help with 3 battles - antari, carrot, gorefu

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Scottv
Pet Score:1423
Realm:Anvilmar-us
help with 3 battles - antari, carrot, gorefu

Post by Scottv » November 30th, 2014, 7:45 pm

These are my 25 rares - core hound pup, dragonbone hatchling, strand crab
other rares:
23 tolai hare
22 plains monitor
20 arctic hare

I have attempted about 20 times each and lost every time - any ideas?

thanks!

Hootstwo
Top Rater
Pet Score:4328
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: help with 3 battles - antari, carrot, gorefu

Post by Hootstwo » November 30th, 2014, 10:20 pm

Me thinks you need to level some more pets...

Elfuego
Pet Score:3958
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Elfuego » November 30th, 2014, 11:04 pm

Hootstwo wrote:Me thinks you need to level some more pets...
I definitely have to agree with Hoots here mate. In particlar for the three garrison pets. I did Maximus with 2 [pet]Mirror Strider[/pet], Gorefu with 2 [pet]Crow[/pet] and a [pet]Gilnean Raven[/pet], and [pet]Gnawface [/pet]with 2 [pet]Kun-lai Runt[/pet]. Fairly simple but still required the pets to do so. If you need to power level pets, you can check these two videos out to guide you.

Power leveling pets in MOP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ycGnWyngao
Power leveling pets in WOD: http://youtu.be/LfhLLFJZ8xA
Heres the guide to leveling fast in general :http://www.wowpetbattle.com/speedleveling.html

Hope it helps,
[profile]Elfuego[/profile]
http://www.wowpetbattle.com
GET OWNED!!

Kring
Pet Score:6755
BattleTag®:scrufola#2941
Realm:Kargath-eu

Post by Kring » December 2nd, 2014, 9:35 am

I would recommend getting an [pet]Anubisath Idol[/pet], either through the AH or from AQ40. Either buy it as level 25 on the AH or buy the leveling service for this pet. It should be possible to find someone on your realm who levels the pet for you for a fee, I guess it's aroung 500 - 1000g.

Then grab yourself an [pet]Emerald Proto-Whelp[/pet] in P/P breed. Take the first P/P that's available and if you can't find a blue one, use a Polished Battle Stone on it to make it green. You were able to buy these stones with Justice Points which means they should be buyable with gold now, but wowhead doesnit say where. You have to level your welp to 25 yourself but they are already 20ish when you cage them.

After that you can use this guide to quickly level more pets. But those 2 might already be able to beat the 3 pets you mentioned.

Scottv

Post by Scottv » December 2nd, 2014, 11:24 am

Thanks for the tips. How do I go about finding a leveling helper? Is it just battling someone while they lose?

Kring
Pet Score:6755
BattleTag®:scrufola#2941
Realm:Kargath-eu

Post by Kring » December 2nd, 2014, 12:08 pm

Scottv wrote:Thanks for the tips. How do I go about finding a leveling helper? Is it just battling someone while they lose?
There are people in the battle.net forum or in /trade offering to level a pet for a fee. The pet must be cageable. (I can't level it for you as I'm on a European realm.)

I was under the impression that you don't like pet battles and would just like to unlock your Menagerie, thus this would be the fastest option. Already having a pet at 25 allows you to learn caged level 25 pets, thus you can buy an already leveled one.

If you don't mind you can level your Idol yourself. Your [pet]Dragonbone Hatchling[/pet], being a flyer, is strong against aquatics. You can find [pet]Moonshell Crab[/pet]s at the shore in Shadow Moon Valley which are level 25. You should be able to start your battle with your Idol, attack once then switch to your flyer. Aquatics often use their first turn to cast a shield or heal and your idol will therefore get no damage. I don't know if there's a stable master nearby to heal your pets, otherwise you find aquatics in front of the shrine in Pandaria and shrine has a stable master next to the flight master.

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » December 2nd, 2014, 12:31 pm

Scottv wrote:Thanks for the tips. How do I go about finding a leveling helper? Is it just battling someone while they lose?
There are two ways to do it.

1) You trade them the pet. They level it and give it back in a couple days. This takes a bit of trust obviously.

2) You trade them your level 1 pet + some form of payment for an already leveled version of the same pet. Much like buying a lvl 25 pet on the AH.

If you check the US or EU trade forums on the site here you might be able to find someone to do the leveling for you if you don't want to do it yourself.

Scottv

Post by Scottv » December 2nd, 2014, 12:48 pm

Well I am actually liking it a lot this expansion. I will level the idol first and then try to get a p/p emerald. Is there a way u can tell what type a pet is pre-combat?

Thanks!

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » December 2nd, 2014, 1:07 pm

Install something like
http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/battle_pet_breedid
and you can tell the breed as soon as you start the fight. As I recall there aren't a huge amount of spawn spots for the emerald proto-whelp so getting a rare p/p in the wild could be hard. I used a rare P/S for quite a while and it still worked well. Even a P/B breed wouldn't be horrible and should probably work. The move set is really the key.

Scottv

Post by Scottv » December 2nd, 2014, 2:33 pm

Thanks again for all your help!