Team Up!

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Faery
Pet Score:263
Realm:Destromath-us
Team Up!

Post by Faery » December 4th, 2012, 12:04 pm

I'm currently leveling up a team consisting of Mini Diablo, Anubisath Idol, and Mechanical Yeti. All 3 of them have weather effects, so I've nicknamed them the "Channel 5 Weather Team". I'm curious to what other people have created and how they came up with them. Maybe a theme? Multi pet combos? Please share!

Zaelo
Pet Score:5086
Realm:Vek'nilash-us

Re: Team Up!

Post by Zaelo » December 4th, 2012, 12:47 pm

Mmm, interesting combo. Not sure having 3 pets with 3 different weather effects is great though?
But I'd love to discuss further about team combinations! :)

Here are some of my combos, I'll try to find them names as I write them lol:

Team Unkillable
- Magical Crawdad
- Molten Hatchling
- Terrible Turnip
Note: Make sure to keep Sunny Day up with the Turnip, and use it to do team heals. Crawdad will have 2800 HP with a Wish heal that can be used on any of the three, on top of his damage reduction. Hatchling takes care of keeping herself alive, but having a bigger health pool helps with that a lot, thanks to Sunny Day. Good luck taking this team down.

Team Deepfreeze
- Tiny Snowman
- Kun-Lai Runt
- Kun-Lai Runt
Note: Use Snowman to keep Blizzard up, chilling targets. Use both Runts to deal massive DPS. All 3 pets have Deep Freeze, which has 100% chance to stun if target is chilled. This is a really annoying team to take on.

Team Pandaren Spirits
- Pandaren Water Spirit
- Pandaren Air Spirit
- Pandaren Thundering Spirit
Note: Being 3 elementals, aquatic pets will be good against this team, but the Air Spirit is there to take care of those as he deals more damage to aquatics. Water is there to take on elementals that deal lots of damage. Thundering is there to piss the other guy off LOL.

Team Incinerator
- Fel Flame
- Phoenix Hatchling
- Dark Phoenix Hatchling
Note: Keep Scorched Earth up to make sure enemy pets are considered Burning, and each pet here has abilities that deal extra damage vs burning pets. Have fun destroying pets in the other team in a couple minutes.

Team Destroy
- Fluxfire Feline
- Fluxfire Feline
- Snail
Note: the Fluxfire Feline deals tremendous damage, but can be taken down fast by elementals, hence the presence of a snail in there, which are particularly efficient vs elementals. Magical Crawdad would be an interesting choice for the 3rd spot as well, on top of having Surge (low damage but good against Elementals) and being able to tank really well, he can throw a Wish on one of your Fluxfire Feline once in a while.

Faery
Pet Score:263
Realm:Destromath-us

Post by Faery » December 4th, 2012, 5:45 pm

Ooh, great combos you have there. My next venture is to build a healing team, and a good all around team.

Puluz
Pet Score:10206
Realm:Darksorrow-eu

Post by Puluz » December 4th, 2012, 6:13 pm

thanks for the team suggestions, was very helpful! :)

Mikk
Pet Score:1792
Realm:Jubei'Thos-us

Post by Mikk » December 5th, 2012, 3:14 am

I have a warlock team.

Minfernal
Eye of the Legion
Gregarious Grell

If only I could get the Kirin Tor familiar. (and have 4 pets in a team lol)

Saa
Pet Score:2681
Realm:Defias Brotherhood-eu

Post by Saa » December 5th, 2012, 3:27 am

Current team is

-Blighthawk (hits like a frikkin truck and can fly high)
-Corefire Imp (can attack first, has cauterize and his 9 round debuff still hits when he's on the back rank)
-Magical Crawdad (aquatic for elemental bashing plus Wish)

Imp out first for the debuff then pull him back for the Blighthawk. Blighthawk flys high followed by his huge hitter.
This usually means 'dead enemy pet' right from the outset. Juggling the Blighthawks stun and subsequent damage taken using wish to heal him or getting the imp out for a little sustained damage and cauterize to keep the imp happy during cooldowns. It's situational but it works for me. The imps debuff cripples mech pets and I love the fact that it lasts 9 rounds and works while he's on the back rank.

Saa

Zaelo

Post by Zaelo » December 5th, 2012, 12:52 pm

Faery wrote:Ooh, great combos you have there. My next venture is to build a healing team, and a good all around team.
Thank you!

