Share pet collecting news and advice.
Morlis
MVP
Pet Score:13720
BattleTag®:Morlis#1799
Realm:Madoran-us
oops Thanksgiving started

Post by Morlis » November 25th, 2014, 10:20 am

I was so focused on doing garrison quests/tradeskilling that I totally missed the Pilgrim's Bounty event started, I see that the [pet]bush chicken[/pet] is the new pet is there anything else I should be watching for?
  • Morlis Alliance Kael'Thus 60 Shadow Priest (main account)
  • Morlis Horde Madoran 60 Beast Master Hunter (main account)
  • Altuno Horde Madoran 60 Vengeance Demon Hunter (main account)
  • Vandì Horde Madoran 60 Arcane Mage (alt account)

GrosBonda
Pet Score:10429
BattleTag®:Grosbonda#1406
Realm:Arygos-us

Re: oops Thanksgiving started

Post by GrosBonda » November 25th, 2014, 10:31 am

In term of pets... i think that's it unless you do not have your [pet]Plump Turkey[/pet] yet

Kel
Pet Score:4788
BattleTag®:TerribleTim#1747
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Kel » November 25th, 2014, 12:04 pm

I do not have a Plump Turkey, and I can't figure out how to get the table in Silvermoon without getting killed. What am I missing here? They put it inside the city gateway, so the guards kill me almost instantly. How the hell do you do this one? :cry:
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington
http://www.haywire-racing.com

Druzy
Pet Score:4598
Realm:Uldaman-us

Post by Druzy » November 25th, 2014, 1:00 pm

Kel wrote:I do not have a Plump Turkey, and I can't figure out how to get the table in Silvermoon without getting killed. What am I missing here? They put it inside the city gateway, so the guards kill me almost instantly. How the hell do you do this one? :cry:
Fly in? Run in as far as you can each time and res closer and closer to a table?

Kel
Pet Score:4788
BattleTag®:TerribleTim#1747
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Kel » November 25th, 2014, 1:01 pm

I can get to a table just fine. Then I get killed. And when you run back, as soon as you rez, you aggro the guard, who comes and kills you again. :cry:
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington
http://www.haywire-racing.com

Morlis
MVP
Pet Score:13720
BattleTag®:Morlis#1799
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Morlis » November 25th, 2014, 1:16 pm

I got the turkey a few years ago, any Toys or such that a person would regret not getting to?

I honestly have not really been into toy collecting. I think it's wrong that the Toys System was added and there are toys I have no way of getting because I didn't get them years ago. Gnomeregan Pride and Darkspear Pride come to mind. bag space has always been an issue for me, so questing toys (before they were officially toys) was not a priority for me. Last thing I wanted was bank full of items that served no purpose other than to be a fun toy.

for the record I did do the Gnomeregan Pride but never did the Horde side. Not entirely sure the new toy system crosses over or not, since I never did the Horde side if it doesn't change with faction there is no way for me to get the Darkspear Pride. I am curious about that so I will log in my horde character tonight after work to check that.

Somethings that should be toys didn't get to be toys, the Magic Banana dropped from Bonobos that you can throw on the ground and anyone who walks over it slips did not get in the toy box, still taking up space in several of my characters bags.
  • Morlis Alliance Kael'Thus 60 Shadow Priest (main account)
  • Morlis Horde Madoran 60 Beast Master Hunter (main account)
  • Altuno Horde Madoran 60 Vengeance Demon Hunter (main account)
  • Vandì Horde Madoran 60 Arcane Mage (alt account)

Topaz
Pet Score:4045
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Topaz » November 25th, 2014, 3:55 pm

Kel wrote:I can get to a table just fine. Then I get killed. And when you run back, as soon as you rez, you aggro the guard, who comes and kills you again. :cry:
any class that can stealth or remove aggro is good (rouge, druid, hunter, priest come to mind)

Atroposz
Pet Score:3933
Realm:Baelgun-us

Post by Atroposz » November 26th, 2014, 6:42 am

New engineer-crafted item, usable by non-engineers, called a Stealthman 54 or something. Sorry, Im at work so I cant access wowhead, but it's one of the group of recipes you get by default when you learn WoD engineering, the mat cost is small, and it comes in a stack of 5. I havent tried it yet, but as soon as someone mentioned "stealth items", I thought yay! I have access to one of those now, I can get my turkey!

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » November 26th, 2014, 3:44 pm

Morlis wrote:I got the turkey a few years ago, any Toys or such that a person would regret not getting to?

I honestly have not really been into toy collecting. I think it's wrong that the Toys System was added and there are toys I have no way of getting because I didn't get them years ago. Gnomeregan Pride and Darkspear Pride come to mind. bag space has always been an issue for me, so questing toys (before they were officially toys) was not a priority for me. Last thing I wanted was bank full of items that served no purpose other than to be a fun toy.

for the record I did do the Gnomeregan Pride but never did the Horde side. Not entirely sure the new toy system crosses over or not, since I never did the Horde side if it doesn't change with faction there is no way for me to get the Darkspear Pride. I am curious about that so I will log in my horde character tonight after work to check that.

Somethings that should be toys didn't get to be toys, the Magic Banana dropped from Bonobos that you can throw on the ground and anyone who walks over it slips did not get in the toy box, still taking up space in several of my characters bags.
I'm pretty sure that the "pride" item does change with faction. I did the quest at the time on a few horde characters, but now my gnome warlock has "Gnomeregan pride" and I know for certain that I never did the quest with her (she didn't even exist at that time).

A couple of the other ones got restored, too. The incense stick comes to mind, and the whatever-it's-called that makes you stare at a critter until it explodes. I know I destroyed both of those for space on my main, but when the toybox went live they were automatically in there.

Darkmoon whistle didn't get restored tho. I deleted 3 or 4 of those things over the last few months, and then ended up having to buy another one for 90 tickets to go in the toybox. :roll:

Topaz
Pet Score:4045
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Topaz » November 26th, 2014, 3:48 pm

got it today after 3 days of doing all the dailies, unlike the plump turkey he wont suicide into cooking fires.