The Halfhill of WoD?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Whitemist
MVP
Pet Score:6836
Realm:Kazzak-eu
The Halfhill of WoD?

Post by Whitemist » November 21st, 2014, 8:15 pm

Hey!

Currently grinding 500 battles, but already done full rare safari. Any good spot to level pets from 1, like with the Fiddlers around Halfhill in MoP? Or any other good ways of doing this?

//Whitemist

Asphodael
Pet Score:5028
Realm:Mal'Ganis-us

Re: The Halfhill of WoD?

Post by Asphodael » November 22nd, 2014, 10:36 am

Yeah, I'm pretty interested in this too. I've just been farming flying packs with a Nexus Whelpling but I'm only 150/500 right now.

Whitemist
MVP

Post by Whitemist » November 22nd, 2014, 10:43 am

So far I have been doing Frostfire Ridge, with those beasts there. They have critter/flying as backup, and Feline Familiar beats them with 90% health to spare mostly. Using level 1 pets is risky to say the least though.

Veticus
Pet Score:4376
Realm:Borean Tundra-us

Post by Veticus » November 22nd, 2014, 1:49 pm

I've been using Moonshell Crabs in SMV (so I can use my lvl 90-91 toons for xp). I just rotate my moths in and out between heals. I make sure my pets are lvl 5-6 by doing one at the farm near Halfhill to ensure they won't get 1-shot.

Liopleurodon
Site Admin
Pet Score:3652
Realm:Turalyon-us

Post by Liopleurodon » November 22nd, 2014, 3:36 pm

Moonshell crabs on the coast in SMV or the area near the single shared FP in FFR, where there are a lot of yellow-aggro clefthooves but that's about it. In general, I've had good luck going to areas that aren't really near anything, like the coast north of Shattrath in Talador.
xoxo, Your Pet Battling BFF, Tamer Liopleurodon.
http://www.battlepetroundup.com/

Whitemist
MVP

Post by Whitemist » November 22nd, 2014, 6:14 pm

Ok, I probably should have thought about this before starting the thread, but still doing the battles in Frostfior Ridge, around the rock formations, leveling on the Icespine Hatchlings.

What I do is to use Darkmoon Zeplin, put down Decoy, and then swapping in the level 1 for one round. Then use the Feline Familiar, who can solo the full team with (mostly) 80% hp left after the battle :)

Rendigar
MVP
Pet Score:10321
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Rendigar » November 24th, 2014, 9:20 am

Whitemist wrote:So far I have been doing Frostfire Ridge, with those beasts there. They have critter/flying as backup, and Feline Familiar beats them with 90% health to spare mostly. Using level 1 pets is risky to say the least though.
This is what I've been doing - I start with a bear and stun the beast, swap in the carry pet (even a lvl 1) and then bring in the feline familiar. Since the bear I'm using is almost always faster (you can use ANY fast pet with a stun move) all that will happen is your feline will take up to 2 hits (if the enemy is faster) before getting up stoneskin. Once that's up it's pretty much a faceroll over the 3 enemy pets. The only thing that can throw a monkey wrench in is the frostfur rats and their call darkness cutting heals in half. Generally I just time killing them to happen the turn it runs out, though.