Draenor Pet Brawler

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Wezmerelda
MVP
Pet Score:13904
Realm:Durotan-us
Draenor Pet Brawler

Post by Wezmerelda » November 29th, 2014, 4:37 am

Got my Draenic Pet Battler achievement tonight, yay! So when I opened up my Achievements log and scrolled down to find the monument achievement to track (Draenor Pet Brawler), I was discouraged to see the number was only 88/2000. Not the 500/2000 I expected! Now, I did grind the majority of my battles in my garrison, though it seems none of these counted towards this monument achievement. Is this... intentional? If so, I don't understand the rationale of allowing it to count towards the Draenic Pet Battler achievement, either. I'm hoping it's some sort of tracking bug :)

Anyone have any intel on this?

Vek
Top Rater
Pet Score:3996
Realm:Aggramar-eu

Re: Draenor Pet Brawler

Post by Vek » November 29th, 2014, 6:50 am

Yesterday Hooter noticed this and said so in the "Speedy 500 wins for Draenic Pet Battles"-thread. So I also checked this out. Apparently your Garrison does not count as Draenor for the Monument Achivement.

This also applies to PvP battles you initiate while in the Garrison so beware. So if you plan do PvP, be sure to step outside the Garrison if you want your wins to count for monument.

I have not yet tried the other PvE battles in the Garrsion, like the rat in the mine or sea gull in the fishing shack.

Not sure if it is intended or not, very annoying though. They still count for Draenic Pet Battler....

Kel
Pet Score:4788
BattleTag®:TerribleTim#1747
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Kel » April 2nd, 2015, 11:57 am

Do we know if Draenor Pet Brawler is account wide, or will each one of my toons need to accomplish this 2000 battles?
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington
http://www.haywire-racing.com

Killerkarl
Pet Score:13815
Realm:Sen'jin-us

Post by Killerkarl » April 2nd, 2015, 12:08 pm

Kel wrote:Do we know if Draenor Pet Brawler is account wide, or will each one of my toons need to accomplish this 2000 battles?
It is account wide.

Jchertudi86
Pet Score:1137
Realm:Icecrown-us

Post by Jchertudi86 » April 2nd, 2015, 3:44 pm

As you can see, certain aspects about the way this is tracked are really silly.

But the biggest offense from grinding out this massive slog (and that is all it is, a massive grind) is that you get a monument in your garrison. Cool, except we've known from the start the garrisons aren't leaving Draenor and they'll be useless in the next expac. So congrats... by the time you get 2k wins from grinding critter after critter mindlessly, the expac will be almost over and you'll be leaving your garrison behind.

GG Blizz, I'm not falling for it.

Lauramars
Pet Score:1751
Realm:Eonar-us

Post by Lauramars » April 4th, 2015, 10:09 am

Garrison battles now count towards the achievement. I'm managing to make the counter progress quite a bit today while leveling pets with Squirt.

Kel
Pet Score:4788
BattleTag®:TerribleTim#1747

Post by Kel » April 6th, 2015, 1:35 pm

Yea, my problem is, I just don't bother with that garrison power leveling stuff. I do the daily once and that's it. So 2000 is a long ways away.
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington
http://www.haywire-racing.com

Aurae
Top Rater
Pet Score:10919

Post by Aurae » April 6th, 2015, 2:56 pm

I haven't made any special effort in progress toward the monument and I'm just over 200 more battles needed to unlock it. So it's plenty doable long before the next expansion. I just do the daily tamer circuit and the menagerie daily quests for charms/stones.