Lesser charms nerf?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Beardydan
Pet Score:5027
Realm:Doomhammer-eu
Lesser charms nerf?

Post by Beardydan » October 15th, 2014, 11:37 am

So far today I've done the Celestial Tourny, Dos Ryga, Kafi, Earth & Air spirits and Yon. 0 Lesser charms that wernt quest rewards.
Anyone else not getting them from Trainer/Fable battles.
Not checked wild pets yet either.

Add Burning, seeker & ti'un to the no charms list.

Also were the beasts of fable allways lvl 24, I'm sure i remember them being 25's and Pet biscuits & Mini-Treats are Boa Now?

Kel
Pet Score:4788
BattleTag®:TerribleTim#1747
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Re: Lesser charms nerf?

Post by Kel » October 15th, 2014, 11:54 am

Beardydan wrote:. . .
Also were the beasts of fable allways lvl 24, I'm sure i remember them being 25's and Pet biscuits & Mini-Treats are Boa Now?
I thought the BoF were all lvl25 too.

I thought the biscuits and mini treats were BoA before?
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington
http://www.haywire-racing.com

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » October 15th, 2014, 12:57 pm

The treats were already BoA. I've mailed them cross servers and cross faction before.

Beardydan

Post by Beardydan » October 15th, 2014, 2:53 pm

Cant log in atm but ive now done most of them and got no charms. :(

Oh and Lucky Yi is lvl 23

Pushingravity
Pet Score:2455
BattleTag®:Relentless#1888
Realm:Turalyon-us

Post by Pushingravity » October 15th, 2014, 8:49 pm

I have leveled 3 pets from 7ish to 25 in the wild(lvl 23-25 battles) and haven't gotten a single lesser charm from world battles either :(

Beardydan

Post by Beardydan » October 16th, 2014, 3:43 am

Managed to log back in this morning, yay, now im not getting credit for the remaining BoF & i cant abandon the quests.

Okay, this just go wierder. My alt on Doomhammer sees Greyhoof as lvl 25 & gets credit for the kill but my alt on Magtheridon saw him as 24 & dident. WTF?

Hermy
Top Rater
Pet Score:10379
BattleTag®:Hermy#1783
Realm:Aman'Thul-us

Post by Hermy » October 16th, 2014, 5:33 am

The treats/biscuits weren't always BOA, and the BoF were definitely Level 25 before! I haven't done them all yet since the patch, but Lucky Yi is down to Level 23. :shock:

Siegaplays
Pet Score:10055
Realm:Gnomeregan-us

Post by Siegaplays » October 17th, 2014, 5:38 pm

They definitly did a ninja nerf on lesser charms drops down to not giving any at all. I simply do not get why they could not have waited with that move until the release of WoD. They pretty much made getting lesser charms for upgrades a kill grind - or a hunt for unrewarding repeatable quests :cry:

Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Kendrah » October 17th, 2014, 11:13 pm

They might be planning on introducing a new form of currency to replace the lesser charms. They do tend to do that but you don't get them until the expac hits.

Polygasms
Top Rater
Pet Score:4331
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us

Post by Polygasms » October 18th, 2014, 12:24 am

They stealthed nerfed lesser charms from wild pet battles. All day farm, not one charm!
I should have stocked up on my alts pre patch. :(

Kel
Pet Score:4788
BattleTag®:TerribleTim#1747
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Kel » October 18th, 2014, 11:01 am

Ok, thought I'd add my findings to this.

Today I did the Pandaria loop to level a pet; Hyuna, Whispering, Yon, Fire Spirit, Zuushi, Water Spirit. I received 2 lesser charms from each battle and ended up with one stone and a water spirit. My pet did not regain full HP at each level though.
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington
http://www.haywire-racing.com

Hootstwo
Top Rater
Pet Score:4328
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Hootstwo » October 18th, 2014, 11:05 pm

I guess I just don't spend my lessers like some of you do. My main has just short of 12000 lesser charms.

Terrorpene15
Pet Score:3398
Realm:Dalaran-us

Post by Terrorpene15 » October 21st, 2014, 7:59 am

well yeah its easy with 12,000 to sit there content with how it is

the problem is battles with wild pets would give 5-6 a battle. now we get ZERO. or two from a trainer. that makes it so none of us will be able to really get a lot of them.

I had a couple thousand, and have gone through them quickly, have 1k left, and just based off not getting them in wild pet battles, I will be running out very quickly into expansion if they don't introduce a new "charm" or currency.

Rendigar
MVP
Pet Score:10321
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Rendigar » October 21st, 2014, 8:30 am

There is a new pet currency in the xpac (I forget the name off-hand, "Pet Charms" maybe?), and I bet the reason they made the change to the lesser charms drop rate was because now they are used for upgrading gear at your faction shrine (50 lesser charms per upgrade, instead of 250 valor points). Now people will have to do dailies to get their charms for gear upgrades - assuming there will be any reason to upgrade Pandaria-level gear once WoD lands (which there really wont be, except for twinks, if anyone even bothers with that anymore).

Magnuscalgar
Pet Score:4221
Realm:Gorgonnash-us

Post by Magnuscalgar » October 21st, 2014, 8:57 am

The drop rate on charms for bet battle was a bit silly to be honest, they now drop a lot more from PvE kills though. Farming timeless isle can net you about 500 an hour.

Hootstwo
Top Rater
Pet Score:4328
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Hootstwo » October 21st, 2014, 8:12 pm

Rendigar wrote:There is a new pet currency in the xpac (I forget the name off-hand, "Pet Charms" maybe?), and I bet the reason they made the change to the lesser charms drop rate was because now they are used for upgrading gear at your faction shrine (50 lesser charms per upgrade, instead of 250 valor points). Now people will have to do dailies to get their charms for gear upgrades - assuming there will be any reason to upgrade Pandaria-level gear once WoD lands (which there really wont be, except for twinks, if anyone even bothers with that anymore).
See now, this is interesting! I didn't know that you could use them to upgrade gear! Thanks for letting me know!

Rendigar
MVP
Pet Score:10321
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Rendigar » October 21st, 2014, 9:41 pm

Hootstwo wrote:See now, this is interesting! I didn't know that you could use them to upgrade gear! Thanks for letting me know!
Oh yes, I spent around 2k upgrading everything I hadn't before I stopped playing 8+ months ago, and still had > 10k left over...