King and Queen Floret (BAH!!)

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Amhaa
Pet Score:2947
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us
King and Queen Floret (BAH!!)

Post by Amhaa » December 9th, 2014, 5:38 pm

Anyone have a solid strat for these two? Their moves are random and I get torn back with [ability]Fist of Forest[/ability] !

Help!!

Kel
Pet Score:4788
BattleTag®:TerribleTim#1747
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Re: King and Queen Floret (BAH!!)

Post by Kel » December 9th, 2014, 5:42 pm

Last time I faced this one I used the strat I found on WoWhead -
Roesia wrote:This fight is a completely RNG-based fight. You either get lucky or you don't. I tried tons of combinations until I found this one and even then, I died twice before this combo worked. Expect to die a few times.

L25 Rare H/B Dancing Water Skimmer - Water Jet, Cleansing Rain, Pump
L25 Rare H/H Emperor Crab - Surge, <doesn't matter>, Whirlpool
L25 Rare S/B Eternal Strider - Water Jet, Cleansing Rain, Pump

1) Cast Cleansing Rain, immediately switch to Crab
2) Cast Whirlpool, then Surge, Crab dies
3) Water Skimmer's next, Pump, Pump, Water Jet, die
4) Now Eternal Strider, Pump 4x, maybe a Water Jet, win
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington
http://www.haywire-racing.com

Amhaa
Pet Score:2947
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Amhaa » December 9th, 2014, 6:00 pm

I just finially got them. I used:

[pet]Unborn Val'kyr[/pet] (2,2,2)
[pet]Pandaren Water Spirit[/pet] (1,2,2)
[pet]Legs[/pet] (2,1,2)

I hit Doom, then Shadow Shocked him until he killed the Valk, on rez I hit Unholy Ascension.
Choose PWS then Geyser, Whirlpool and Water Jet (Hope he switches but I was still on the first guy when the Geyser/Pool hit)
Once PWS dies I hit Whirlpool and pumped to kill the Queen.

They are completely random with their moves so this won't work every time, thank god it did this time though! haha

Rannegirl
MVP
Pet Score:5363
BattleTag®:RaiRai#1483
Realm:Kirin Tor-us

Post by Rannegirl » December 9th, 2014, 6:04 pm

Kel wrote:Last time I faced this one I used the strat I found on WoWhead -
Roesia wrote:This fight is a completely RNG-based fight. You either get lucky or you don't. I tried tons of combinations until I found this one and even then, I died twice before this combo worked. Expect to die a few times.

L25 Rare H/B Dancing Water Skimmer - Water Jet, Cleansing Rain, Pump
L25 Rare H/H Emperor Crab - Surge, <doesn't matter>, Whirlpool
L25 Rare S/B Eternal Strider - Water Jet, Cleansing Rain, Pump

1) Cast Cleansing Rain, immediately switch to Crab
2) Cast Whirlpool, then Surge, Crab dies
3) Water Skimmer's next, Pump, Pump, Water Jet, die
4) Now Eternal Strider, Pump 4x, maybe a Water Jet, win
I saw the strat El Fuego suggested with the calf which I don't have. So I tried this one. Awesome! Totally worked for me. =D

Khorah
Pet Score:11506
BattleTag®:Khorah#1833
Realm:Medivh-us

Post by Khorah » December 9th, 2014, 6:50 pm

yeah.. those guys sucked.. :oops:
I used a strat from Lio that I found on youtube ([url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxQGk3jZ_jc]LINK[/url])
Worked well for me.. pretty textbook from her video..

good luck ;)

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » December 9th, 2014, 8:14 pm

Team I used: [pet]Ruby Droplet[/pet] (H/S 1,2,2), [pet]Spawn of G'nathus[/pet] (1,1,1), and [pet]Swamp Croaker[/pet] (B/B 1,1,2).

(I'm not sure if this set up is as manageable with any other breed of Ruby Droplet.)

Started with the droplet, used [ability]Bubble[/ability]. This resulted in one of two things:
1. First Floret uses [ability]Righteous Inspiration[/ability] on the second turn, Bubble will block the incoming [ability]Fist of the Forest [/ability]of the Floret swapping in.
or
2. First Floret doesn't use Righteous Inspiration while Bubble is up, the droplet will likely die to the first Floret swap.

