Cristoph von Feasel

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Sellys
Pet Score:9122
Realm:Turalyon-us
Re: Cristoph von Feasel

Post by Sellys » November 2nd, 2014, 6:34 pm

He was pretty easy. I don't even remember my first pet, but I followed it up with a Warbot and that was that.

Level 103 Moonfang Denmother was interesting though.

Beardydan
Pet Score:5027
Realm:Doomhammer-eu

Post by Beardydan » November 2nd, 2014, 6:39 pm

Wolfson wrote:Bronze Whelpling (2,1,1) (mine is S/S but I think P/P would work better)
Iron Starlette (1,1,1) (mine is H/S, but I think any breed should work)

Start with the Whelpling, use Fly to avoid his first Whirlpool, Tail Sweep otherwise. Once Syd dies, use Early Advantage the first turn against Mr. Pointy, then Tail Sweep until the Whelpling dies. Bring out the carry pet, then immediately swap to the Starlette. One Powerball, Wind-up, and Wind-up will kill Mr. Pointy. Then Wind-up, Supercharge, and Wind-up will handle Otto.

Just did this with P/P breeds of both first try and upvoted the wowhead comment. :) As Jearebear said damage from tailsweep got capped each time on Syd. Will try tommorow with my S/S.

Oh and to all the people listing THREE pet teams and saying easy, read the damn op CARRY PET where is yours in a team of 3 25's?

Moritsume
Pet Score:13491
BattleTag®:MurdaMode#1395
Realm:Illidan-us

Post by Moritsume » November 2nd, 2014, 6:41 pm

Jerebear wrote:
Wolfson wrote:It looks like the newest member of the Darkmoon Faire pet team is up with this month's faire, so what teams have you found success with against him to level a carry pet?

After a little experimenting, I was able to get him with a team of, ironically, all post-6.0.2 pets.

Bronze Whelpling (2,1,1) (mine is S/S but I think P/P would work better)
Iron Starlette (1,1,1) (mine is H/S, but I think any breed should work)
I did this with a P/P Bronze Whelpling and H/H Starlette. I think the S/S Bronze Whelp might actually be better. The direhorn can sometimes cast the shield on the first round (happend to me) and the early advantage doesn't do much. Was tail sweep maxing out on Syd for you with the S/S?
When I did it with my S/S Bronze Whelpling I was going first so Tail Sweep was not doing it's max damage sadly ;( I'll level/try my P/P Bronze tomorrow

Valielina
Top Rater

Post by Valielina » November 2nd, 2014, 6:56 pm

I used [pet]Scourged Whelpling[/pet] , [pet]Darkmoon Tonk[/pet] and the [pet]Sunreaver Micro-Sentry[/pet], beat him the first try with ease.

[pet]Scourged Whelping[/pet] : [ability]Tail Sweep[/ability] [ability]Death and Decay[/ability] [ability]Plagued Blood[/ability]
*Keep DoTs up
[pet]Darkmoon Tonk[/pet] : [ability]Missile[/ability] [ability]Shock and Awe[/ability] [ability]Ion Canon[/ability]
[pet]Sunreaver Micro-Sentry[/pet] : [ability]Fel Immolate[/ability] [ability]Extra Plating[/ability] [ability]Call Lightning[/ability]
* [ability]Extra Plating[/ability] on the first move, follow it up with [ability]Call Lightning[/ability]

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » November 2nd, 2014, 8:05 pm

perhaps a thundering serpent hatchling or wild jade hatchling would be better since they have lightning storm in addition to Tail Sweep and Lift off.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Chibimage
Top Rater
Pet Score:12239
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Chibimage » November 2nd, 2014, 8:20 pm

The wowhead comment strat is mine ^_^ I'm jensketch!

Also the 2 pet strat I had figured out weeks ago was with the Lil' XT

But OH man there are loads of 2 pet strats that work and I am *SO* tickled to death about that because he was a serious pain in the ARSE on beta (last test period, they tweaked him, he was really hard).

I love the community putting their brains together for our little companions!!!

Anyone get a Syd? I only saw one this morning on the AH for 150k (Stormrage) then I talked to the guy who had him and he was leveling him so he could post it up for even more! lol :D Too rich for my blood!

Darth_aerith
Pet Score:4341
Realm:Argent Dawn-us

Post by Darth_aerith » November 2nd, 2014, 8:57 pm

Yes.

