WOD, Best Battle Stone Stratagy?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Rawk
Pet Score:4827
Realm:Grizzly Hills-us
WOD, Best Battle Stone Stratagy?

Post by Rawk » November 12th, 2014, 12:06 pm

So right now I have alts stationed at all of the previous expansion champions for the bag from doing the daily pet battle against them (still trying to upgrade a few pets from greens). My question is should I move them all to the new Garrison when WOD hits or leave them where they are? I got kind of a late start on pets and am looking for the best way to upgrade them.

Saasan
Top Rater
Pet Score:5353
BattleTag®:Dredre#1692
Realm:Thrall-us

Re: WOD, Best Battle Stone Stratagy?

Post by Saasan » November 12th, 2014, 12:19 pm

It's my understanding that the garrisons will not be a good source of stones as they will be providing rewards more geared toward leveling pets, not to up their quality. Anyone from beta want to confirm/deny this?

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » November 12th, 2014, 12:47 pm

Saasan wrote:It's my understanding that the garrisons will not be a good source of stones as they will be providing rewards more geared toward leveling pets, not to up their quality. Anyone from beta want to confirm/deny this?
This is correct. If you're looking to farm battle-stones for upgrading quality, your best bet is to stick with the "old world" trainers (Pandaria, Outland, etc.)

The trainer dailies in Draenor award the same amount of pet experience, but they don't reward a bag with battle-stones inside. You do receive some Pet Charms that you can use to purchase stones from the vendor at your Menagerie, though. She sells both the leveling stone and quality stone. Last I checked, the quality stone was pretty pricey, though (10 Pet Charms IIRC??).

The level 3 garrison daily *does* reward a bag, but I never saw a battle-stone to upgrade pet quality drop from it. Only the leveling stones.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Rawk
Pet Score:4827
Realm:Grizzly Hills-us

Post by Rawk » November 12th, 2014, 2:05 pm

Thank you very much for the great information and the quick response! :D

Kel
Pet Score:4788
BattleTag®:TerribleTim#1747
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Kel » November 12th, 2014, 2:48 pm

Quint -
Can you comment on the number of charms you get from each battle?
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington
http://www.haywire-racing.com

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » November 12th, 2014, 2:57 pm

Kel wrote:Quint -
Can you comment on the number of charms you get from each battle?
  • Six Draenor trainers: x4 Pet Charms from each = 24 daily (account-wide dailies)
  • Once Menagerie's unlocked, the daily rewards x8 Pet Charms (not account-wide daily)
  • Once Menagerie lvl 3 is unlocked, a new daily replaces the previous one, rewards 8-10 Pet Charms (not account-wide daily)
So 24 charms per day if you defeat just the Draenor Trainers. 32-34 charms per day if you complete the trainer dailies and the Menagerie daily. More than that per day if you complete the Menagerie daily on multiple characters and consider collecting charms on different toons count towards a daily total.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Kel

Post by Kel » November 12th, 2014, 3:02 pm

Thank you!

So at 34 charms per day, let's say, can you tell me what makes you say that 10 for a quality stone was pricey? It seems like you could be buying 3 a day, which seems cheap to me.

edit: Oh yea, are the charms BoP, or BoA?
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » November 12th, 2014, 3:16 pm

Kel wrote:Thank you!

So at 34 charms per day, let's say, can you tell me what makes you say that 10 for a quality stone was pricey? It seems like you could be buying 3 a day, which seems cheap to me.

edit: Oh yea, are the charms BoP, or BoA?
"Pricey" is relative in this case. The Marked Flawless Battlestone is expensive when compared to the new stone that can be purchased for Pet Charms. 2 charms for the leveling stone versus 10 for the stone that upgrades pet quality. (Keep in mind that costs might have changed since I last checked. The price difference might not be as big anymore, but we'll have to wait and see.)

Pet Charms are BoP, unfortunately. :(

Kel

Post by Kel » November 12th, 2014, 3:18 pm

Wow! 2 charms for a leveling stone? Seems like in short order you could be leveling them all if you put some effort into it. Guess we'll have to see about prices once it actually goes "live"....... tomorrow. 8-)

Thanks for the post!
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington

Mykro9
MVP
Pet Score:4355
BattleTag®:mykro9#1585
Realm:Darrowmere-us

Post by Mykro9 » November 12th, 2014, 6:00 pm

I would not waste the leveling stones on anything under say level 20, since getting to 15-18 is trivial with a good team vs either wild critters, aquatic, flying or beasts (not to mention 'carrying' pets in tamer battles) With the golden civets near the beast of Fable No-No, you can get any level 1 pet to level 15 or so in about 3 battles, and after that it is still super fast for the next few levels.
mykro9#1585

Rendigar
MVP
Pet Score:10321
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Rendigar » November 12th, 2014, 7:23 pm

I can definitely see using the leveling stones mostly for getting pets from 24 to 25, since that takes about 4 fights. If a pet is 23 then a single MoP tamer fight will usually/always get them to 25 (not positive). But that's just me...

Humbelle
Pet Score:4574
Realm:Argent Dawn-us

Post by Humbelle » November 13th, 2014, 12:36 pm

I have been hording the battle-stones from the Pandaria dailies that I did not need to upgrade a current pet. I have managed to save up 24 stones in the last 2 months. :-) Once I get my characters (or at least one) up to 100, I will probably continue to do some of those dailies. I haven't fully decided yet.

Kel

Post by Kel » November 13th, 2014, 2:10 pm

Well, I sold all my "Flawless" stones. But I have a decent pile of various class stones stashed away, including some 16 aquatic stones! Man I was getting tired of collecting those! :lol:
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington