Menagerie superfast leveling?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Nagini
Top Rater
Pet Score:9683
Realm:Kael'thas-us
Menagerie superfast leveling?

Post by Nagini » November 27th, 2014, 9:44 am

Today for 'Battle Pet roundup', the menagerie daily, I had to kill three legendary bird pets (jahan, samm and archimedes). In my first round against them, my nexus whelpling alone decimated all three (survive jahan and mana surge pretty much does the rest). This gave me an idea. Since there is a stable master right next to the ring, i used a petcookie and took a carry pet. After a bit of messing about (with virtually any pet with magic abilities and the nexus whelp, a win+carry is almost garanteed) my leveling pets started gaining 2,5k (1,8 without cookie?) exp for a sub-10 round fight, with a stable master right there.

i know where I'll be today.... Its like a carry trainer you don't have to move for. After leveling 5 pets to 25 in under 10 minutes, i still cant believe it. (Carry pet first attack (must survive arcane storm)-->switch to arcane eye, mana surge thill death, switch to whelp, mana surge, use other abilities if unlucky).In my attempts, the birds have used the same moveset every single time, making it easy and ultra predictable. Any pet that can take two hits works, so all magic and most mech pets (starting lvl 3-4ish) can be carried.

Goldenbelmont
Pet Score:2314
Realm:Turalyon-us

Re: Menagerie superfast leveling?

Post by Goldenbelmont » November 28th, 2014, 1:52 am

I can confirm this does infact work. Gaining 3k pet exp with just the hat on my lvl 13 pets for a good 7 round battle.

Cheldoll
Top Rater
Pet Score:9870
BattleTag®:Cheldoll#1232
Realm:Earthen Ring-us

Post by Cheldoll » November 29th, 2014, 9:38 pm

Interesting! I should've tried this when it was the daily. Next time, I suppose. They count towards the 500 for the draenor achievement, right?

Linaomine
Pet Score:8585
BattleTag®:jrevenge#1115
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Linaomine » November 30th, 2014, 2:09 am

Cheldoll wrote:Interesting! I should've tried this when it was the daily. Next time, I suppose. They count towards the 500 for the draenor achievement, right?
Yes they count for the 500 to get the level 3 pet building, but they apparently do not count for the 2000 needed for the garrison monument :(

Impeesa
Pet Score:8653
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us

Post by Impeesa » November 30th, 2014, 3:46 am

Linaomine wrote:
Cheldoll wrote:Interesting! I should've tried this when it was the daily. Next time, I suppose. They count towards the 500 for the draenor achievement, right?
Yes they count for the 500 to get the level 3 pet building, but they apparently do not count for the 2000 needed for the garrison monument :(
For some reason this applies to all pet battles in your garrison, it counts as Draenor for one achievement but not the other. I noticed the same thing after doing the very first three battles to open up the menagerie. On a related note, do pvp pet battles count toward those achievements (in or out of the garrison)?

Demiano
Pet Score:13688
BattleTag®:daemono#1210
Realm:Garithos-us

Post by Demiano » November 30th, 2014, 9:36 am

With all thats broken with the expac they will fix THIS before anything else really important lol.