I managed to do the pet battle before daily reset.. Second bag I opened.
As a side note, the darkmoon eye also dropped for me. ^_^

Iibis
Pet Score:4297
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Iibis » November 3rd, 2014, 4:55 am

Jerebear wrote:I did this with a P/P Bronze Whelpling and H/H Starlette. I think the S/S Bronze Whelp might actually be better. The direhorn can sometimes cast the shield on the first round (happend to me) and the early advantage doesn't do much. Was tail sweep maxing out on Syd for you with the S/S?
I tried first with P/P Bronze Whelpling and P/S Starlette, but the Starlette's Wind-Up didn't kill him with the shield up (because Early Advantage also hit after shield was up) and the Starlette was already ressed and had ~380 hp left, so I forfeited and tried with S/S Whelpling with H/H Starlette.

It definitely felt better to have the Whelpling faster than the first two opponents and H/H Starlette killed both with (supercharged) Wind-Up. Maybe I had good RNG too. :)

Wolfson
Pet Score:9340
Realm:Bleeding Hollow-us

Post by Wolfson » November 3rd, 2014, 6:57 am

Jerebear wrote:I did this with a P/P Bronze Whelpling and H/H Starlette. I think the S/S Bronze Whelp might actually be better. The direhorn can sometimes cast the shield on the first round (happend to me) and the early advantage doesn't do much. Was tail sweep maxing out on Syd for you with the S/S?
After doing it a couple more times, I think you're right that the S/S Whelpling is better. I was only thinking in terms of being faster than Syd, which isn't necessary, but the S/S or H/S allows you to be faster than the direhorn, which as you point out, allows you to Early Advantage before it can shield, which in turn is crucial to killing it with the first Wind-up without needing Supercharge.

Jerebear

Post by Jerebear » November 3rd, 2014, 8:13 am

Wolfson wrote:
After doing it a couple more times, I think you're right that the S/S Whelpling is better. I was only thinking in terms of being faster than Syd, which isn't necessary, but the S/S or H/S allows you to be faster than the direhorn, which as you point out, allows you to Early Advantage before it can shield, which in turn is crucial to killing it with the first Wind-up without needing Supercharge.
I think you can still squeeze it with a windup if you do 300+ damage with the attack. Windup gives a +10% bonus, so if you do:

Windup, Powerball, Windup in that order, you get the +10% damage on powerball and the windup release. And there is no taking damage penalty for doing it in that order vs Powerball, Windup, Windup.

Pandairi
Pet Score:3764
Realm:Frostmourne-us

Post by Pandairi » November 3rd, 2014, 9:22 am

Wolfson wrote:
I did it with both P/P breeds so i think if you're using a a non S whelpling you do need to have a P/P iron starlette to be a able to kill the direhorn reliably without a supercharge. (My starlette did 1341 damage to mr pointy when it had 1290 hp left)

Thanks for the great strat btw!

Skavenged
Pet Score:9590
Realm:Cairne-us

Post by Skavenged » November 3rd, 2014, 9:34 am

I used the same setup on both of the Feasal brothers. Totally forgot to change my team and ran with an old school pvp team. Fiendish imp, clockwork gnome, kovok

Lead with imp. Swap out first pet. Imolate. Swap to gnome for turret. Swap to kovok for black claw followed by heal, followed by black claw on the next pet. Then rinse and repeat

Beardydan
Pet Score:5027
Realm:Doomhammer-eu

Post by Beardydan » November 3rd, 2014, 9:36 am

S/S Whelp + P/P star worked but did about the same dam to the direhorn as the P/P i think it might take an extra turn to kill syd, forgot to count.

Could not get anything to work with a P/S starlette, direhorn always had about 30 hp left after the windup hit. :(

Sepsis
Pet Score:4668
BattleTag®:Kaivic#1622
Realm:Gnomeregan-us

Post by Sepsis » November 3rd, 2014, 11:32 am

I think came up with an okay, working carry team. I haven't gotten around to leveling any of the new pets (or many of the old ones for that matter) so I made do with that I had on short notice. I'm sure this could be improved so I would love to hear some.

Grasslands Cottontail (S/S) and Pet Bombling

Syd:
Flurry, Flurry, Dodge, Flurry, Flurry, Flurry (Burrow if still alive).
Mr. Pointy:
Flurry, Dodge, switch, Minefield, Batter, Batter, Explode.
Otto:
Bring in carry, switch, Dodge, Burrow, Flurry till dead.

