Darkmoon Faire - Glowfly + Crow (EU Server)

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Rosetta
Pet Score:7172
Realm:Runetotem-eu
Darkmoon Faire - Glowfly + Crow (EU Server)

Post by Rosetta » December 5th, 2012, 11:54 pm

I have just logged into the game after a long 35 minute restart and went into Darkmoon Faire to find the Crow as a rare and Tamer Battle.

The last 11 Glowfly's I tagged above lvl 5 had identical set up of Uncommon Glowfly and common Crow. No other rarity or different secondary pets.

Is anyone else having this issue?

NathKnave
Top Rater
Pet Score:6469
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Re: Darkmoon Faire - Glowfly + Crow (EU Server)

Post by NathKnave » December 6th, 2012, 10:34 am

This happened to me once. I set out to replace my uncommon Brown Marmot with a rare so I went out to The Hinterlands. It was fairly soon after a restart (I managed to grab an poor Scourged Whelpling). For about the first half-hour every pet I battled was the same, the primary pet was poor and the secondary was a common Brown Marmot (even with different primary pets). I chalked it up to the behavior you see with pets that all spawn at the same time. After I started my second pass around the zone, the variety started to show up and I was finally able to get what I was after.

Basically, I'm guessing with the restart, all the pets spawned in at the same time as the same group. Once you clear all the spawns out the first time you'll probably start to see the variety. Good luck though, it took me about six hours to finally get my rare Crow.

Hellomynameis
Pet Score:2162
Realm:Shattered Hand-eu

Post by Hellomynameis » December 6th, 2012, 12:19 pm

This explains my weird night with the Restless Shadelings. They spawn at the same time, and one camping session between 00:01 and 00:15 I saw 10 rares out of 17 spawns.

It makes sense, from a programmers viewpoint, because making a random integer requires a math function, and math functions steal resources. So it is both smart, dumb and lazy to tie the quality of a pet to the time/date variable since it is an already existing, ever changing, variable instead of creating a new one. And it would effectivly create an issue like this.

NathKnave
Top Rater
Pet Score:6469
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by NathKnave » December 6th, 2012, 11:24 pm

Hellomynameis wrote:It makes sense, from a programmers viewpoint, because making a random integer requires a math function, and math functions steal resources. So it is both smart, dumb and lazy to tie the quality of a pet to the time/date variable since it is an already existing, ever changing, variable instead of creating a new one. And it would effectivly create an issue like this.
I never really thought about why this happens, but this is one of those things that just makes perfect sense when you hear it.

(Nice avatar btw)