[Beta] Servant of Demidos drop chance your experience please

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Flohsakk
Pet Score:13312
Realm:Blackhand-eu
[Beta] Servant of Demidos drop chance your experience please

Post by Flohsakk » October 29th, 2014, 9:44 am

Demidos - Devourer of Lights is a rare spawn void walker in Socrethar's Rise area in Draenor's Shadowmoon Valley. He can drop the Servant of Demidos pet, a magic creature with one of the highest power stats available for players.

Demidos has 2094K Hitpoints but is scaling with the number of people he is infight with. He does melee hits (average 11K on mail armor), uses Demi as AoE effect which deals 25% of players' current health as shadow damage and a single target Shadow Spike cast with ~12K shadow damage that applies a stacking debuff that reduces received healing by 5% per stack for 20sec.

In an earlier build we killed him with 3 people and it was really close. With his rare status we expected a guaranteed pet drop on the first kill or a drop for one group member but there was nothing but Apexis Crystals... so we wanted to wait for a new build to check for a changed loot situation. In the meantime other players reported pet drops on their first Demidos kills so we were hoping... but then Demidos disappeared somehow. Maybe he was always dead when I was checking his spot, but I wasn't the only person missing him so it was strange, I started to think he's only spawning with the Socrethar's Rise Assault daily active at the garrison but there's no connection.

Yesterday I went back to Socrethar's Rise and far sighted him but I was using the wrong client language so I had to prepare my action bars first to survive the hostile mobs on my way and then Demidos was already killed. I forgot to check the clock, but I think it was 90-150min until he respawned and then I managed to solo him with my enhancement shaman (635... T17 gear from vendor, Mythic SoO gear or new WoD items in all other slots, slow weapons, not that dagger shit from the premade I had to equip when we did it with 3 people). No pet drop... I soloed him a second time today... no pet drop. So I can't confirm a single pet drop in build 6.03.19085 (and for the records, it was the first kill on this character yesterday) and that's harsh for the difficulty of this rare.

Going into the fight...

I had a maximum of 7 stacks of Shadow Spike on me, so I expect this will go up to 10 (50% reduce) or maybe more. I didn't cast a single Lightning Bolt (that's a lot of damage missing) and used all my instants for healing spells, maybe that is something where I can shorten the fight a bit. I tried to interrupt or ground as much Shadow Spikes as possible and my elementals soaked a lot of the debuffs too so I usually had 0-20% reduced healing. I used every single damage cooldown, all my damage reduce abilities and it went a lot better compared to my first solo trys weeks ago. I haven't got a combat log or video of these trys so I can't tell if there was a nerf.

At some point in the fight I was low enough on Hitpoints so the Demi damage wasn't that critical with all the healing I did and this is something we should keep in mind... Demi itself hurts people but won't kill anything (okay following Blizzard's math it will kill us with 25% of 1 Hitpoint ;-)), Shadow Spike and melee attacks will do!

I think Shadow Spike is not cast on a random attacker so it probably doesn't matter what's happening to the health of the players in your group as long as they don't pull aggro. Looking back to the 3men kill I think we wasted a lot of heal on the group because it scared us.

I don't know the numbers for different armor classes, but with heals (in your group) and several abilities to avoid Shadow Spike damage I think everyone can do fine. The shadow damage of the Spikes is predictable, so let your aggro-holder drop to a point were your healing is nearly equal to the incoming damage. I would suggest to use some of the "interrupt" abilities in a row to avoid the Shadow Spike and remove the debuff and not to try to slow the stacking by using them on cooldown.

