600 Pets, Is It Even Possible for Me?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Dagris
Top Rater
Pet Score:9380
BattleTag®:Dugoth#1259
Realm:Silver Hand-us
Re: 600 Pets, Is It Even Possible for Me?

Post by Dagris » October 31st, 2014, 12:19 pm

Kel wrote:3) Maybe I should get serious about an Illidan alt. I do have some extras of things like baby crocs and maybe a Crawdad or two. My concern is that those pets will also be so low that it won't really net me much in "the big picture". Know what I mean?
Yeah, that was why I focused more on leveling/stoning the more common vendor pets etc. myself, or the raid/rare drop pets once they were farmed to becoming more common instead of selling out of my personally collection. Really, once I had a bit of seed money on Illidan-H, I would just buy the common/uncommon level 1 pets I thought I could flip, run them through my dailies and stone them, and sell them back afterwards at rare/lvl 25 and make 1500-3000 per (generally 5k-10k/day), on an initial investment of a couple hundred gold. Significant profit turnaround without ever having to dip into my own collection at all. Just required time and work, and a bit of attention to what seemed to be in need at the time :) Any extras or the rarer ones I had that I wanted to sell I'd sell on the server with my main to keep the gold where I could use it for gear/etc :)

Ravnhawk
MVP
Pet Score:6534
BattleTag®:ravnhawk#1272
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Ravnhawk » October 31st, 2014, 1:03 pm

I started on Illidan with selling cheap pets. I have so many spirit pets and pandas from doing dailies it wasn't funny. Spirit pets are selling for 400 to 600g at level 1. At level 25 they sell for 1200 to 2k. Not a ton of gold but it's a way to get started making gold there. Pandas at lvl 1 are 900 to 1800 at level 25 2500 or so. Not sure how the crocs sell but make a toon check the ah and you can see what extra pets you have and what yo can sell them for. Level 25's sell for more on most occasions but I've even sold level 25s under the price of a lvl 1 to make gold to buy more pets. Mechanical pandaren dragonlings sell well as well usually for about 1k unstoned 2k for one stoned at lvl 1.

And a hint if you check under Misc then companion pets those pets have not been learned and don't show when searching in Battle pets. So alot of time you can buy the pet under the Misc/Companion pet tab cheaper then buying it under the battle pet tabs. I used to buy pets there then resell for a lot more.

Good luck!

Kel
Pet Score:4788
BattleTag®:TerribleTim#1747
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Kel » October 31st, 2014, 1:26 pm

I guess once WoD hits this won't matter, but on Illidan, is the Horde or Ally side better for AH pets?
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington
http://www.haywire-racing.com

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » October 31st, 2014, 1:39 pm

Kel wrote:I guess once WoD hits this won't matter, but on Illidan, is the Horde or Ally side better for AH pets?
Combined faction AH is already live, has been since 6.0.2. :) That said... if you ever plan on trading gold for pets/cards/services with funds from there, you will want to have it on horde. Illidan is a horde heavy server.

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » October 31st, 2014, 2:38 pm

Personally, at this point I wouldn't start out on Illidan H or another really high pop server like that. Pretty much all of the "rare" pets that used to be hard to find on other servers have been duped and are available pretty regularly on any medium pop or better server. I'd try to pick out two or three medium pop servers that look pretty good as far as having a decent number of pets for sale at reasonable prices but not as flooded as illidan is. Then just buy low and sell high across them to make money. If you are done leveling and stoning the pets you have then you can stone and level pets to get more for them but you can make money just buying low and selling high. Just resist the temptation to buy a pet you need as soon as you have the money for it. You need to have some amount of money to keep buying low and it's frustrating missing out on a deal buying low because you've spent all your money. You can even include your home server as one of those.

What I did was dedicate an alt to my pet trading on my home server. He stores everything and does all the buying and selling. That way I knew that my pets were only coming from my profits from pets. On my other servers that was all I had so it was easy to that money separated.

Kel

Post by Kel » October 31st, 2014, 2:57 pm

Well, on my server the duped TcG pets are still commanding 40k and up. So I gotta go elsewhere if I'm ever going to get any of those.
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington

Trece
Pet Score:13682
Realm:Khadgar-us

Post by Trece » October 31st, 2014, 7:32 pm

I'm sitting comfortably on 579 right now, it's taken a loooooooong time, very much in game currency and probably a few hundred out of pocket to get where I am and I still won't reach 600 by the xpac.

Kel

Post by Kel » November 2nd, 2014, 4:15 pm

Well, after some help from some fellow pet collectors I'm at 510 today. Still a long ways away, but clearly closer. 8-)

Huge thanks to those of you who helped me get closer! Can't thank you enough! 8-)
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington

Profane
Top Rater
Pet Score:4105
BattleTag®:profane#1515
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Profane » November 2nd, 2014, 9:09 pm

Kel wrote:Wow, I was out of state and missed a few days of this thread.

A couple things:
1) I didn't say "get to 600 BEFORE WoD". I know that ain't happening. I'll need WoD to get there if I can at all. I was just shocked when I noticed only 25 pets (26 if you count the one from the Draenor pet achieve).

2) HUGE props to those who said "add my battle tag, I'll be glad to help". You guys are the reason I keep coming back here! Awesome community!

3) Maybe I should get serious about an Illidan alt. I do have some extras of things like baby crocs and maybe a Crawdad or two. My concern is that those pets will also be so low that it won't really net me much in "the big picture". Know what I mean?

Always looking for new friends to talk about pets and help each other out. Unfortunately all my friends I met to do this with have been from this site, and not actually on my server >.< So this site has been a SUPER help in having fun with pets :D

And before you even posted this I was gonna say go ahead and add me, I do my dailies every day, and run a bunch of stuff for mounts every week and subsequently get some pets to drop and a lot of them don't sell for squat on my server and I'd be more then happy to pass them along, I usually do find some newer pet person to pass them to, whether they're in guild or just in general chat :) profane#1515

I definitely think it's possible for you to hit 600 at some point during WoD. I can't spend any RL cash (cause I don't make any) so I'm stuck with whatever I can do in game and I'm at 562 atm (I'll be getting another celestial pet on Tuesday, and hopefully the squid this week >.<). Yea, some of the TCGs and rarer pets are expensive, but you gotta know how to "cheat" the system. For example, I knew that the Hallow's End holiday was bringing TWO new pets, so first thing that Saturday I just went crazy trick-or-treating. I got one of each cat, and posted them on the AH for a ridiculous price. One actually sold, and now I'm sitting on a little bit of gold that I could easily spend on a more "expensive" tcg pet on the AH. Oh, and then there's getting bnet cards from people for the store pets, I've never spent cash on the 6-7 I have :)

I have more tips and stuff once you add me :-p