Selling pets after collecting,does it count for the Achieve?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Vampguard
Pet Score:2403
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us
Selling pets after collecting,does it count for the Achieve?

Post by Vampguard » October 23rd, 2014, 9:02 pm

I have collected about 458 pets so far working my way towards the 600 achievement, sometimes if I buy or get a rare pet I don't really want but that sells for a lot after collecting it I will often put it in a cage and sell it. Recently I got two pets, both of which I have never collected before, Tideskipper and Pandaren Fire Spirit, I noticed that my achievement progress stayed the same at 458/600. Do I need to actually keep the pets after collecting them or is something just screwing up? Thanks

Wakamaru
MVP
Pet Score:12165
BattleTag®:Wakamaru#1375
Realm:Bladefist-us

Re: Selling pets after collecting,does it count for the Achi

Post by Wakamaru » October 23rd, 2014, 9:14 pm

In order to reach the achievement, you need to keep the pets. Once you HAVE the achievement, you can get rid of them.
@TamerWakamaru

Dakaf
MVP
Pet Score:6003
BattleTag®:Dakaf#1332
Realm:Dawnbringer-us

Post by Dakaf » October 24th, 2014, 6:19 pm

Wakamaru wrote:In order to reach the achievement, you need to keep the pets. Once you HAVE the achievement, you can get rid of them.
This is correct. It's also how I do the "rent to own" option for my friends for the raiding with leashes and crazy cat lady achivements. Borrow the pets required, get the achievement pet and trade them back to the person lending them.
<Kings and Queens> Alliance on Dawnbringer
-pet collecting OCD

Wakamaru
MVP
Pet Score:12165
BattleTag®:Wakamaru#1375
Realm:Bladefist-us

Post by Wakamaru » October 25th, 2014, 1:15 am

Dakaf wrote:This is correct. It's also how I do the "rent to own" option for my friends for the raiding with leashes and crazy cat lady achivements. Borrow the pets required, get the achievement pet and trade them back to the person lending them.
I do the same thing here for friends and new collector's. It was originally done for me back when I needed a [pet]Coilfang Stalker[/pet] to complete my achievement.
@TamerWakamaru