Nocturnal Strike Glitch

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Jazzism
Nocturnal Strike Glitch

Post by Jazzism » December 7th, 2012, 9:21 am

I find it frustrating using this spell. It has a high chance to miss BUT never misses when the other pet is blinded.

So I use the night time environment spell which gives a high percentage to miss and makes all pets blinded.

I figure that would trigger Nocturnal Strike BUT it STILL has a high miss chance.

Anyone else notice this and others?

Imthedci
Pet Score:2862
Realm:Gilneas-us

Re: Nocturnal Strike Glitch

Post by Imthedci » December 7th, 2012, 9:34 am

It's not a glitch. Using the Darkness weather effect causes both pets to be blinded. This means that your pet is blinded too, and that is the reason that you're missing. If only the opposing pet was blinded, the attack wouldn't miss.

Zaelo
Pet Score:5086
Realm:Vek'nilash-us

Re: Nocturnal Strike Glitch

Post by Zaelo » December 7th, 2012, 10:56 am

Imthedci wrote:It's not a glitch. Using the Darkness weather effect causes both pets to be blinded. This means that your pet is blinded too, and that is the reason that you're missing. If only the opposing pet was blinded, the attack wouldn't miss.
Really?? I would have thought that "Always hits if the target is blinded." means it always hits when the target is blinded, no matter your own statuses. Makes that ability even more useless than I thought it was.

I much prefer Reckless Strike anyway, doesn't have a high chance to miss nor does it have any cooldown. Damage is a wee bit lower, but considering you can cast 4 reckless strikes in a row while you can only cast Nocturnal Strike once in the same time span, I'd say the damage output is much better with Reckless Strike in the end.