Bryndylan
Pet Score:11733
Realm:Nesingwary-us

Post by Bryndylan » November 3rd, 2014, 12:37 pm

Luciandk wrote:Lil xt as an opener seems really good. Start with Zap, heartbroken and tympanic tantrum. Then the second pet will be badly hurt and easilly killed next.
This is what I did too, though it was before I came here looking for suggestions. I used and was successful on the first try with:

Landro's Lil' XT with Zap, Heartbroken, Tympanic Tantrum
Lil' Tarecgosa with Breath, Wild Magic, Arcane Explosion
Darkmoon Tonk with Missile, Shock and Awe, Ion Cannon

Start off with Zap, then heartbroken, then Tympanic Tantrum until XT is dead. Syd was still alive at this point, so I switched in Lil' Tarecgosa. Used Wild Magic, and just kept using Arcane Explosion. By the time Tarecgosa was dead, Syd and Mr. Pointy were both dead, and Otto had very little health left, and was easy pickings for the Darkmoon Tonk.

Drudatz
Top Rater
Pet Score:10205
Realm:Kul Tiras-eu

Post by Drudatz » November 3rd, 2014, 5:12 pm

Chibimage wrote:Anyone get a Syd? I only saw one this morning on the AH for 150k (Stormrage) then I talked to the guy who had him and he was leveling him so he could post it up for even more! lol :D Too rich for my blood!
Yep got him from my third fight.

Arnithall
Pet Score:11384
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Arnithall » November 3rd, 2014, 5:23 pm

Easiest fight I've ever done. I used a suggestion from the Warcraft forums and it shines:

Lil XT: Zap - Broken Heart - Tympanic Tantrum (He'll die once then twice)

Pocket Reaver: Super Charge - Quake - Metal Fist

After all that the cow came out as everything else was dead. I smacked em once... Poof. End of Game. Gimme mah squid (well, haven't gotten mah squid yet but I can hope for tomorrow)

Arji
MVP
Pet Score:11812
BattleTag®:Arji#2548
Realm:Lothar-eu

Post by Arji » November 3rd, 2014, 5:32 pm

Doing him with three pets was easy last night. (I did with Scourged Whelpling, Darkmoon Tonk, Warbot)

But of course you want a two pet strategy -- been trying the one with the Bronze Whelpling and the Iron Starlette suggested in the first post.

My Bronze Whelpling is a P/P and the Starlette sadly is a H/P - with those two I couldn't pull it off.

Mr. Pointy gets his shield up befor Starlette even hits plus I don't get a Tail Swipe in as the 2nd Whirlpool gets the Whelpling down and Mr. Pointy kills him with Impale. After that I'm one round short to hit Otto with the supercharged Wind-Up.
Chibimage wrote:But OH man there are loads of 2 pet strats that work and I am *SO* tickled to death about that because he was a serious pain in the ARSE on beta (last test period, they tweaked him, he was really hard).
I love the community putting their brains together for our little companions!!!
I would love to hear one or two to try.
°° Swiss (-German) °° @Home on Lothar (EU) Horde [German] and
Silvermoon (EU) Alliance [English] (EU warcraftpets Guild)

Jerebear

Post by Jerebear » November 3rd, 2014, 7:30 pm

Iibis wrote:
I tried first with P/P Bronze Whelpling and P/S Starlette, but the Starlette's Wind-Up didn't kill him with the shield up (because Early Advantage also hit after shield was up) and the Starlette was already ressed and had ~380 hp left, so I forfeited and tried with S/S Whelpling with H/H Starlette.
Beardydan wrote:S/S Whelp + P/P star worked but did about the same dam to the direhorn as the P/P i think it might take an extra turn to kill syd, forgot to count.

Could not get anything to work with a P/S starlette, direhorn always had about 30 hp left after the windup hit. :(
You might be using a different sequence than me on the direhorn:

Round X: Whelps death => select carry pet (or plushie)
Round X + 1: Swap Carry Pet / Plushie => iron starlette
Round X + 2: Windup
Round X + 3: Powerball
Round X + 4: Windup (should kill the dire horn).

Are yall doing exactly that? In each of my test the whelp got 1 hit on the direhorn (both the P/P whelp test and the S/S whelp test). The selection of carry pet + immediate swap is important as it eats up one round of trihorn shield.