Share pet collecting news and advice.
Voskres
Top Rater
Pet Score:10910
BattleTag®:Vosk#1999
Realm:Cenarion Circle-us
Quick WoD collecting tip to be aware of

Post by Voskres » November 14th, 2014, 6:29 pm

Doesn't even have to do with new pets, but as you look for those new pets and try to get your pet battles in, be on the lookout of older pets that would be upgrades for your collection.

This maybe doesn't even mean rarity upgrades, although if you need some those are certainly still possible. However, I was referring more to instant level upgrades you can find as secondaries as you battle.

I have found a multitude of secondaries that you just wouldn't expect, and in many cases you can get level upgrades if nothing else. In just a short time, I have seen skunk, rat, squirrel, various snails, red-tail chipmunk, various moths, and so on, that have been unexpected secondaries. Even though I have a very robust collection, I have already gotten two 'freebie' upgrades for skunk and red tailed chipmunk that I had lower level 6s and gotten poof 23s just by capturing on a secondary.

I know, a very elementary tip, but everything helps, right?

Jesjbrown
MVP
Pet Score:4219
Realm:Garona-us

Re: Quick WoD collecting tip to be aware of

Post by Jesjbrown » November 14th, 2014, 6:36 pm

Honestly this hadn't even occurred to me! So thanks for the tip. Haven't been able to start collecting the new ones yet, but I'm excited!

Kel
Pet Score:4788
BattleTag®:TerribleTim#1747
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Kel » November 14th, 2014, 6:41 pm

It had occurred to me, but I was too busy trying to collect the new pets to worry about old ones. :lol:
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington
http://www.haywire-racing.com

Gwenolyn
MVP
Pet Score:5462
BattleTag®:Gwenolyn#1245
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Gwenolyn » November 14th, 2014, 7:52 pm

The only rare I've seen so far was a forest spider. My old one was only 10... so 13 instant lvls is ok with me. I was going to finish the battle anyway.

Thanks for posting this though! :mrgreen:

Shyhalu
Top Rater
Pet Score:2822
Realm:Emerald Dream-us

Post by Shyhalu » November 15th, 2014, 3:13 am

Yeah I noticed this as well! Managed to snag a rare marmot while battling a junglebeak! Pro tips all around.