WoD pet combos-for pvp

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Tekulve2012
Pet Score:4376
BattleTag®:kingsfoiler#1479
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us
WoD pet combos-for pvp

Post by Tekulve2012 » November 17th, 2014, 11:42 am

I know that the tamer battles will offer a lot of food for thought but I'm wondering if any of the new pets offer interesting pet pvp avenues.

Before Nov.13th, I saw a fair # of iron starlettes in pvp and some bronze whelps and they are competitive for sure. I managed to ding pet #600 and get Stormwing and it does very well in pvp .. its a flyer with excellent power and a choice between liftoff and call lightning.

The Ore Eater comes in a couple of breeds and being humanoid it looks tanky .. I want to try it with the golden pig and maybe anub. uncanny luck + demolish is awesome.. I have used lil deathwing for this before in pvp as well. The ore eater's demolish would mash beasts to bits.
--------
The eye of observation looks potent vs fliers .. it has powerball but could also be used in darkness and mash ravens that pester you
-------
With all the leveling , building and questing its hard to get to team building and much theory crafting in WoD but we'll have to get 500 battles in at some point (men. tier3) so i thought i'd get a discussion thread going about the new pets in some of our stables.

Discodoggy
Pet Score:9713
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: WoD pet combos-for pvp

Post by Discodoggy » November 17th, 2014, 2:46 pm

I wrote something on this topic for Adventures in Poor Taste, I can't link but it's still on the front page if you want to check it out.

The Frostwolf Ghostpup is doing very well. I initially started pairing it with two critters to maximize Refuge but I've been having more luck with just one (which has been the S/S Prairie Mouse most of the time). Even with one critter Refuge allows you to block a nuke then get a free swap since you'll block incoming damage on the swap.

The Teroclaw Hatchling has also been great for me. The combo of Dodge and Nature's Ward is great for keeping or gaining back the flying racial.

I'm back from my break so the daily battles are up and running.

Melfice
Top Rater
Pet Score:3357
Realm:Stormrage-us

Re: WoD pet combos-for pvp

Post by Melfice » November 17th, 2014, 5:38 pm

The Frostwolf Ghostpup is doing very well. I initially started pairing it with two critters to maximize Refuge but I've been having more luck with just one (which has been the S/S Prairie Mouse most of the time). Even with one critter Refuge allows you to block a nuke then get a free swap since you'll block incoming damage on the swap.
Frostwolf Ghostpup + S/S Prairie Mouse sounds like a lot of fun! Which pet are you using for a third on this team? Good to see folks using the Prairie Mouse here :)

It's a very good PvP pet I think, and not too common in PvP battles it seems. I still need to get my Frostwlf Ghostpup, but the ques on Stormrage are soo bad, that by the time I "get" to play. Its almost time for bed lol