Draenic Pet Battler - 500 battles - Beakinator Strat

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Jyru
Pet Score:2324
Realm:Emerald Dream-us
Draenic Pet Battler - 500 battles - Beakinator Strat

Post by Jyru » November 23rd, 2014, 3:19 pm

Today in the Menagerie I encountered The Beakinator, a Flying pet that appears by himself, is repeatable and has a nice stables heal 2 steps away.

With pets with Arcane Storm / Mana Surge / Surge of Power (or other OP anti-flyer move sets) this guy can go down in about a minute. I ran a 30 minute test and defeated him 24 times.

Compared to other test grinds i did, this was by far the fastest. But obviously, it's today and today only for me for the Beakinator.

Linaomine
Pet Score:8585
BattleTag®:jrevenge#1115
Realm:Area 52-us

Re: Draenic Pet Battler - 500 battles - Beakinator Strat

Post by Linaomine » November 23rd, 2014, 4:00 pm

I was considering this but I'm generally bad at figuring out which pets to use. What ones have you been using? Also are you just using 25s or are you also trying with lowbies?

Badpathing
MVP
Pet Score:12840
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Badpathing » November 23rd, 2014, 4:29 pm

Good idea, but the drawback is you have to have the pet daily unlocked before you can do this, and I think that is at a higher level no? maybe even 100..

Instead, I have been doing the SMV coast with Lil XT on an alt. XT wipes them out and I get pretty good XP for the alt, the fights are quite fast.

Liopleurodon
Site Admin
Pet Score:3652
Realm:Turalyon-us

Post by Liopleurodon » November 23rd, 2014, 4:33 pm

I'm waiting for Thursday & the Jahan, Archimedes & Samm fight to do this. Though it may have been retuned since beta, they lent a huge crit boost to everyone, including my pets. Not only was the fight fast, it was a lot of fun.
xoxo, Your Pet Battling BFF, Tamer Liopleurodon.
http://www.battlepetroundup.com/

Badpathing
MVP
Pet Score:12840
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Badpathing » November 23rd, 2014, 4:35 pm

Also..for the record, this feels brutal to me. 500 pet battles is so many when you don't even really need them....no real incentive for the trainers either. This is a grind.

Moritsume
Pet Score:13491
BattleTag®:MurdaMode#1395
Realm:Illidan-us

Post by Moritsume » November 23rd, 2014, 5:34 pm

I was able to get Beakinator down in roughly 58~ seconds using:

Nexus Whelping P/P
Arcane Eye P/S

Open with whelp using Arcane Storm followed by Mana Surge, seems Beak either does Wind-Up/Alpha Strike/Alpha/Touch, or uses the Wind-Up early. Either way once whelp dies, Arcane Eye uses Drain Power/Psychic Blast/Mana Surge.

This worked for me about 5 times in a row until my dungeon queue popped but if anyone has a more reliable (my guildy said his eye died 1 hit short of the kill) or faster way I'm all ears.

Also, did this only with 2 pets but didn't bother swapping in a carry for exp since it's focused on grinding the 500 out quickly XD

Jyru
Pet Score:2324
Realm:Emerald Dream-us

Post by Jyru » November 23rd, 2014, 6:09 pm

Im usng nexus whelping to start and followed by azure whelpingto hit him with the huge arcane blast to finish him

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » November 23rd, 2014, 10:52 pm

Moritsume wrote:I was able to get Beakinator down in roughly 58~ seconds using:

Nexus Whelping P/P
Arcane Eye P/S

Open with whelp using Arcane Storm followed by Mana Surge, seems Beak either does Wind-Up/Alpha Strike/Alpha/Touch, or uses the Wind-Up early. Either way once whelp dies, Arcane Eye uses Drain Power/Psychic Blast/Mana Surge.

This worked for me about 5 times in a row until my dungeon queue popped but if anyone has a more reliable (my guildy said his eye died 1 hit short of the kill) or faster way I'm all ears.

Also, did this only with 2 pets but didn't bother swapping in a carry for exp since it's focused on grinding the 500 out quickly XD
I tried exactly what you listed and it worked great. I also brought along a carry pet and swapped it in (after the Nexus Whelp, before the Arcane Eye), but it didn't gain any XP, probably because I'd already turned in the quest for the day.

While this certainly is efficient time wise, it's made me realize I need to buckle down and hammer out a strategy to get my 500 battles done. Now that I have my main at 100 and an alt at 91 (and 100 Draenor pet battles under my belt), I think I'm going to have my alt knock out 20 wild battles a day, so I'll have it all done in 20 days. Hoping to catch some wild rares that way, and put some levels on new pets which I haven't had a chance to work on previously.

Aeonesti
MVP
Pet Score:5120
BattleTag®:Ducky#1198
Realm:Icecrown-us

Post by Aeonesti » November 23rd, 2014, 11:01 pm

I don't have my 5000 pvp pet battles done. I queue up in Draenor and get each win is +1 to 5000 pvp, 1000 pvp at 25, and 500 draenor battles. It's 3 cheevos, 1 fight.
~Aeonesti - Goblin Priest - Peons No More - Icecrown/Malygos~

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » November 24th, 2014, 4:28 am

Standard howlbomb worked for me on first try.

Chibimage
Top Rater
Pet Score:12239
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Chibimage » November 24th, 2014, 11:04 am

I did it with a super fast, 40s strat - Sen'jin Fetish/Infected Squirrel Stampede to Victory! Finished out my 500 yesterday. You do not need the daily at all to engage the Menagerie battle and it counts towards your 500.

Did my first Big Bag of Pet Rewards daily today and got the Puddle Terror <3 I could not have been happier!!

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » November 24th, 2014, 11:39 am

Still just under half to go for me. Had put it off while doing the more annoying Draenor Angler, which I finished in 2 days.
20 coins to go for the Land Shark.