I found that the majority of the time, situation #1 occurred and it was a fairly easy win. But in the event that #2 happened, it was much harder to win the battle.

With good RNG (situation #1), Acid Touch as much as possible and Drain Blood when droplet is 50%-70% HP. Bubble on CD helps too, especially if FotF comes off of cooldown. Most of the time G'nathus was able to cleanly finish up the fight and I didn't even need to use the Swamp Croaker.

Some things to keep in mind:
- The Florets ALWAYS use FotF as their first move (if it's not on CD) when they step onto the battlefield.
- All other abilities appear random, but I found that the first Floret used RI as the second attack more often than not.
- Magic pets are useful, as are pets with avoidance/block/shield moves. Basically anything to prevent that RI+FotF damage.

The [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10079&p=88074#p88074]write up[/url] I did of this fight during WoD beta might still prove useful, since I don't think this fight has changed since the testing phase. Hope this helps :)
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Gingersnapp83
Top Rater
Pet Score:4773
Realm:Bronzebeard-us

Post by Gingersnapp83 » December 9th, 2014, 10:54 pm

@ Quintessence

Thanks Soooooo Much for sharing your team! I was pulling my hair with King and Queen Floret! I did have to use my Froggie to wipe them up but it worked! <Hugs>

Katherinne
Pet Score:3451
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Katherinne » December 9th, 2014, 11:31 pm

After one death the Valk, PWS and Legs worked for me. It wasn't pretty but we had 30 health left.
Thanks for the strat!

Lowbrowdeluxe
Pet Score:5394
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Lowbrowdeluxe » December 10th, 2014, 2:20 am

Pandaren Water Spirit Geyser-Whirlpool
die if 1 round of health left, or switch to eternal water skimmer-cleansing rain-pump-pump-whoever was up is dead. Attempt pump-pump again, should get it off and die same round, bring in something high power with Surge and just hit surge till the other Floret is dead. I haven't had it actually lose yet, but it gets a bit hairy sometimes.

Abashera
Pet Score:3114
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Abashera » December 10th, 2014, 2:35 am

RABBITS!

They hardly ever get hit.

Helbrecht
Pet Score:4274
Realm:Eldre'Thalas-us

Post by Helbrecht » December 10th, 2014, 2:38 am

Both times I've beaten them with something like Tiny White Carp, Jademist Dancer, Legs. Just spam hard-hitting aquatic moves and let Legs soak an RI-buffed attack. I've only done them the two times, but they were both one-shots.

Aerozia
Pet Score:8990
BattleTag®:Aerozia#1505
Realm:Skullcrusher-us

Post by Aerozia » December 10th, 2014, 5:40 am

Unborn valley, stitched pup, spawn of gnathus.

Doom, haunt, switch to pup, howl, bite until dead, go to Gnathus if haunt is still active, if not use Valk till dead, then go to spawn, dive, swallow, ect, until you win.

Annieb
Pet Score:13861
Realm:Arathor-eu

Post by Annieb » December 10th, 2014, 7:49 am

Believe it or not, I've been using a 2 pet strat for them and leveling up other (even lvl 1) pets!

It's definitely a finesse fight though, and quite fiddly, but seemingly immune to RNG.

The point is to AVOID getting hit by those fists, every time. The other point is that you'll be making use of the fact that Biggles is an undead and gets that extra turn of invulnerability.

I used:
Mr. Bigglesworth 2-1-1
Pandaren Water Spirit 1-2-1
Anything (yes, even lvl 1) in slot 3
Strategy: Start with Bigglesworth, immediately throw up an ice barrier, queen floret will charge

Turn 2 pass, it'll do the swap to king floret with bonus speed/damage. (If she punches instead of swaps, forfeit and try again)

Turn 3 cast ice tomb (remember king floret is faster, so it will go first and break the second hit on barrier). Pounce until ice tomb lands, stunning King Floret. They will then swap back to Queen Floret, and Ice Barrier should be up again. Use Ice barrier a second time to block the second Fist of the Forest. Pass one more time to absorb another punch. Ice Tomb and continue pouncing until Mr. Bigglesworth dies, at which point Queen Floret should be active and stunned from Ice tomb.

