Cristoph von Feasel

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Wolfson
Pet Score:9340
Realm:Bleeding Hollow-us
Cristoph von Feasel

Post by Wolfson » November 2nd, 2014, 5:44 am

It looks like the newest member of the Darkmoon Faire pet team is up with this month's faire, so what teams have you found success with against him to level a carry pet?

After a little experimenting, I was able to get him with a team of, ironically, all post-6.0.2 pets.

Bronze Whelpling (2,1,1) (H/S or S/S)
Iron Starlette (1,1,1) (I think any breed should work)

Start with the Whelpling, use Fly to avoid his first Whirlpool, Tail Sweep otherwise. Once Syd dies, use Early Advantage the first turn against Mr. Pointy, then Tail Sweep until the Whelpling dies. Bring out the carry pet, then immediately swap to the Starlette. One Powerball, Wind-up, and Wind-up will kill Mr. Pointy. Then Wind-up, Supercharge, and Wind-up will handle Otto.

I was just trying to take him down tonight with the breeds I have levelled, but I'll see if I can get a clearer idea of which ones work or don't work as I fight him during the rest of the week.

Edited for better breed info (thank you for the feedback).
Last edited by Wolfson on November 3rd, 2014, 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ruststorm
Top Rater
Pet Score:5021
Realm:Nagrand-eu

Re: Cristoph von Feasel

Post by Ruststorm » November 2nd, 2014, 6:00 am

Just tried what you've posted above and i have to say that it worked in the first try.

I had the P/P whelpling at my disposal and a P/S starlette.

Did not get anything special in my bag.

Zimmy910
Pet Score:2066
Realm:Aggramar-eu

Post by Zimmy910 » November 2nd, 2014, 6:18 am

I used the Darkmoon Tonk and Mini Thor to battle the Beasts. Kicked off with the Scourged Whelpling to defeat the magical creature that starts off the battle. Strangely enough it has Aquatic abilities :p.

Recorded it this morning for my pet battle series, it's episode #35 : [url]http://youtu.be/tEJ56XE1kS8[/url]
Last edited by Zimmy910 on November 2nd, 2014, 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Morpheus, Zulbob, Zennadar and others on [EU]Aggramar
Pet Battles on Youtube - http://www.youtube.com/user/zimmy910

Britty
Pet Score:5582
Realm:Turalyon-us

Post by Britty » November 2nd, 2014, 6:19 am

I used a team that was posted on wowhead, worked both times I faced him as I battled him once before daily reset. (Got Syd on my second try, lucky! Still never got the Darkmoon eye in a bag though)

Rather than post their strategy here, Here's the post so people can up vote it: http://www.wowhead.com/npc=85519#comments:id=2000353 It involves using Scourged Whelpling, Tranquil Mechanical Yeti and Lil' Bling.

Zimmy910
Pet Score:2066

Post by Zimmy910 » November 2nd, 2014, 6:20 am

Britty wrote:I used a team that was posted on wowhead, worked both times I faced him as I battled him once before daily reset. (Got Syd on my second try, lucky! Still never got the Darkmoon eye in a bag though)

Rather than post their strategy here, Here's the post so people can up vote it: http://www.wowhead.com/npc=85519#comments:id=2000353 It involves using Scourged Whelpling, Tranquil Mechanical Yeti and Lil' Bling.
Thanks for that, I managed to defeat him in one go :p.
Morpheus, Zulbob, Zennadar and others on [EU]Aggramar
Pet Battles on Youtube - http://www.youtube.com/user/zimmy910

Druzy
Pet Score:4598
Realm:Uldaman-us

Post by Druzy » November 2nd, 2014, 6:39 am

[pet]Crimson Whelpling[/pet]
with [ability]Tail Sweep[/ability], [ability]Healing Flame[/ability], and [ability]Lift-Off[/ability]

[pet]Menagerie Custodian[/pet]
with [ability]Zap[/ability], [ability]Shock and Awe[/ability], and [ability]Lock-On[/ability]

[pet]Lil' Bling[/pet]
with [ability]Inflation[/ability], [ability]Blingtron Gift Package[/ability], and [ability]Make It Rain[/ability]

Squid is magic type yet has aquatic attacks, Direhorn blocks multiple attacks with a turtle-like shell shield, Cow is straightforward beast attacks.

