Safe Places to Level/Battle for Lowbies in WoD

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Labyrinthe
MVP
Safe Places to Level/Battle for Lowbies in WoD

Post by Labyrinthe » November 30th, 2014, 2:04 am

Just wondering if anyone has happened across some locations in Draenor that might be safe for lowbies to level via pet battling. I know in Vale in MoP there were a few locations you could bring a lowbie aggro magnet to battle where it was safe to level via pet battles without attracting too much attention from hostile mobs. Has anyone found any good locations in Draenor? I have a feeling Vale would still work but at this point I'd love a change in scenery. Thanks in advance!

Helly
Top Rater
Pet Score:4926
Realm:Defias Brotherhood-eu

Re: Safe Places to Level/Battle for Lowbies in WoD

Post by Helly » December 3rd, 2014, 12:18 pm

I've found that the area immediately outside the garrison (horde) has a lot of pets, and is pretty safe as long as you're 90+. There's actually a few areas pretty close the garrison that has high density of battle pets, and do not have any or many hostile mobs around. I dont know what the alliance equivilent would be, but I would be interested to know other people's prefered places and ideas!

Rendigar
MVP
Pet Score:10321
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Rendigar » December 3rd, 2014, 12:24 pm

Without flying how would you get a sub-90's character out of Ashran? The only place a mage can open a portal to that I know of. I suppose with a 2-person mount and waterwalking you could run down the coast to get into a real area, but everything would eat your lowbie on the trip. If you are talking about a lvl 90 that's different (but I don't think of them as lowbies).

FFR has several places with large clusters of pets and not too many mobs, certainly not a problem for any 90 to handle should they wander too close to the pets.

Syah
Top Rater
Pet Score:11331
BattleTag®:Syah#1979
Realm:Tichondrius-us

Post by Syah » December 3rd, 2014, 6:11 pm

I would recommend FFR, for sure. I used it to do the 500 battles. Pets are all close by and respawn quickly. There should be some areas with no mobs around, the area I used was just south west of Bladespire fortress, right as you go west under the bridge. There were some boars on the other side of some rocks, but probably avoidable for super lowbies. Great for level 90.

I haven't tried getting a sub 90 character to Draenor (or circumventing the dark portal intro). It may be possible to be summoned out there.

Rendigar
MVP

Post by Rendigar » December 3rd, 2014, 10:43 pm

Syah wrote:I haven't tried getting a sub 90 character to Draenor (or circumventing the dark portal intro). It may be possible to be summoned out there.
Oh, good point! I forgot about both warlock portals and one of the bodyguards at max reputation can summon a party or raid member for you.

Zeemonster424
Top Rater
Pet Score:10893
BattleTag®:Zerou#1674
Realm:Dragonblight-us

Post by Zeemonster424 » December 7th, 2014, 7:13 pm

Looking for this info as well. I'm up at FFR right now, but there are mobs flying in the air. I'm level 69 right now, does not seem like a viable place to safely pet battle level.

I could go back to Four Winds, but I'd like the battles to count for my monument! :(

Abashera
Pet Score:3114
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Abashera » December 7th, 2014, 11:07 pm

I'm just pet leveling on my 90-100 chars. If it's for the monument, then this just works for me. I can do questing or queue dungeons and BG in-between if I get bored battling.

Once you have the monument you can go back to whatever worked before.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think lvl 25 wild battles in Draenor give more exp than lvl 25 wild battles elsewhere give. So if it's just to level pets, the old places work. If it's for a monument or to open lvl 3 menagerie, then it matters.

If only we could level our toons by gaining experience each time we were killed by a level 100 mob we'd be set!

Rendigar
MVP

Post by Rendigar » December 8th, 2014, 2:38 pm

Zeemonster424 wrote:Looking for this info as well. I'm up at FFR right now, but there are mobs flying in the air. I'm level 69 right now, does not seem like a viable place to safely pet battle level.

I could go back to Four Winds, but I'd like the battles to count for my monument! :(
I'm pretty sure there's a cluster of wild pets just outside the Horde garrison entrace, right around the first rock cluster to the left of the road. Not a huge amount, but it might be enough for sustained fighting.

Do you have access to someone to take you all the way to a spot if there is one? Pretty sure I remember there being one with only non-aggro mobs in FFR with lots of pets but I'd need to go looking for it.
Last edited by Rendigar on December 8th, 2014, 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zeemonster424
Top Rater
Pet Score:10893
BattleTag®:Zerou#1674
Realm:Dragonblight-us

Post by Zeemonster424 » December 8th, 2014, 3:40 pm

Rendigar wrote:
Do you have access to someone to take you all the way to a spot if there is one? Pretty sure I remmeber there being one with only non-aggro mobs in FFR with lots of pets but I'd need to go looking for it.

I'll check it out later! I use my warlock to port out there with some help, and then I'll make my hubby drive me there to see! Thanks!