So what I want to see are your experiences with this rare mob, your thoughts & suggestions and most important... informations about pet drops (first kill on that char, solo/group loot, respawn times, pet quality, breeds etc.). Thanks and good luck! @patf0rd
Last edited by Flohsakk on October 29th, 2014, 6:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Morlis
MVP
Pet Score:13720
BattleTag®:Morlis#1799
Realm:Madoran-us

Re: Servant of Demidos drop chance? your experiences please

Post by Morlis » October 29th, 2014, 3:53 pm

Assuming this is a Warlords Beta question, honestly I didn't read the whole post, it is a bit of a wall of text. :P

I tend to stay away from Beta testing. I find it great fun and I like to contribute ideas and possible bugs with feedback. However I find the repeat of everything I just accomplished once the live version is released a bit disappointing. So I just bide my time and wait for Live. Good luck with your hunt though.
  • Morlis Alliance Kael'Thus 60 Shadow Priest (main account)
  • Morlis Horde Madoran 60 Beast Master Hunter (main account)
  • Altuno Horde Madoran 60 Vengeance Demon Hunter (main account)
  • Vandì Horde Madoran 60 Arcane Mage (alt account)

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » October 29th, 2014, 4:14 pm

As far as I know all the pet drops in WoD are 100% drop rate once per toon so you always get them on your first kill but never again.

Dagris
Top Rater
Pet Score:9380
BattleTag®:Dugoth#1259
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Dagris » November 19th, 2014, 3:56 am

Kpb321 wrote:As far as I know all the pet drops in WoD are 100% drop rate once per toon so you always get them on your first kill but never again.
Just killed him, and no pet. Killed him a second time and no loot at all

Jyru
Pet Score:2324
Realm:Emerald Dream-us

Re: [Beta] Servant of Demidos drop chance your experience pl

Post by Jyru » November 19th, 2014, 5:07 am

I just attempted to kill him with a friend at 98 and we had it served to us. This is very concerning if he doesn't drop the pet 100% like everything else in Draenor

Topaz
Pet Score:4045
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Topaz » November 19th, 2014, 5:09 am

i killed him on the 1st day with a large group of about 15 ppl, i asked who got and only 1 said he got the pet, so its not 100% drop.

Index
Pet Score:12787
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Post by Index » November 19th, 2014, 7:19 am

I've noticed that whereas the normal rares seem to be guaranteed drops, the rare elites seem to be roughly 20%...

We did Orumo in a group of 5, and only one received the pet (luckily he's a friend and handed it over :P) so it's looking likely you might need a few tries. We actually had 2 horde toons joined in but have no way of checking to see if loot is personal or first-to-tag?

We did all seem to get Apexis crystals tho?

Mantrhax
Top Rater
Pet Score:4076
BattleTag®:Mantrhax#1413
Realm:Uldaman-us

Post by Mantrhax » November 19th, 2014, 9:21 am

Killed him last night and no drop, not 100% for sure

Liopleurodon
Site Admin
Pet Score:3652
Realm:Turalyon-us

Post by Liopleurodon » November 19th, 2014, 1:03 pm

xoxo, Your Pet Battling BFF, Tamer Liopleurodon.
http://www.battlepetroundup.com/

Dagris
Top Rater

Post by Dagris » November 19th, 2014, 2:32 pm

Index wrote:I've noticed that whereas the normal rares seem to be guaranteed drops, the rare elites seem to be roughly 20%...

We did Orumo in a group of 5, and only one received the pet (luckily he's a friend and handed it over :P) so it's looking likely you might need a few tries. We actually had 2 horde toons joined in but have no way of checking to see if loot is personal or first-to-tag?

We did all seem to get Apexis crystals tho?
I wouldn't mind a few tries, the problem is they also seem to be flagged like every other rare in Draenor to only give you loot on the first kill. If you don't get it in the first try then you don't get it at all :/

Aerozia
Pet Score:8990
BattleTag®:Aerozia#1505
Realm:Skullcrusher-us

Post by Aerozia » November 19th, 2014, 2:41 pm

in my experience he drops one pet in a group, no roll option. and you get ONE kill on him. any kills after give you no loot.

