did they nerf pets or boost nitun?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Echinacea
Pet Score:10214
Realm:Ravencrest-us
did they nerf pets or boost nitun?

Post by Echinacea » October 24th, 2014, 5:11 pm

i cant seem to beat this one after the patch

Pyy
Top Rater
Pet Score:11087
Realm:Barthilas-us

Re: did they nerf pets or boost nitun?

Post by Pyy » October 24th, 2014, 5:27 pm

What team are you using? I remember having good success with Valk/Water Spirit/Chrominius using the 6 round bomb strat, but I'll be honest I haven't done BoF in close to a year now. I'll give him a go when I log in!

If anything, it's probably the changes to hit that are messing you up.

Echinacea

Post by Echinacea » October 24th, 2014, 5:44 pm

ill try that team, got nothing to lose. thanks!

Echinacea

Post by Echinacea » October 24th, 2014, 5:49 pm

that did it! man....i went through 12 bandages trying that one

thanks

edit: and dive missed to boot!

chrominus is really effective as an opener for a lot of BoF, but in this case, if he dies he just feeds the pet....having curse of doom > haunt > dive (which missed) > water jet > howl > surge took him out flat.....chrominus was almost gone though

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » October 24th, 2014, 6:16 pm

Nitun's healing is nullified by the undead racial, so if you can offload some heavy damage from 1 or 2 undead pets, that will help. I use Infected Squirrel (blighted squirrel works as well): dot, stampede, dot, stampede until dead (making sure stampede is the last thing you do) and then bring in something with good multi hits (zandalari with black claw and hunting party are ideal here).

Unfortunately, you are a bit low in the undead department at the moment.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Poofah
Pet Score:4206
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Poofah » October 24th, 2014, 7:27 pm

Echinacea wrote:.having curse of doom > haunt > dive (which missed) > water jet > howl > surge took him out flat....
Try just Geyser, Whirlpool, swap, Howl, Surge of Power. Valk should be superfluous.

Or try Valk/Summit Kid: Doom, Haunt, Chew, Stampede.

The easiest approach for all the BoF is to queue up some damage, then get a 'shattered defenses' debuff on them (Howl, Stampede, Flock, etc).

Beardydan
Pet Score:5027
Realm:Doomhammer-eu

Post by Beardydan » October 25th, 2014, 4:19 am

[pet]Blighted Squirrel[/pet] open with Woodchipper > Stampede > Woodchiper. Somtimes (dpending on crits) a H/P can solo Nitun, the rest of the time any pet with a decent aniti critter attach can finish it.

Echinacea

Post by Echinacea » October 25th, 2014, 9:15 am

Poofah wrote:
Echinacea wrote:.having curse of doom > haunt > dive (which missed) > water jet > howl > surge took him out flat....
Try just Geyser, Whirlpool, swap, Howl, Surge of Power. Valk should be superfluous.
tried that this morning and it went super easy.

i went curse of doom, haunt, geyser, whirlpool, howl, surge of power.....boom.

Gardenvariety
Pet Score:2958
Realm:Burning Legion-us

Post by Gardenvariety » October 25th, 2014, 7:43 pm

I just chip away with undead pets. Mr Bigglesworth is good, since claw does extra damage and after prowl you have the speed edge and can use ice barrier to block his massive hits. Follow it up with Spirit Crab and use whirlpool on the round when you die (first death), then swap in a lvl 24 pet for the final hit + whirlpool to get the bit of xp (I know its terrible xp, but if I'm doing it anyways I hate to waste it).

Waynebrady
Top Rater
Pet Score:13904
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Waynebrady » October 26th, 2014, 10:26 am

I use the P/P Zanaldari Anklerender/Kneebiter/etc guys with Black Claw + Hunting Party. It destroys these beasts of fable (below).

Still works on Nitun, Kawi, Lucky, Skitterer Xi...

Terrorpene15
Pet Score:3398
Realm:Dalaran-us

Post by Terrorpene15 » October 28th, 2014, 5:40 pm

I still take him every single time using Valk and Chrominius.

Aalea
Top Rater

Post by Aalea » October 29th, 2014, 5:16 pm

I use Ghostly Skull
Shadow Slash, Ghostly bite, Unholy ascension.
Lil' K.T
Shadow Slash, Siphon Life, Curse of Doom.

