Pet experience from Garrison Battles

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Moonie1
Top Rater
Pet Score:3510
BattleTag®:Moondoggie#1666
Realm:Lothar-us
Pet experience from Garrison Battles

Post by Moonie1 » December 8th, 2014, 7:34 am

Hello, just wanted to check in and see if anyone else is experiencing the same reduction in awarded pet experience for a win against the Garrison pet battle. Yesterday I was getting around 2000+ pet experience for winning. Today I am getting 200-300. Is the experience drastically reduced due to only being one pet to defeat? I coulda swore I got the 2k+ from beating Stitches Jr. who is by itself. Hope Blizzard didnt stealth nerf it.

Rakrath
Pet Score:8562
Realm:Blackrock-eu

Re: Pet experience from Garrison Battles

Post by Rakrath » December 8th, 2014, 8:08 am

Hi,

yeah it was definitly around 2k pet exp yesterday and earlier. Didnt played today yet.

Rakrath

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » December 8th, 2014, 8:39 am

Every menagerie battle is different in terms of possible experience gains. Also, the level of the carry pet makes a difference as well.

Some quick menagerie experience rules I have found:
1. If you click on the post or a tamer (squirt for example), the battle gives 3.0x more EXP. Single pets that you click on directly do not have this bonus (Beakinator, Quintessence, Eleanor, etc.), so they will give 3.0x less exp.
2. Number of pets, just like in every other pet battle, affects the amount of points: 1x for 1 enemy, 2x for 2 enemies, and 2.5x for 3 enemies
3. If you want details on why, check my guide out, however either way: level of pets affects EXP gains as well. A level 10 or 11 pet will net way more EXP than any other levels. A level 24 pet gains the least.

Practical example:
If Stitches Jr. was a "post" activated battle, he'll get the 3x bonus while the Beakinator, who is not activated by the post, will not. Both are single pet battles, so the get 1x multi pet bonus.

I'm working on getting the menagerie data into my guide but atm you can only do each menagerie battle on a single day so if I am busy with RL that day, I don't get to data collection. I'll eventually have all this listed out with charts.

TLDR: Nothing out of the ordinary aside from the post being considered a tamer and there not being a post today.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Moonie1
Top Rater
Pet Score:3510
BattleTag®:Moondoggie#1666
Realm:Lothar-us

Post by Moonie1 » December 8th, 2014, 9:19 am

Thanks for the replies. Hopefully it is as you say Jere. I also was compiling a list of how to plvl and fast kill each one for my site that my friends and family use, and was thinking I just wasted almost a months time if it was nerfed. :p

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » December 8th, 2014, 5:39 pm

If it makes you feel any better, I've been taking data these last few weeks and so far nothing has been out of the ordinary. That includes up to this morning. All experience values have made algorithmic sense so far. I'll do a few more test runs tonight, but unless there was an update while I was at work it should work the same.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829