Kel
Pet Score:4788
BattleTag®:TerribleTim#1747
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Kel » November 19th, 2014, 3:21 pm

Aerozia wrote:in my experience he drops one pet in a group, no roll option. and you get ONE kill on him. any kills after give you no loot.
That's the general consensus everywhere I've checked too. He only drops 1 pet per party, and from what I hear it's the first person who loots him that gets that single pet. After that, you can not loot him again. I think we need to talk to those in charge about maybe changing that because it seems unfair to those who actually collect pets when the pet doesn't drop for them and we have to turn to the AH prices.
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington
http://www.haywire-racing.com

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » November 19th, 2014, 8:12 pm

Some further clarification on how Servant of Demidos and Eye of Observation drop:

"Lvl 100 rares can drop loot once a day. They're faction tap in most cases, and don't have 100% droprate." - Tweet 1
"Also keep in mind though that which level 100 rares are available changes from day to day." - Tweet 2
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Dagris
Top Rater

Post by Dagris » November 19th, 2014, 9:46 pm

Quintessence wrote:Some further clarification on how Servant of Demidos and Eye of Observation drop:

"Lvl 100 rares can drop loot once a day. They're faction tap in most cases, and don't have 100% droprate." - Tweet 1
"Also keep in mind though that which level 100 rares are available changes from day to day." - Tweet 2
Great, thanks for the confirmation :)

Kring
Pet Score:6755
BattleTag®:scrufola#2941
Realm:Kargath-eu

Post by Kring » November 20th, 2014, 6:00 am

Dagris wrote:I wouldn't mind a few tries, the problem is they also seem to be flagged like every other rare in Draenor to only give you loot on the first kill. If you don't get it in the first try then you don't get it at all :/
The normal rares are not flagged to only give loot on first kill. The item from those rares is flagged to not drop again after you've looted it.

That's a huge difference. If you, for whatever reason*, aren't able to loot a rare you've killed you can just kill it again after it respawns and it'll drop your item again.

*) You die. You can't reach it because of respawn. Disconnect. Server down. Etc.

Topaz

Post by Topaz » November 20th, 2014, 10:57 am

after killing orumo the observer twice i got the pet twice being the leader, ill try it again the next time it spawn or on demidos and check it to be sure that the leader gets the pet.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » November 25th, 2014, 12:57 am

I got it but was not the leader, so leader doesn't seem to matter.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Topaz

Post by Topaz » November 25th, 2014, 3:32 am

Jerebear wrote:I got it but was not the leader, so leader doesn't seem to matter.
seems like it. yetsterday assault on shattarah was up again and i tried it and a friend got it even tough i was the leader. so for orumo the drop is 100% but will only drop 1.
so i killed him today again, 3 ppl got the pet. tried changing realms, 4 ppl stayed, got 1 new he didnt get the pet and the 4 that killed him already couldnt loot.
so few things:
1. drop is completely personal, he can drop 0 and he can drop more than 1. wowhead list the pet as 12% drop, as i killed him 4 times and saw the pet drop every time at least once i think this number is higher. (20%~)
2. he is only there when assault on shattarah daily is up, since i saw a hordie there i can assume you can still find him on days the other faction is having this daily.
3. the mob is faction tagged - if i tag him hordies wont be able to get a loot, never tried this outside a group so i dont know if others from your faction can loot it in case they tag him.

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » November 25th, 2014, 3:44 pm

Demidos spawned twice today. 2manned it the first time with a hunter, was a near death experience. Got the ach, but no pet dropped

Second time, I was unable to loot him at all. But I found someone whom traded me a Servant of Demidos for 5k!

Seems to me that the rare pet bosses is under the rare limit, you get -ONE- shot per character at them!

Topaz

Post by Topaz » November 25th, 2014, 3:53 pm

Luciandk wrote:Demidos spawned twice today. 2manned it the first time with a hunter, was a near death experience. Got the ach, but no pet dropped

Second time, I was unable to loot him at all. But I found someone whom traded me a Servant of Demidos for 5k!

Seems to me that the rare pet bosses is under the rare limit, you get -ONE- shot per character at them!
its not - you can loot them once per day.