Pet Menagerie

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Belpha
Top Rater
Pet Score:3935
Realm:Cenarion Circle-us
Pet Menagerie

Post by Belpha » November 27th, 2014, 8:37 pm

So, as an avid pet collector and altoholic, I thought the pet menagerie would be an awesome building, but was alittle disappointed to see that the displayed pets were based on your favorites, thus I'm only able to display the one set of pets. My alts aren't able to display their own pet collections.

Has anyone found an addon or some such way to make this possible? I did find an addon that made favorite mounts per character, so I'd think it's possible. But I've yet to find something on my own, so I'm turning to my fellow pet collectors!

Roisen
Top Rater
Pet Score:8772
Realm:Mal'Ganis-us

Re: Pet Menagerie

Post by Roisen » November 27th, 2014, 9:07 pm

I have pets that aren't on my favorites pop up all the time! I think it just heavily favors your favorites.

Finnelis
Pet Score:9316
Realm:Kirin Tor-eu

Post by Finnelis » November 28th, 2014, 8:03 am

For gameplay reasons, I have only two pets on my favorite so pets spawn in a random fashion.

I wish the system worked differently though, I was so looking forward to be able to select a thematic family of pets for each of my alts depending on their class/proffession/race combination.

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » November 28th, 2014, 1:46 pm

I don't have the menagerie yet, but I wonder how it will work for me. I have almost every unique pet "favourited" in my journal, because I like sometimes getting a little surprise when pressing my /rfp hotkey. It'll just display a selection of a very few out of the hundreds of favourites I guess.

Morlis
MVP
Pet Score:13720
BattleTag®:Morlis#1799
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Morlis » November 28th, 2014, 1:58 pm

It always picks from Favorites first. If you have more than the limit for favorites, I think it is 10, then it will just randomly pick from those favorite pets. If you don't have the favorites at the max then it will take all your favorites and add random pets from the rest of your collection.
  • Morlis Alliance Kael'Thus 60 Shadow Priest (main account)
  • Morlis Horde Madoran 60 Beast Master Hunter (main account)
  • Altuno Horde Madoran 60 Vengeance Demon Hunter (main account)
  • Vandì Horde Madoran 60 Arcane Mage (alt account)

Jazeel
Pet Score:9583
Realm:Saurfang-us

Post by Jazeel » November 30th, 2014, 8:24 pm

I have a lvl 2 storehouse as well in my mains garrison, along with the lvl 2 menagerie, and it may increase the number of pets wandering about as I seem to have hordes of pets patrolling my garrison ever since i upgraded the storehouse.

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13557
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » December 1st, 2014, 5:28 am

Finnelis wrote:I was so looking forward to be able to select a thematic family of pets for each of my alts depending on their class/proffession/race combination.
I was really looking forward to this as well! Not to mention, my daughter is seriously miffed over it as, since we share a Battlenet account, we're stuck with the same favourites list ... I'm a human pally and she's an undead rogue and she REALLY objects to all my "cute and fluffy" pets in her garrison! :lol:
Belpha wrote:I did find an addon that made favorite mounts per character
Could I have the name of that addon please?! For the reasons above I'd love to have it.
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420