Draenic Pet Battler achievement nerfed

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Demiano
Pet Score:13688
BattleTag®:daemono#1210
Realm:Garithos-us
Re: Draenic Pet Battler achievement nerfed

Post by Demiano » December 3rd, 2014, 2:58 am

wow so super dissapointed they couldnt even make an animation for building a new menagerie lol?

Kobble
Top Rater
Pet Score:12721
Realm:Emerald Dream-us

Post by Kobble » December 3rd, 2014, 3:00 am

Very nice! I was only around 300ish, so this is a pleasant surprise. Still aiming for the eventual two-thousand, though!

...Also, I wish I had realized this change had happened before I did my level 2 menagerie daily today, haha.

Demiano
Pet Score:13688
BattleTag®:daemono#1210
Realm:Garithos-us

Post by Demiano » December 3rd, 2014, 4:01 am

Weebomination! :D

Ridai
Pet Score:8932
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by Ridai » December 3rd, 2014, 4:06 am

I spent some time yesterday, doing pet battles on my alt in order to get the achi and level up the alt at the same time (I was very proud of myself when I got the idea). All in all I got to 331/500 and just got very excited with the news.
Description of the achievement in the game still says 500 pet battles but I now have this achi completed, bought my plans and the Menagerie is currently on it's way to level 3. Yay! :D

Rendigar
MVP
Pet Score:10321
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Rendigar » December 3rd, 2014, 7:47 am

Monekop wrote:I have to ask why people are struggling. In Frostfire Ridge there are spots with 15-20 beasts, critters and flyers up any any one time... One of them is where you train your Icehoof and is right next to a flight point.

Mech, Magic, Beast team will essentially end the fight in 7-8 rounds.

I did my 500 battles in very little time, well on my way to 2000 now.
It's not really a case of "struggling" as much as it is of suffering from abysmal boredom grinding this out. Even if you can do a pet battle in 2 minutes (assuming constant respawns, which you get in FFR) that's 1000 minutes (16+ hours). And if you're doing a fight in 7-8 rounds that's at least what it's taking you (just the battle setup, battle closing, and animation time eats up on average of more than 15 seconds per round).

I fished up the 700 fish I needed in probably around 5-6 hours (had to think about it, I did do it over more than 1 day). I mined all the stone needed for the mine in less active time than that (granted I had many toons, but 500 stone when you get 1-2 per node and have 8+ nodes per mine doesn't take long at all) plus my miner picked some up naturally I think. The herb garden wasn't a grind for the same reason - it took me longer to get than the mine but that's because I only had 2 herb gardens and wasn't really paying attention to it. But the time spent getting the seeds was small.

I posted in another thread that I think they made this change to bring this unlock in line with the time it takes for the other 3 tertiary buildings, and I really do think that's it. The monument being at 2000 is the real achievement and I hope they do nothing to diminish that one - it's something only the serious pet battler will ever get.

Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Kendrah » December 3rd, 2014, 8:24 am

Oh really? i thought this was a bug or something. Still, I got the plans for rank 3 and leveled that up just in case it disappeared. :lol: And now I'm the proud Mama of [pet]Puddle Terror[/pet]! Darn those puddles! You never know how deep they are until you jump in, right?

Lolfixheal
Pet Score:11928
Realm:Bronze Dragonflight-eu

Post by Lolfixheal » December 3rd, 2014, 3:39 pm

Was about time they realized that. Copy/paste mistake from stone/seed achievement made the pet battles one 500 aswell. Issue is, 500 battles does take a lil while longer.. cough.

Now people can get it within reasonable time. Say 50 wild pet battles for catching all rares. Remaining 100/6 tamers = 16,667 days, lets say 2 weeks. Just doing is casual/daily basis. Seems in check with remaining buildings. Now that stupid carrot for 1000 seeds, and nothing for the mine... imbalance.

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » December 3rd, 2014, 4:16 pm

Lolfixheal wrote:Was about time they realized that. Copy/paste mistake from stone/seed achievement made the pet battles one 500 aswell. Issue is, 500 battles does take a lil while longer.. cough.

Now people can get it within reasonable time. Say 50 wild pet battles for catching all rares. Remaining 100/6 tamers = 16,667 days, lets say 2 weeks. Just doing is casual/daily basis. Seems in check with remaining buildings. Now that stupid carrot for 1000 seeds, and nothing for the mine... imbalance.
It's going to take more than 50 wild battles to get all rares unless you use a lot of stones. There are 26 new wild pets in WoD so that would be a rare pet every other battle and rare pets are no where near that common. I did ~60 battles to get three rares last night.

Kel
Pet Score:4788
BattleTag®:TerribleTim#1747
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Kel » December 3rd, 2014, 4:26 pm

Lolfixheal wrote:. . . Now that stupid carrot for 1000 seeds, and nothing for the mine... imbalance.
Yea, the 1000 seeds for the Carrot is killing me. I think I'm about 1/4 the way there now. :cry:

As for the mine, there is the [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/wow-pets/humanoid/miscellaneous/ore-eater/]Ore Eater[/url]. I have yet to see him drop, but I keep hoping. You'd think with a lvl3 mine on one toon and a lvl1 on another that would be enough ore each day to eventually see one. But not yet. :roll:
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington
http://www.haywire-racing.com

Rendigar
MVP
Pet Score:10321
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Rendigar » December 3rd, 2014, 11:02 pm

Kel wrote:
Lolfixheal wrote:As for the mine, there is the [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/wow-pets/humanoid/miscellaneous/ore-eater/]Ore Eater[/url]. I have yet to see him drop, but I keep hoping. You'd think with a lvl3 mine on one toon and a lvl1 on another that would be enough ore each day to eventually see one. But not yet. :roll:
Not to dishearten you, but I have 1 lvl 3, 2 lvl 2, and 4 lvl 1 mines and I have not seen one yet - and I've had as many as 4 mining-node-reaction spawns in 1 mine in 1 day, too. I only have 2 lvl 3 and 1 lvl 2 herb garden, still not seen that one drop either.