Pick Water spirit as your new active pet. Whirlpool, they will switch to King floret, so you then Dive to avoid another Fist of the Forest. Water Jet to kill King Floret, then whirlpool again, and water jet until your Water Spirit dies.

If all goes according to plan, you'll have one turn with your level 1 pet out, but Queen Floret will do the inspiration move and not do any damage, and should die from the Whirlpool damage.
Strat lifted wholesale from [url=http://www.wowhead.com/npc=85661#comments]Here[/url]. This is NOT my theorycraft, it's from Flummoxed. I haven't kept track, but i've not seen any RNG weirdness.

The biggest points are
1)if Floret attacks on round 2, just forfeit and start again because you're screwed.
2)do NOT FORGET to 'Pass' the turn after you put up your ice barrier so they're wasting 2 of their attacks and you don't waste yours.

Ssparkles
Pet Score:10167
Realm:Barthilas-us

Post by Ssparkles » December 10th, 2014, 8:14 am

I found this strat on wow head and it's worked for me.

Sen'jin Fetish- Shadow Slash, Wild Magic, Rot
Infected Squirrel- Stampede, Rabid Strike, Not used
Sumprush Rodent- Tail Slap (nothing else needed)

Queen Floret Starts
Sen'jin Fetish. Wild Magic, Shadow Slash, Shadow Slash. On Round 3 she should swap to King Floret.
Cast Rot and then use Wild Magic till your Fetish is dead.

Bring in Infected Squirrel. Use Stampede to finish off the King.
Queen comes back in. Use Rabid Strike and then Stampede till Squirrel is dead.

Time for Sumprush Rodent. Should only need 1 or 2 Tail Slap to finish off the Queen.

Iibis
Pet Score:4297
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Iibis » December 10th, 2014, 9:54 am

Annieb wrote:Strat lifted wholesale from [url=http://www.wowhead.com/npc=85661#comments]Here[/url]. This is NOT my theorycraft, it's from Flummoxed. I haven't kept track, but i've not seen any RNG weirdness.
It sort of works, mostly not as described. It's much upvoted in the wowhead comments as well, that they do an extra switch that's not described, and Queen will die before King. Leveling pet would take a hit in most of my tries that went that far, but you can win if your leveling pet can survive one hit (865 dmg from Punch). That happened 2 times for me. The next 9 tries I had to forfeit because Queen did Punch instead of Righteous Inspiration. Try #12 was another early swap and my pet died. Try #13 was the first time it went "according to plan".

Annieb
Pet Score:13861
Realm:Arathor-eu

Post by Annieb » December 10th, 2014, 10:31 am

Iibis wrote:
Annieb wrote:Strat lifted wholesale from [url=http://www.wowhead.com/npc=85661#comments]Here[/url]. This is NOT my theorycraft, it's from Flummoxed. I haven't kept track, but i've not seen any RNG weirdness.
It sort of works, mostly not as described. It's much upvoted in the wowhead comments as well, that they do an extra switch that's not described, and Queen will die before King. Leveling pet would take a hit in most of my tries that went that far, but you can win if your leveling pet can survive one hit (865 dmg from Punch). That happened 2 times for me. The next 9 tries I had to forfeit because Queen did Punch instead of Righteous Inspiration. Try #12 was another early swap and my pet died. Try #13 was the first time it went "according to plan".
That's really strange. I've noticed a LOT of variation when they switch up and when they do RI, and as long as Queen switches with King on round 2, I've never lost. Not once. Occasionally if the last-plant-standing doesn't look like it's going to one-shot my pandaren water spirit and the whirlpool's hanging over it with 1 turn cooldown, I have had to switch out to my leveling pet for the very last turn (only so s/he gets XP), but even so I've never lost.

In other words, rarely (but sometimes) you'll survive the fight with 2 pets living (pandaren water spirit + 3rd slot pet) and Biggles dead((er) than usual :))

PS Edited to add. It can't be a spec/breed thing either, because Biggles and PWS only have 1 breed. /scratch head.

One other point is... when the first ice tomb goes off, and they're switching out... there's 1 'extra' turn where you have to pounce before the cooldown is off on ice barrier. (and then you cast ice barrier and then pass, so ice tomb is off CD)... Could that be where it's getting lost in translation?

