Leveling from 1 in Draenor?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Knotrandall
Pet Score:4912
Realm:Maelstrom-us
Leveling from 1 in Draenor?

Post by Knotrandall » December 4th, 2014, 12:40 am

Anyone find any good mobs in Draenor that would be relatively safe to level fresh 1s on? I know in Pandaria the crickets in the Valley most of the time started off with a heal or the weak web wrap so they were perfect.

The best that I've found so far are the Golden Dawnfeathers in Arak but they don't seem to spawn in large numbers, seems like I spend a lot of time running around.

Demiano
Pet Score:13688
BattleTag®:daemono#1210
Realm:Garithos-us

Re: Leveling from 1 in Draenor?

Post by Demiano » December 4th, 2014, 4:49 am

I level (level 1's) on the pet dailies, first battle gets them to lv 11

Rendigar
MVP
Pet Score:10321
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Rendigar » December 4th, 2014, 8:09 am

That's not what the OP asked - pretty sure the idea is to be in Draenor and not go back to Pandaria. Plus while it's "easy" to jump from 1 to 11 in 1 fight, it's actually more time efficient to get pets to 10 or 11 BEFORE fighting the Pandaria tamers (which takes about 4 fights per pet).

What I've found works best is take a fast(ish) creature with a stun (like a bear or basilisk) and start with that against the beasts in FFR. Open with a stun, swap in the level 1, swap in your sweeper (I use the feline familiar) and clean house. I almost never need to heal since the bear and the level 1 never take damage and the familiar heals itself with devour (and onyx bite destroys any flyers). Just remember to keep stoneskin up and your familiar shouldn't have any issues at all.

Edit: Specifically where I've done this is on the west side of the Cracking Plains in the middle of FFR, but there are several spots with large clusters of battle pets you can choose from.

Averalorax
Pet Score:5954
Realm:Drenden-us

Post by Averalorax » December 4th, 2014, 11:12 am

I;m not sure i you were asking about the whole team being level 1 or not. I have leveled a few pets from level 2 to 20 by battling in Frostfire Ridge with my leveling pet out for just a round or two (or longer as leveled) and then switching to my Feline Familiar (lvl 25) to finish the battle. I also have a Wanderer's Festival Hatchling (lvl 25) as the 3rd pet, but seldom needed to pull him up. It wasn't working as well in the other zones.

Note: I forgot to mention that in Frostfire, it was mostly nearish to my garrison

Killerkarl
Pet Score:13815
Realm:Sen'jin-us

Post by Killerkarl » December 4th, 2014, 11:38 am

I do it up in Frostfire Ridge as I grind towards 2000 for the monument. Start with Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling and cast Decoy, bring in the level one and then switch to something else. They cannot get hit by anything with Decoy up.

I switch to Landro's Lil' XT and Heartbroken + Tympanic Tatantrum to wreck the 3 opponents.

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » December 4th, 2014, 11:50 am

In FFR the secondary pets frequently include roach and such and they can have two of the three moves be things that don't deal damage with Apocalypse and survival. Not a sure thing but I've done a couple level 1's that way.

Luminescence
Pet Score:13656
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Luminescence » December 4th, 2014, 2:44 pm

Killerkarl wrote:I do it up in Frostfire Ridge as I grind towards 2000 for the monument. Start with Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling and cast Decoy, bring in the level one and then switch to something else. They cannot get hit by anything with Decoy up.

I switch to Landro's Lil' XT and Heartbroken + Tympanic Tatantrum to wreck the 3 opponents.
This has made low level pet leveling a breeze, thanks!

Knotrandall
Pet Score:4912
Realm:Maelstrom-us

Post by Knotrandall » December 4th, 2014, 4:51 pm

Thanks a lot for the replies. I guess alliance got the shaft so far this expansion concerning pets. I'll have to make my way over there sometime, at least to get my lowbies into the double digits so I can level elsewhere.

Killerkarl
Pet Score:13815
Realm:Sen'jin-us

Post by Killerkarl » December 5th, 2014, 8:37 am

Knotrandall wrote:Thanks a lot for the replies. I guess alliance got the shaft so far this expansion concerning pets. I'll have to make my way over there sometime, at least to get my lowbies into the double digits so I can level elsewhere.
There is a flight path up in the north right by the area where all of the spawns are so once you get it the return trips there aren't bad.

Helbrecht
Pet Score:4274
Realm:Eldre'Thalas-us

Post by Helbrecht » December 5th, 2014, 1:13 pm

There are lots of crabs on the shore just north of Karabor; that's a good spot for Alliance grinding. There are also the Draenor trainers, one in each zone. Most of them are easy and you can carry a level 1; Ashlei in Shadowmoon in particular is good for that. For getting lots of pets to level 5, though, wild battles with a stun or decoy pet + Lil' XT is probably fastest.

Slog
MVP
Pet Score:3322
BattleTag®:Bray#1583
Realm:Kilrogg-us

Post by Slog » December 10th, 2014, 12:26 pm

Mr. Bigglesworth also works for this. His Ice Barrier will protect the level 1 pet for the turn that it's on the field.

Rakrath
Pet Score:8562
Realm:Blackrock-eu

Post by Rakrath » December 10th, 2014, 1:40 pm

Hi,

thank you all, nice info here.

Rakrath

Jesjbrown
MVP
Pet Score:4219
Realm:Garona-us

Post by Jesjbrown » December 10th, 2014, 5:44 pm

For Alliance the pet daily against Ashlei in Shadow moon works well for this. Her second pet is an Elekk Plushie and does no damage so you can swap in a level 1 pet and get it to level 10 in one fight. Problem is you can only do this once a day, but it's super helpful.