Share pet collecting news and advice.
Morlis
MVP
Pet Score:13720
BattleTag®:Morlis#1799
Realm:Madoran-us
Question about Garrisons

Post by Morlis » November 17th, 2014, 3:06 pm

I am trying to maximize my alts to kind of funnel materials for my main to produce some pets with either Engineering or Tailoring.

My question is, is it possible to change a garrison building or are we stuck with what we choose? After I have my pets made, and what ever else I want made, I doubt I'll have a need for 6 characters with Engineering buildings.

I have yet to do all alts, in fact I haven't even logged in most of them since launch. I am just trying to plan ahead, if I can't change the buildings I'll probably make them more in tune with each characters current skills.
  • Morlis Alliance Kael'Thus 60 Shadow Priest (main account)
  • Morlis Horde Madoran 60 Beast Master Hunter (main account)
  • Altuno Horde Madoran 60 Vengeance Demon Hunter (main account)
  • Vandì Horde Madoran 60 Arcane Mage (alt account)

Kel
Pet Score:4788
BattleTag®:TerribleTim#1747
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Re: Question about Garrisons

Post by Kel » November 17th, 2014, 3:11 pm

Nope, you can knock one down at any time to clear the plot. The only drawback is going to be having the garrison resources to build the next one after spending them on the one you destroy.
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington
http://www.haywire-racing.com

Azillero
Pet Score:3211
Realm:Uldaman-us

Post by Azillero » November 17th, 2014, 5:08 pm

Off topic, but your question was answered. Anyway, make sure you log in to your alts, if only for a quick log-on, log-off (say it with us Mr. Miyagi). That way they will start accumulating rested XP. If you don't log on with them, they won't.

Dolz
Pet Score:6070
Realm:Trollbane-us

Post by Dolz » November 17th, 2014, 5:42 pm

Kel you don't knock down the old building, so you can get a vacant lot again. You drop the new building you want on top of the old one, like when you re-gem an item.

Saasan
Top Rater
Pet Score:5353
BattleTag®:Dredre#1692
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Saasan » November 17th, 2014, 7:17 pm

Morlis wrote:I am trying to maximize my alts to kind of funnel materials for my main to produce some pets with either Engineering or Tailoring.
Could you please explain to me how having multiple engineers would help?? Are you planning to make pets on toon 1, 2, and 3; or funnel mats from toon 2 and toon 3 to give toon 1? It was my understanding the mats were primarily soulbound.

Morlis
MVP
Pet Score:13720
BattleTag®:Morlis#1799
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Morlis » November 18th, 2014, 2:27 am

It was my understanding the mats were primarily soulbound.
This is true, and I wasn't thinking clearly about that.

I however do have three 600 skill Engineers and will likely get all 3 working one each since each will take many days to accumulate the mats on each. This was in line with what I was thinking, but clearly over all not being able to trade the main item is going to slow the plan done some.

For tailoring you can get the Fur from barns and that would be traded, but not really necessary I suppose since the Fur is easy to get.

thanks for the info otherwise, it is good to know you are not stuck with your building choices forever.
  • Morlis Alliance Kael'Thus 60 Shadow Priest (main account)
  • Morlis Horde Madoran 60 Beast Master Hunter (main account)
  • Altuno Horde Madoran 60 Vengeance Demon Hunter (main account)
  • Vandì Horde Madoran 60 Arcane Mage (alt account)