Singing cricket :(

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Adashiel
MVP
Pet Score:3297
Realm:Stormrage-us
Singing cricket :(

Post by Adashiel » December 6th, 2012, 1:40 pm

So I just finished raising my 75th pet to 25 and got the Pro Pet Club achievement. The reward is the Singing Cricket, but get this, its quality rating is Uncommon. *boggle* It also didn't arrive as an item, but was silently added to my pet journal much as Venus and the Feral Vermling were.

I had some warning of this, as Warla got this achievement a few weeks ago and ran into the same problem. However, I'd assumed 5.1 had actually fixed that. Apparently not.

As far as the pet itself, it's just a green cricket, a smaller version of the marsh fiddler. It doesn't sing or do anything special.

So very very disappointed.

Doobjanka
MVP
Pet Score:9260
BattleTag®:Doobjank#1625
Realm:Madoran-us

Re: Singing cricket :(

Post by Doobjanka » December 6th, 2012, 2:28 pm

Yeah, I got mine last month, leveled it to 2 and forgot about it. I'm not a fan of the hoppers in general, and this one was worth the time to add to my collection, but not to to do anything with.
Proudly volunteering to this website since 11/09!

Adashiel
MVP
Pet Score:3297
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Adashiel » December 6th, 2012, 2:36 pm

I don't much like them, either, but still this really took the wind out of my sails. I felt like the proverbial retiree who's given a dime store watch after fifty years on the job.

Zaelo
Pet Score:5086
Realm:Vek'nilash-us

Post by Zaelo » December 6th, 2012, 4:31 pm

Hehehe. Yeah it's pretty much the same.
In all honesty, I wasn't expecting anything more than a boring cricket .. but I was kinda expecting him to be rare though..

Anyway, it's also kinda lame that there's no pet collecting achievement passed 400.. I feel like I don't have a goal anymore lol