About healing teams though.. I had tried that in my beginnings.. I believe I was playing with:
- Magical Crawdad
- Terrible Turnip
- Singing Sunflower

Was consdering switching one of them for a Skunk, to add more AoE heal, but eventually realized it wasn't working well at all >.<
Makes fights way too long, and if you fight pets that deal good damage, it's just a waste of time to run after all your heal spells.. you can keep yourself alive but barely ever have a chance to deal damage back. :/

In PVP battles, I think a healing team would be pretty terrible as well, since a lot of PVP pet tamers use very high damage pets like Bats and Fel Flame and Fluxfire Feline.. it's pretty impossible to keep yourself healed against some of those..
The more it goes, the more I'm going away from healers and moving torwards really heavy hitters or interesting combos

Hellomynameis
Pet Score:2162
Realm:Shattered Hand-eu

Post by Hellomynameis » December 5th, 2012, 1:32 pm

Zaelo wrote:In PVP battles, I think a healing team would be pretty terrible as well, since a lot of PVP pet tamers use very high damage pets like Bats and Fel Flame and Fluxfire Feline.. it's pretty impossible to keep yourself healed against some of those..
The more it goes, the more I'm going away from healers and moving torwards really heavy hitters or interesting combos
I just got an idea from reading your post. What about a magic pet(will take max 40% of their hp per attack) with selfheal capabilities, backed up by Wish from magical crawdad? :) Feeling a huge hit coming? Swap to the magical pet, feeling safe for a round or two, throw a Wish on the magical pet. Disgusting Oozling would be the one I can think of at the moment.

Team:
Magical Crawdad w/Wish
Disgusting Oozeling w/Absorb+Corrosion+Acidic Goo
??

Zaelo

Post by Zaelo » December 5th, 2012, 1:45 pm

Hellomynameis wrote: I just got an idea from reading your post. What about a magic pet(will take max 40% of their hp per attack) with selfheal capabilities, backed up by Wish from magical crawdad? :) Feeling a huge hit coming? Swap to the magical pet, feeling safe for a round or two, throw a Wish on the magical pet. Disgusting Oozling would be the one I can think of at the moment.

Team:
Magical Crawdad w/Wish
Disgusting Oozeling w/Absorb+Corrosion+Acidic Goo
??
Hahah writting my post made me think of something similar, and that is the Magic Lamp is absolutely awesome.
She's Magic, so she has that 40% of its HP max passive, plus she also has Wish :D

So yeah, just to benifit from those Wish to a maximum, why not give them a Sunny Day and increase their max HP by 50%, on top of increasing heal effects?

Team Wishes
- Any pet able to keep up Sunny Day weather and heal itself (turnip? sunflower?)
- Magical Crawdad
- Magic Lamp
Note: there, you get 2 pets with a wish that can heal for like 1500-2000 lol and who can use it on each other
Would still make fights quite long though, considering the low damage output
Note 2 (edit): Did not realize how strong this can be. The Crawdad, with his damage reduction, ignores any damage below 70, which means he's perfect against pets that deal DoTs and have multi-attacks. The Lamp is exactly the opposite, with his passive he can't be hit for more than 40% of his health in a single hit, so he's best fit to handle heavy hitters. They complete each other very well, on top of both having Wish. Definitely a team to try at some point.

It's not related to this, but I was also thinking of another potentially fun team:

Team Life Leech
- Restless Shadeling (or any pet with Plagued Blood)
- Oily Slimeling (or any ooze I think)
- Molten Hatchling
Note: All 3 pets leech life, for one. But that's not all. One keeps Plagued Blood up, making all of your pets leech more life with each strike. The Ooze also has abilities that increase damage taken, increasing the ammount of damage/life leech of those leeching abilities. This has got to be an annoying team to take down too XD
But it might be a bit tricky to maximize your Plagued Blood and increased damage taken debuffs without always swapping pets.. definitely worth a shot though ;)
Last edited by Zaelo on December 5th, 2012, 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hellomynameis

Post by Hellomynameis » December 5th, 2012, 2:06 pm

Zaelo wrote:Hahah writting my post made me think of something similar, and that is the Magic Lamp is absolutely awesome.
She's Magic, so she has that 40% of its HP max passive, plus she also has Wish :D
Doh! Of course :) much better!

I toyed with another idea the other day, Restless Shadeling buff that heals those who attack that target, Creepy Crate(or other pets who can force a swap) to swap pets to be able to apply the debuff to two pets at once(actually, against tamers, you only need to stun a pet, and they will most likely swap pet themselves), and a third aoe pet that does multiple attack on each target, like Peddlefeet or something. I have not tried it, but if it works it might be fun and loads of healing to the aoe pet. :P

Zaelo

Post by Zaelo » December 5th, 2012, 2:17 pm

Ooh an AoE team, that's interesting too!
I dont usually like AoE attacks, cause they take so long to take the active pet down, but with a team full of AoE it could be interesting! Especially if they have a mean to keep themselves alive long enough.
I'm thinking Terrible Turnip, Personal World Destroyer and Pandaren Water Spirit all have an AoE + a self-heal, but there may be better options out there.

As for the plagued blood + creepy crate + aoe, it sounds interesting too but I fail to see how it would work... Plagued Blood only lasts 5 rounds, there's no way you can manage to apply it on 2 pets, force the enemy to switch pets at least once, and have your 3rd pet with AoE out before the first Plagued Blood expires :(

Zaelo

Post by Zaelo » December 5th, 2012, 2:51 pm

Hey I saw your post :P why did you remove it? loll
I was about to reply the following:

The only AoE the Creepy Crate has is the BONESTORM (that is for some reason written all in Caps, thought that was funny), but it hurts you as well, so not sure it's all that great..?

