Invincible combination

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Voltacular
Realm:Greymane-us
Invincible combination

Post by Voltacular » December 6th, 2012, 4:19 am

Voodoo Figurine with Shadowslash, Wild Magic, Dark Simulacrum
Anubisath Idol with Crush, Stoneskin, Sandstorm
Magical Crawdad with Snap, Renewing Mists, Wish

Starts off with Anub, sandstorm right away, then stoneskin, and spam crush filler. As soon as it get below 75% hp the crawdad comes in mists then wish, swap back to Anub, rinse repeat. the Voodoo is essentially RNG backup.

I went up against this combo several times from same person the other night, I tried using Lost of Lordaeron opener to counter but its damage is to low to break threw sandstorm + stoneskin if you use absorb + siphon life (the dmg just gets blocked) if you use curse of doom as soon as it goes of they switch to crab to heal and your undead is weaker against crab. I tried many different pet combos you would think to counter this team but all were unsuccessful.

I have recently abstained from the PvP battle to collect and lvl so im just recently getting back into it, the fact 2 pets could counter my whole team seems imba.

Any suggestions for counter team would be interesting please submit any feedback as well.

Mutantgames
MVP
Pet Score:5239
Realm:Lightbringer-us

Re: Invincible combination

Post by Mutantgames » December 6th, 2012, 4:53 am

Ya I've come across this a few times and my Pandaren Earth Spirit pretty much nukes this combo.
Just change the weather to muddy and stone rush him, if he switches to his healer then healer is stuck and dead.
:twisted: Enjoy...

Oh I almost forgot, after you Mudslide: http://www.warcraftpets.com/abilities/critter/mudslide/
you pop Rupture: http://www.warcraftpets.com/abilities/e ... l/rupture/
Then you just spam Stone rush: http://www.warcraftpets.com/abilities/e ... tone-rush/

Till he is no longer...
Last edited by Mutantgames on December 6th, 2012, 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Maliander
Pet Score:3413
Realm:Auchindoun-eu

Post by Maliander » December 6th, 2012, 5:01 am

The best way to counter a weather effect is to override it with a low cooldown weather effect of your own. Mudslide seems the perfect candidate in your case, with Pandaren Earth Spirit as the most likely candidate, using Stone Rush and Rupture as the other two abilities (high burst and Stone Rush can even benefit from his Sandstorm should it be up).

As for the other members of your team, focus on high burst, weather effects and resistance against the attacks used or extra effectiveness against the types used.

Edit: Apparantly I'm a slow typer, but at least this double post reinforces the fact that Pandaren Earth Spirit is the best counter pet :)

Zaelo
Pet Score:5086
Realm:Vek'nilash-us

Post by Zaelo » December 6th, 2012, 10:12 am

For team invincible I prefer
- Magical Crawdad (damage reduction + Wish)
- Magic Lamp (magic passive, cant take more than 40% its health in a single blow, + Wish)
- Terrible Turnip (to keep Sunny weather up whenever possible to make Wish even more effective)

But I bet a team of 3 fluxfire felines would chomp chomp chomp through any of these combos

Bonhomous
Pet Score:2167
Realm:Maiev-us

Post by Bonhomous » December 6th, 2012, 2:03 pm

if you're having problem with weather, remember that Elemental pets are immune to weather effects.

Aquilus
Realm:The Venture Co-us

Post by Aquilus » December 6th, 2012, 4:12 pm

I've found that damage reduction based on power is just over powered in general. The Anubisath Idol and Magical Crawdad are just examples from a long list. Another powerful example of this is the Emerald Proto-Whelp (preferably Breed ID 4). The most common example of this is just about any crab, but if you want to see a very powerful crab get an Emperor with a power breed ID (not sure if it can be 4). Lesser examples are the elementals like Wither and the Jade Tentacle and even the Feline Familiar against certain species.

When they did the first round of balances I thought for sure this would be under the nerf bat cross-hairs. If you want to see an example take either the Emerald Proto or to a lesser extent the Emerald Whelpling and solo the Pandaren Air Spirit daily. If you really want to become a believer do it with a lvl 24 or 23 Emerald Proto (warning: doing it this way will take a lot longer). The common denominator is damage reduction. Three legendaries vs 1 rare you be the judge.

My ideal team might be something like a Breed ID 4 Emerald Proto, Magical Crawdad and Nordrassil Wisp. Though an Anubisath Idol could certainly replace one. I also considered swapping out my Emerald Proto for like a Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling. It is weaker overall but provides a different kind of defense in decoy that can be extremely effective as well, this might be the ideal way to counter slow power hitters such as Fluxfire Feline that take 3 rounds to charge up their attack (although nordrassil wisp can also do that but is very RNG).

Baner

Post by Baner » December 6th, 2012, 6:22 pm

Emperor Crabs are only 4 and 6, actually.

Either really high HP, or high power and high HP. Quite slow, but at 23 mine's shell shield is over 100, and Mists ticks for almost 150 per round.

He rarely drops much, if at all, during fights. I can even solo trios of flying pets with ease.

Fiorela
Top Rater
Pet Score:9040
BattleTag®:FelixArgyle#1765
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Fiorela » December 6th, 2012, 7:16 pm

I Used Spectral Tiger Cub + Fel Flame+ Restless Shadeling on all 4 I for got to heal one the times and won with Restless Shadeling+Spectral Tiger Cub

I found out that these 3 pets best counter. I've yet really be defeated with this comp.