WoD Found pets can't Pet Battle

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Ravnhawk
MVP
Pet Score:6534
BattleTag®:ravnhawk#1272
Realm:Zul'jin-us
WoD Found pets can't Pet Battle

Post by Ravnhawk » November 13th, 2014, 4:12 pm

I keep getting an error can't start pet battle. I am hoping it's gone away today but the log in Que for Zul'jin is 75 mins atm with 2679 ahead of me waiting.

This so not been fun so far. Especially with the log jams/bottle neck at every quest giver and turn in point. Thye should have just done the auto complete and auto accept the next quest. Then you also have all the people on their mounts blocking the quest givers as well. Can't even pass the time pet battling for new pets because of all the issues. Oh well maybe next week LOL

Iibis
Pet Score:4297
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Re: WoD Found pets can't Pet Battle

Post by Iibis » November 13th, 2014, 4:53 pm

Yeah I'd been getting lots of "failed to create pet battle" error messages even before launch, and today I managed to do one pet battle and after that it hasn't been possible, kind of like trying to get into the garrison... Don't know why all quest givers can't have a small wall around them so it's not possible to block them.

Rymoe
Pet Score:4327
Realm:Kilrogg-eu

Post by Rymoe » November 13th, 2014, 5:28 pm

I've no idea if this is correct, but one of my guildies mentioned that pet battles take place in an instance and therefore are suffering from the instance problems other people are having say, trying to run dungeons. Sort of makes sense, but looks like we won't be pet battling so easily short term (that's if your server queues are not too bad and you can get logged on in the first place - queue of over a 1000 this evening on Kilrogg EU). Won't be long and it will all calm down, hopefully :D

Liopleurodon
Site Admin
Pet Score:3652
Realm:Turalyon-us

Post by Liopleurodon » November 13th, 2014, 7:15 pm

It seemed largely tied to server population... It was an absolute non-starter on the ultra-populated Proudmoore, but on the med-low pop Turalyon I was able to get 50-60 wild fights in before the servers started flipping out this morning. Was far more efficient XP than fighting people for mobs & loot lag, lemme tell ya.
xoxo, Your Pet Battling BFF, Tamer Liopleurodon.
http://www.battlepetroundup.com/

Sandrazzley
Pet Score:1127
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Sandrazzley » November 13th, 2014, 10:49 pm

edit: Screw it. I'm not fighting your settings.