Questions about Moth Balls + Uncanny Luck + Call Lightening

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Arrianya
Pet Score:2314
Realm:Moonglade-eu
Questions about Moth Balls + Uncanny Luck + Call Lightening

Post by Arrianya » October 23rd, 2014, 6:55 am

Hi everyone!
I have a few questions about the combination of these abilities
1: I heard that the Uncanny Luck + Moth Balls combination was bugged and did not work. Is this true, and if so, has the bug been fixed yet?

2: Does the total additional dmg from Lightening Storm apply to each attack or each round? For example: If the Storm says "Does 16 additional dmg" and the Moth Ball hits 4 times, does it then do 4, 4, 4, 4 extra dmg, for a total of 16 extra dmg, or does it do, 16, 16, 16, 16 extra dmg for a total of 64 extra dmg?

3: Does any other pets have an ability that is similar to Uncanny Luck?

4: What do you guys think about this triple combo. Are there other, even more efficient abilities to combine with these? I heard about an ability called Tympanic Tantrum?

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Re: Questions about Moth Balls + Uncanny Luck + Call Lighten

Post by Luciandk » October 23rd, 2014, 8:00 am

The damage of Call Lightning is added to each hit, so it really shines with multihit attacks. Im just 4 pets shorts of getting [pet]Stormwing[/pet], as it packs Call Lightning, Flock and Quills. Flock is a stampede type move with 3 hits per round, as well double damage debuff. Call Lightning will be added to each hit, then doubled once the debuff kicks in.

Klaital
Pet Score:4516
Realm:The Sha'tar-eu

Post by Klaital » October 23rd, 2014, 8:04 am

Hit chance modifiers (both positive and negative) only apply to the first hit of any multi hit attacks, the rest use their default hit chance, so for example with moth balls, the +hit chance from uncanny luck would only apply to the first ball, the other three use their default hit chance of 50%, this goes other way too, like if your pet is affected by blinding poison (-100% hit chance) that also would only make the first ball miss, the other three would have the regular 50% hit chance once again.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » October 23rd, 2014, 4:32 pm

Arrianya wrote:Hi everyone!
I have a few questions about the combination of these abilities
1: I heard that the Uncanny Luck + Moth Balls combination was bugged and did not work. Is this true, and if so, has the bug been fixed yet?
The reasoning for this was described above. However, this is not a bug. It's intentional. It used to affect all hits, but was change specifically to counter the type of scenario you described.
Arrianya wrote: 3: Does any other pets have an ability that is similar to Uncanny Luck?
Lots of pets do, though in different forms and not all are exactly the same. Nimbus provides 20% hit for 9 rounds, Rain dance provides 50% hit and crit for 2. If you use some of the search tools here a lot of pets do have this type of buff.
Arrianya wrote: 4: What do you guys think about this triple combo. Are there other, even more efficient abilities to combine with these? I heard about an ability called Tympanic Tantrum?
Look for lil XT or landro's XT for Tympanic Tantrum.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » October 23rd, 2014, 5:00 pm

Stormwing looks absolutely brutal against beasts. Call lighting will hit fairly hard to start off with and flock will destory them with multiple call lighting procs and the debuff. On top of that they will be taking reduced damage from beast attacks.

Hootstwo
Top Rater
Pet Score:4328
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Hootstwo » October 23rd, 2014, 5:42 pm

Klaital wrote:Hit chance modifiers (both positive and negative) only apply to the first hit of any multi hit attacks, the rest use their default hit chance, so for example with moth balls, the +hit chance from uncanny luck would only apply to the first ball, the other three use their default hit chance of 50%, this goes other way too, like if your pet is affected by blinding poison (-100% hit chance) that also would only make the first ball miss, the other three would have the regular 50% hit chance once again.
Wow, this is great to know. As soon as you mention this it makes total sense, but I've never read this before (that I recall).