15th, 2014, 1:48 pm

Argi's Keebler elf ears creep me out :|

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » December 15th, 2014, 3:47 pm

Kendrah wrote:For it it's the [pet]infested bear cub[/pet]. Really Blizz. Was it necessary to put that egg sack on their backs? I swear to god that this is the only pet I've considered releasing. Honestly. I just ... can't. It's ONLY saving grace is that the egg sack doesn't show up in my pet folder. I got it to 25 and I haven't touched it since.
Haha yea, this pet is really kinda gross-looking. I named mine Unbearable because of it. ;)

For me, while I don't like all my pets equally, I don't think there are any that I actually can't stand. My least-liked are probably the boring ones like beetles or roaches but that is mostly because of the uninspiring moveset. I actually think the roach model is quite good, with the waving antennae and the way it flies after your character. :)

Stella3
Pet Score:4018
Realm:Cenarion Circle-us

Post by Stella3 » December 15th, 2014, 11:32 pm

Thats funny about the roaches, I never have seen them as annoying except for how unexotic and bland they are. Yeah I don't like any of the dogs ones at all but thats because I cant stand dogs in real life. I wish I could replace my puntable marmot toy with the corgi and ghostwolf and other gross canines lol.

Darolyn
Pet Score:5488
BattleTag®:Thaliana#1794
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Post by Darolyn » December 16th, 2014, 8:55 pm

Honestly? For me it's the trumpet of the Argent Squire appearing on his pony after I forgot to summon something else in his place.
Thaliana#1794 - My WoW account has 50 toons, so I would so greatly appreciate people creating toons on Kael'Thas or Ghostlands to trade with me. <3

Tarmer
Pet Score:3448
Realm:Antonidas-us

Post by Tarmer » December 16th, 2014, 9:51 pm

I don't like the infected fawn. It dies, yet still hurls itself at the opponent while lying on its side. I can't even bring myself to play it. Urggh.