And what ever else undead I want to level. (not that you get much xp) but still helps to know you can kill him with two pets so you can substitute the plushie in the xpac

I use shadow slash till the skulls death round then Unholy Ascension then Ghostly Bite. With K.T I use Curse of Doom then Shadow Slash till death. Sometimes the third pet will come into play but usually Nitun dies on the third pets first round.

I realise a number of people wont have a Lil' K.T but any pet with his abilities will work.

Echinacea

Post by Echinacea » November 3rd, 2014, 9:53 am

yesterday he killed my water sprite twice before i could get the whirlpool and geyser done. the third time i didnt mind, once chrominus uses howl, the whirlpool did better damage so his surge of power finished it off.

until then, the only ability that chrominus used was howl and the next round geyser and whirlpool hit.

Iibis
Pet Score:4297
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Iibis » November 5th, 2014, 7:33 am

Beardydan wrote:[pet]Blighted Squirrel[/pet] open with Woodchipper > Stampede > Woodchiper. Somtimes (dpending on crits) a H/P can solo Nitun, the rest of the time any pet with a decent anti critter attack can finish it.
Thanks! This got me thinking of using Wild Magic & Rot to boost Stampede damage. I grabbed and leveled H/P [pet]Blighted Squirrel[/pet] & [pet]Infected Squirrel[/pet] both to test it out, since I do BoF dailies on lvl 3 alts that don't have bandages, and want to use different teams for them to quickly log in & out without needing to heal...

I tested both with [pet]Sen'jin Fetish[/pet] & [pet]Voodoo Figurine[/pet], and I basically did some damage them and then aimed to use [ability]Wild Magic [/ability]just before dying (not that difficult to predict or you can just spam wild magic), and then [ability]Rot[/ability] in the last round to buff Stampede. After that just pick a Squirrel and [ability]Stampede[/ability] and Nitun dies. That's the safe option.

Trying to make it quicker, I tested also pet swapping doing simply [ability]Wild Magic [/ability]-> [ability]Rot [/ability]-> [ability]Stampede[/ability] and that also worked well both with Voodoo FIgurine & H/P Blighted Squirrel (the pair with lowest power) and Fetish / Infected Squirrel. There is one scenario I encountered where the squirrel won't kill Nitun and that's when Nitun does Rake -> Prowl -> Ravage#1 and if Ravage#2 kills your squirrel before first round of Stampede, you can't kill Nitun. It's rare, but if that happens, it would be safer to take the big hit from Ravage with your Fetish/Figurine.

TLDR; I'll be using Sen'jin Fetish and Infected Squirrel, as they have more power than Voodoo Figurine and Blighted Squirrel, and will be doing just Wild Magic -> Rot -> Stampede. :)

Tallynus
Pet Score:12407
Realm:Wrathbringer-eu

Post by Tallynus » November 5th, 2014, 3:17 pm

I use [pet]Unborn Val'kyr[/pet] + [pet]Infected Squirrel[/pet] (works really great because he cant heal on undead Pets)

1. [ability]Doom[/ability]
2. [ability]Haunt[/ability]
3. swap in Squirrel and use [ability]Rabid-strike[/ability]
4. [ability]Stampede[/ability]
5. Enemy takes 150% bonus damage, Doom hits for over 1k and kills.

Works on every Legendary that is not Water type [exept Gorespine]

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » November 5th, 2014, 5:05 pm

Waynebrady wrote:I use the P/P Zanaldari Anklerender/Kneebiter/etc guys with Black Claw + Hunting Party. It destroys these beasts of fable (below).

Still works on Nitun, Kawi, Lucky, Skitterer Xi...
This. I love my lil Zandalari crew.

They're also good for Zao in the CT too. :)

Kel
Pet Score:4788
BattleTag®:TerribleTim#1747

Post by Kel » November 5th, 2014, 5:24 pm

Graven wrote:. . . I love my lil Zandalari crew.

They're also good for Zao in the CT too. :)
Yup, i love them for Zao!

I did switch to an Undead team for Nitun. NO HEALZ FOR YOU!!! :lol:
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington
http://www.haywire-racing.com