Adorabella_x
MVP
Pet Score:6944
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Adorabella_x » November 2nd, 2014, 7:08 am

I used :

- Spawn of Onyxia - Breath, Scorched Earth, Lift-off
- Son of Animus - Metal Fist, Siphon Anima, Extra Plating
- Pocket Reaver - Metal Fist, Quake, Supercharge

Worked first time =D gl

Evis
Pet Score:12403
Realm:Icecrown-us

Post by Evis » November 2nd, 2014, 7:35 am

I used:

[pet]Emerald Proto Whelp[/pet] with [ability]Breath[/ability], [ability]Emerald Presence[/ability], [ability]Proto-Strike[/ability].
[pet]Clockwork Gnome[/pet] with [ability]Metal First[/ability], [ability]Repair[/ability], [ability]Build Turrent[/ability].
[pet]Darkmoon Tonk[/pet] with [ability]Missile[/ability], [ability]Shock and Awe[/ability], [ability]Ion Cannon[/ability]

Downed him first try, so not much experimenting. Hard to tell how much luck was involved.

It seemed pretty easy, will have to find a carry pet configuration.
Last edited by Evis on November 2nd, 2014, 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » November 2nd, 2014, 7:45 am

Lil xt as an opener seems really good. Start with Zap, heartbroken and tympanic tantrum. Then the second pet will be badly hurt and easilly killed next.

Latinblu
Top Rater
Pet Score:3473
Realm:Uldaman-us

Post by Latinblu » November 2nd, 2014, 8:33 am

I actually played around a bit before I came upon

[pet]Crow[/pet] with [ability]squawk[/ability]-[ability]peck[/ability]- 3rd ability didn't matter, and got you killed early.

[pet]Darkmoon Zeppelin[/pet] with [ability]Missile[/ability] - [ability]Bombing Run[/ability] - [ability]Decoy[/ability]

[pet]Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling[/pet] with [ability]Breath[/ability] - [ability]Thunderbolt[/ability] - [ability]Decoy[/ability]

I basically opened up with [pet]Crow[/pet] and used squawk and then peck until Syd killed me

followed up with The [pet]Darkmoon Zeppelin[/pet] and opened with Bombing Run, which kills Syd and brings out Mr Pointy,
I then continue by using decoy and then firing Missile until Bombing Run is off of cool down, then continue with missile, this will kill Mr Pointy and bring out Otto

If your zep is still up use bombing run on Otto and continue with Missile if your survived the first round, do this until you die

Otherwise use [pet]Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling[/pet] and open with Decoy, follow up with Thunderbolt, and then Breath until Otto is dead

Vek
Top Rater
Pet Score:3996

Post by Vek » November 2nd, 2014, 9:33 am

Got it in one try, but did not plan for only two pets.

Warbot
S/S Grassland Cottontail
Clockwork Gnome

1. Warbot - Minefield
2. Switch to Rabbit.
3. Rabbit dodges whirlpool and flurry the Bubble and proceed to kill Syd.
Direhorn eat Minefield and when rabbit dead Warbot come in, puts another minefield and kill the direhorn.
Clockwork cleans up whats left of cow.

Hootstwo
Top Rater
Pet Score:4328
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Hootstwo » November 2nd, 2014, 11:07 am

I think Netherspace Abyssal is the PERFECT pet vs Syd, then I used a Tonk and I had a level 20 Zep that was eager to be leveled. Worked quite nicely. Can't emphasize the Netherspace enough though, it's excellent :)

Jhane
Pet Score:5395
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Jhane » November 2nd, 2014, 11:14 am

>I think P/P would work better

My Bronze Whelpling is P/P, but I couldn't get it to work properly. I think it's due to it being too slow - or I'm doing something wrong.

I used my S/S Nether Faerie Dragon instead. Dodge helped me get two hits on Mr. Pointy, and that hurt him enough so I could use the rest of your strategy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94SSp7Rv7xA

Fadaar
Pet Score:11400
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Fadaar » November 2nd, 2014, 12:11 pm

Luciandk wrote:Lil xt as an opener seems really good. Start with Zap, heartbroken and tympanic tantrum. Then the second pet will be badly hurt and easilly killed next.
Exact same strategy I ended up using, came here afterwards to see if anyone else had the same idea :lol:

Open with Lil' XT

Zap -> Heartbroken -> Typanic Tantrum

It'll probably die before you can finish off Syd

Next pet up is really a toss up since Syd will be very low health and the two beast pets will be around half already. Can play it safe and go with a dragon in case Syd's HP is still high or go right for the mechanical damage pets. I went with a P/P Infinite Whelpling second so I could heal him up a little bit. Another choice is Darkmoon Tonk, toss out Minefield, then finish off Syd assuming the shots don't line up where you have to sit there and peck away at him to get rid of Bubble. Either way second pet can finish off Syd and Mr. Pointy no problem. Damage Otto as much as you can with second pet.

