Average pet level?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Amaranta
Pet Score:12672
Realm:Emerald Dream-us
Average pet level?

Post by Amaranta » October 25th, 2014, 3:45 pm

I don't get to play too often so not a lot of my pets have been through this, but I've been thinking, wouldn't it be better to just level all my lowest level pets (that would be worth it) each day rather than painstakingly get them to 25 one at a time?

Especially since I missed a lot of the time where you could duel the same trainer repeatedly by just abandoning the quest...

But my thought is, rather than getting a level after three or four fights, at first you could be getting five levels from one pet.

Obviously this would plateau once you get all your pets into the double digits if it even works in the first place.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Re: Average pet level?

Post by Peanutty » October 25th, 2014, 3:55 pm

I know there's folks here who are great at math and can numerically optimize what you should do, especially if you're aiming to raise the average pet level of your collection on WCP. But IMO, you should do it in whatever way makes sense to you. Some people don't like seeing a lot of level 1s in their collection. In that case, level a whole lot of 1s at a time. Other people want to see as many 25s as possible. In that case, aim to max out each pet before going to the next.

If I recall, when I started working on leveling my entire stable, I set smaller, frequent goals for myself, i.e. get all level 1s to level 4, get all to level 9. Once I got to about that point I'd then focus on two or three each day and push them to 25.

Amaranta
Pet Score:12672
Realm:Emerald Dream-us

Post by Amaranta » October 25th, 2014, 4:42 pm

My initial response what get all cats and dragons to level 25, but that's left me severely underdeveloped in the flying department. Not counting all the duplicate fliers I have like 5 or 6 unique ones... oops.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » October 25th, 2014, 5:54 pm

That's ok, when I first started I only leveled Mechanicals... you can imagine what happened the first time I faced a trainer with strong Elementals. :o

To make your life easier yes, you should try to spread out your leveling efforts amongst different families of pets and within that, pets with different movesets. You never know when some random pet will suddenly come in handy!

Topaz
Pet Score:4045
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Topaz » October 26th, 2014, 1:23 pm

Amaranta wrote:I don't get to play too often so not a lot of my pets have been through this, but I've been thinking, wouldn't it be better to just level all my lowest level pets (that would be worth it) each day rather than painstakingly get them to 25 one at a time?

Especially since I missed a lot of the time where you could duel the same trainer repeatedly by just abandoning the quest...

But my thought is, rather than getting a level after three or four fights, at first you could be getting five levels from one pet.

Obviously this would plateau once you get all your pets into the double digits if it even works in the first place.
this is exactly what I've been doing, unless I'm lvling a pet to 25 in order to check fight with it i'm raising my blue pets. with pet treats and the safari hat you get from 1 to 13, 13 to 17 and from 17 to 19. this method gets you a much higher average pet lvl at much faster rate than lvling pets to 25 one at a time.