Iibis

Post by Iibis » December 10th, 2014, 11:06 am

Annieb wrote:
Iibis wrote:
Annieb wrote:That's really strange. I've noticed a LOT of variation when they switch up and when they do RI, and as long as Queen switches with King on round 2, I've never lost. Not once. Occasionally if the last-plant-standing doesn't look like it's going to one-shot my pandaren water spirit and the whirlpool's hanging over it with 1 turn cooldown, I have had to switch out to my leveling pet for the very last turn, but even so I've never lost.

In other words, rarely (but sometimes) you'll survive the fight with 2 pets living (pandaren water spirit + 3rd slot pet) and Biggles dead((er) than usual :))

PS Edited to add. It can't be a spec/breed thing either, because Biggles and PWS only have 1 breed. /scratch head.

One other point is... when the first ice tomb goes off, and they're switching out... there's 1 'extra' turn where you have to pounce before the cooldown is off on ice barrier. (and then you cast ice barrier and then pass, so ice tomb is off CD)... Could that be where it's getting lost in translation?
The switches not going as originally described isn't a loss as I said, and I haven't really lost with that either, it's just that the carry pet may (or may not) take damage - could be any ability really and buffed with RI, depending on at what point the PWS dies or if it doesn't die. I can't see any other variance other than that there are at least two different rounds where they can use Righteous Inspiration against what the 'guide' thinks. Also a couple of times crits ruined it for me.

I'm not sure how the turns before / around the 2nd ice barrier could go any differently, as if you're not doing it right, you'll get hit by Fist of the Forest or you'll destroy your own barrier.

I'd say 95% of the time King Floret gets stunned by the first Ice Tomb, not Queen. Here's one version I need to write down to myself so hopefully helps others and maybe something can be done better in the end?:

1. Ice barrier, Queen Floret will charge.
2. Pass, Queen will swap to King Floret - If she punches, restart.
3. Ice Tomb
4. Pounce
5. Pounce (Ice Tomb lands, stunning King Floret)
6. Pounce (hits Queen Floret)
7. Ice Barrier
8. Pass
9. Ice Tomb
8. Pounce (Mr. Bigglesworth dies 1st time)
9. Pounce (undead round) - Queen Floret switches to King Floret who will get stunned and will switch to Queen again on the next turn

Pandaren Water Spirit vs. Queen Floret
1. Whirlpool (no damage on this turn, as they switch)
2. Dive to avoid Fist of the Forest (RI is on CD because Queen used it previously)
3. Water Jet

Now my PWS has 466 hp and Club can do 433 damage, and I need another Water Jet to kill Queen. I can probably survive that one hit so
4. Whirlpool
5. Water Jet

King Floret has 656 hp left and all his abilities available. I'm not sure if he prioritizes Fist of the Forest above RI?
1. Water Jet - he kills my PWS with Fist of the Forest
2. Carry pet gets xp as Whirlpool hits.

PWS has ~30 hp against King Floret so if it dies early, carry pet might need to wait for 1 extra round for the Whirlpool to hit, and thus take a hit.

Elfuego
Pet Score:3958
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Elfuego » December 10th, 2014, 11:29 am

Wrote a strategy on it when we last saw it. Heres the strategy and video links

The King and Queen Floret Strategy : http://www.wowpetbattle.com/king.html
The King and Queen Floret Video: http://youtu.be/mXtZE-funj4

Essentially Its Striders and the new pet [pet]Mudback Calf[/pet]. However, Syd the Squid does very well also here!

Hope it helps,
[profile]Elfuego[/profile]
www.wowpetbattle.com
GET OWNED!!

Iibis

Post by Iibis » December 10th, 2014, 6:53 pm

Eh so I went a little crazy and tried to figure it all out on Excel. http://i.imgur.com/BqRqx6t.png

It's mostly successful, but then there are those few occasions when your pet dies early or something like that, which is a loss if your carry pet can't survive and make some damage on top of Whirlpool. I did level my Trunks from 1 to 17 before that happened. I'm 100% sure all the RNG options aren't even covered by my attempts. I wasn't always keeping track of enemy hp.

Oh and now that I finally again got the version that was first posted on Wowhead (and now here), my PWS died too early and my Trunks had to finish her off.