Third pet I used a Skywisp Moth. Call Lightning, Cocoon Strike, then Slicing Wind. Otto was dead at this point with the moth only taking one hit.

Guess I should probably figure out a carry config, still got a lot of pets that aren't 25 yet...

Voskres
Top Rater
Pet Score:10910
BattleTag®:Vosk#1999
Realm:Cenarion Circle-us

Post by Voskres » November 2nd, 2014, 12:18 pm

Wolfson wrote:
Bronze Whelpling (2,1,1) (mine is S/S but I think P/P would work better)
Iron Starlette (1,1,1) (mine is H/S, but I think any breed should work)

Start with the Whelpling, use Fly to avoid his first Whirlpool, Tail Sweep otherwise. Once Syd dies, use Early Advantage the first turn against Mr. Pointy, then Tail Sweep until the Whelpling dies. Bring out the carry pet, then immediately swap to the Starlette. One Powerball, Wind-up, and Wind-up will kill Mr. Pointy. Then Wind-up, Supercharge, and Wind-up will handle Otto.
I used this with a carry and worked like a charm.

It also helped that my carry was finishing off a Gilnean Raven and I used Nevermore when Mr. Pointy only had Horn Gore and he couldn't use it again for a bit, but that is trivial I think.

Wakka
Pet Score:4324
Realm:Sentinels-us

Post by Wakka » November 2nd, 2014, 12:27 pm

Wolfson wrote:It looks like the newest member of the Darkmoon Faire pet team is up with this month's faire, so what teams have you found success with against him to level a carry pet?

After a little experimenting, I was able to get him with a team of, ironically, all post-6.0.2 pets.

I was just trying to take him down tonight with the breeds I have levelled, but I'll see if I can get a clearer idea of which ones work or don't work as I fight him during the rest of the week.
This did work for me with a P/P Whelpling and a P/P Iron Starlette. I think a H/P Starlette may actually turn out to be the safest choice to mitigate RNG. It's a tight fight tho, so one crit by one of his pets probably = fail.

Drudatz
Top Rater
Pet Score:10205
Realm:Kul Tiras-eu

Post by Drudatz » November 2nd, 2014, 1:40 pm

first time I went in, I used my useall DMF Team Fiendish Imp, DAH and Anubis and steamrolled him.
second time i replaced anub with Clockwork Rocket Bot.

PS: Anyone else thinks comapred to his "brother" hes WAY to easy?

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » November 2nd, 2014, 1:56 pm

Drudatz wrote:PS: Anyone else thinks comapred to his "brother" hes WAY to easy?
Yeah, he does seem a lot easier than Jeremy. I had a brain fart while making my team and thought the squid was aquatic, so I put in Jade Owl as my first pet (Sky-Bo and Lil Bling were the other two). Well Jade Owl still took it out easily. Sky-Bo then proceeded to wipe out both the direhorn and cow by itself.

Tsemacow
Pet Score:2970
Realm:Dentarg-us

Post by Tsemacow » November 2nd, 2014, 4:41 pm

Not the most efficient, but I managed to defeat him on the first attempt with a Minfernal (P/S), Dragon Kite, and a Baby Ape (B/B). The fight was close at the end for my Baby Ape, but Call Lightning and Banana Barrage finished off Otto.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » November 2nd, 2014, 5:11 pm

Wolfson wrote:It looks like the newest member of the Darkmoon Faire pet team is up with this month's faire, so what teams have you found success with against him to level a carry pet?

I did this with a P/P Bronze Whelpling and H/H Starlette. I think the S/S Bronze Whelp might actually be better. The direhorn can sometimes cast the shield on the first round (happend to me) and the early advantage doesn't do much. Was tail sweep maxing out on Syd for you with the S/S?
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829