Giant Bone Spider has Death Grip and Siphon Life.
I wonder if alternating between those two abilities continuously would be a good strategy?
She also has a DoT, so maybe apply Siphon Life, then DoT, then force-swap; rinse and repeat.
I dunno, the DoT is only 2 rounds, Siphon Life only 3, not sure it's worth it.
I've yet to see that one drop anyway, but I'll get it soon..

Hellomynameis

Post by Hellomynameis » December 5th, 2012, 3:02 pm

Zaelo wrote:Hey I saw your post :P why did you remove it? loll
lol, well I made a brainfart, so I thought it best to clear the air before anyone could smell it. :)

Round 1: apply buff
Round 2: swap own pets
Round 3: force swap
Round 4: swap own pets
Round 5: apply buff
Round 6: swap own pets and first buff disapates
Round 7: ready to aoe..but..there is only one buff up

So you were right. Even with the force-swap pet and AoE pet all in one, it won't work. :cry:

Zaelo

Post by Zaelo » December 5th, 2012, 3:11 pm

Hellomynameis wrote:So you were right. Even with the force-swap pet and AoE pet all in one, it won't work. :cry:
Lol for the brain fart XD

Actually how about Cyclone? It's not an AoE ability like most, but it does affect potentially more than one pet per round, and for 5 rounds. You could cast it first and then go apply your Plagued Blood. Your inactive flyer would get some heals thrown his way while he's waiting for his next turn. Still gets too complicated/long to force-swamp AND keep Plagued Blood up though :/ but Cyclone + Plagued Blood could be an interesting combination.

Jrshoe
Pet Score:3509
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Jrshoe » December 5th, 2012, 6:05 pm

I have a few ideas for theme teams.

Druids Gone Wild :

Cinder Kitten
Moonkin Hatchling
Ruby Sapling

All In The Family :

Lil' Deathwing
Onyxian Whelpling
Dark Whelpling

Face Wrath :

This team is actually based off pet names. I have named all of my pets, and a good portion of them are named after guild members.

Zaelo

Post by Zaelo » December 6th, 2012, 3:19 pm

Jrshoe wrote:Druids Gone Wild :

Cinder Kitten
Moonkin Hatchling
Ruby Sapling
That one cracked me up XDD cute idea!
Probably a pretty good team too

Darkke
Top Rater
Pet Score:7826
Realm:Daggerspine-us

Post by Darkke » December 7th, 2012, 2:34 pm

While we're talking about AOE, let me point out [pet]Lil' XT[/pet]. He has a move that makes him take 50% more damage the next turn, but if he takes damage, his damage output is doubled for two turns (three if he's slower than the enemy pet).

When you combine that with his tantrum move, he's doing about 450 damage to the active pet and 230 to the back pets each turn for three turns, discounting strengths/weaknesses.

The biggest problem, if he doesn't get hit, you don't get the buff. Also, elementals will tear him apart. He might fit in nicely with a "wish" team, or a restless shadeling team

Cheeser
Pet Score:1464
Realm:Talnivarr-eu

Post by Cheeser » December 7th, 2012, 4:21 pm

lil DW - Panda- ghostly skull: cast darkness to improve 1000 fists and the high miss chance ability for ghostly skull, plus they're all beasts on their own.
mr. wiggles - lil deathwing - ghostly skull: somewhat the same except you use wiggles to make cataclysm hit, then you use darkness to improve ghostly skull
Wild golden hatchling/restless shadeling - clockwork gnome - flayer youngling: storm up with wild golden and pwn, or put the heal on hit with restless.

I got a ton of more teams that I can put up later, got so many 25s now :D

Rhox
Realm:Skywall-us

Post by Rhox » December 8th, 2012, 8:38 am

Darkke wrote:While we're talking about AOE, let me point out [pet]Lil' XT[/pet]. He has a move that makes him take 50% more damage the next turn, but if he takes damage, his damage output is doubled for two turns (three if he's slower than the enemy pet).

When you combine that with his tantrum move, he's doing about 450 damage to the active pet and 230 to the back pets each turn for three turns, discounting strengths/weaknesses.

The biggest problem, if he doesn't get hit, you don't get the buff. Also, elementals will tear him apart. He might fit in nicely with a "wish" team, or a restless shadeling team
I have been looking for a team that can utilize little XT, that might do the trick, thank you.

Have you used the pet much yourself? If so, do you have any other pets to utilize it? I was thinking a machine heavy team with something with Rebuild like Anodized Robo Cub or Robo-Chick, and Clockwork Gnome.

Mykro9
MVP
Pet Score:4355
BattleTag®:mykro9#1585
Realm:Darrowmere-us

Post by Mykro9 » December 8th, 2012, 9:57 am

These are all wonderful ideas, and I wanted to post so I could come back to it later.
Lil Deathwing w/ call darkness that blinds pets
lantern w/ light as light does 2x while blinded
and/or a pair of bats or other birds with nocturnal strike as it has a high miss chance unless blinded, and hits hard, but has a 3 round cooldown.
mykro9#1585