6.0.2 and wild pets...something wrong?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Refactor
Top Rater
Pet Score:3617
BattleTag®:Refactor#1436
Realm:Zuluhed-us
6.0.2 and wild pets...something wrong?

Post by Refactor » October 15th, 2014, 5:08 pm

Hi all. Just curious if anyone else is noticing something weird with wild pets in this new patch. Basically, every wild pet is showing up with the same stats, over and over and over. I tried to hunt for a rare Venomsplitter Hatchling, and every time the breed & stats showed up the same, yet it doesn't match any of the breeds listed here on WCP. I then went and looked at other wild pets...sure enough, every one is the same, and doesn't match any of the listed breeds. What is going on??

Zairyblackhand
Pet Score:4253
Realm:Blackhand-us

Re: 6.0.2 and wild pets...something wrong?

Post by Zairyblackhand » October 15th, 2014, 7:57 pm

I'm so frustrated. I've been battling wild pets all afternoon (I've leveled 2 pets to 25) and haven't seen a single rare pet. Lots of uncommon, but not a single rare. That has never happened. What is going on? Is anyone else having this problem?

Pushingravity
Pet Score:2455
BattleTag®:Relentless#1888
Realm:Turalyon-us

Post by Pushingravity » October 15th, 2014, 8:55 pm

Same here, I also haven't seen a single lesser charm drop from a world battle, and I think that the experience was nerfed a bit too. :(

Refactor
Top Rater

Post by Refactor » October 15th, 2014, 9:26 pm

Yes, these are exactly the problems I'm talking about. Every pet is either uncommon or poor quality, but they have different heath / speed / power stats then what they are supposed to have (ie - breeds that are not listed... and these are old world pets!). Not a single rare, and I don't think even a single common quality. I did receive a flawless critter stone, but did not see the charms drop either. There is nothing I can find in the patch notes that mentions any changes like this to pet battles. Kind of reassuring is not just me. I'll just assume it's broken for now. :(

Malisent
Pet Score:4177
Realm:Whisperwind-us

Post by Malisent » October 16th, 2014, 8:04 am

Yeah, it's very frustrating, as working on pets was my main plan while waiting for WoD.

There is a bug report thread to post on. I can't post a link because I have not posted here enough, but if you go to the bug report forum, search 'Battle Pet Spawn' and then sort the results by date, you'll find the thread. Hopefully someone else can add the link too :)

Refactor
Top Rater

Post by Refactor » October 16th, 2014, 8:41 am

Ok, I now see a couple of bug reports on the official Blizzard forums, and will add my voice to those. Thanks for pointing this out!

I was also planning to finish my rare upgrade captures during the lull before WoD, and am bummed I can't do so now. Oh well...I'm sure it'll get fixed......eventually.............. :|

Averalorax
Pet Score:5954
Realm:Drenden-us

Post by Averalorax » October 16th, 2014, 9:52 am

I was glad to see that others have the same problem. I was battling last night trying to raise some and capture the few remaining not yet caught, and finding uncommon but no rares. I didn't think too much of it except that maybe I would still win with my massively unbalanced team, but for collection purposes it wasn't ideal.

Wakamaru
MVP
Pet Score:12165
BattleTag®:Wakamaru#1375
Realm:Bladefist-us

Post by Wakamaru » October 17th, 2014, 2:03 am

I've been leveling pets all evening and have run in to this same issue. Really hope it's fixed soon!

Edit: 3:15 a.m. EST, just found my first rare after nearly 5 hours of leveling.

Edit2: 7:30 a.m. EST, second rare.

Lordy what a time gap! I started leveling pets last night at 10pm EST. These two time markers are the only rares I've seen.
Last edited by Wakamaru on October 17th, 2014, 7:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
@TamerWakamaru

Chi
Top Rater
Pet Score:4178
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Chi » October 17th, 2014, 5:06 am

I've been leveling for pets for the last couple of days.... probably 6-9 hours battling time. Still not a single rare since 6.0 came out....

Nat123
Pet Score:1180
Realm:Kilrogg-us

Post by Nat123 » October 17th, 2014, 3:33 pm

I am glad I found this post, me and my husband have been having the same issues. We have just gotten into pet battling, and we where spending hours and hours on it before the patch, then patch comes around and we are finding that wild pets must be bugged, we never see rares close to what we used to, and most of the time the wild pets we battle in a zone are all the same breed and rarity. This is very frustrating, I spent hours and hours looking for a rare leopard tree frog, they are everywhere but all I get is the same breed and mostly always uncommon with a few poor after going trough more then a 100 of them, never found my rare. That just did not happen before the patch. My husband submitted a ticked and talked to a GM about it, the GM seemed to not be aware of the issue but said every time it happens submit a bug ticket, so we are submitting them quite often lol. Just go to the red question mark in game, then help, then report bug. Or submit a ticket and let a GM know to!

Adorabella_x
MVP
Pet Score:6944
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Adorabella_x » October 17th, 2014, 3:39 pm

Just found another bug and sent a tweet =(

@TheCrafticus Everytime a pet levels - Its health doesnt top up.I cant find anything in the patch notes to say this is correct =( /Bandages!

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » October 17th, 2014, 4:27 pm

Appears the broken randomizer picks the first breed available to every wild pet.

Infinite Whelpling, Emerald Proto Whelp and Nexus Whelpling all have PP as their first breed, and all of them will be PP.

But flayer younglings have BB as their first breed, and all of them are BB.

Edit: From what I can see, the top breed of Minfernals is BB as well.

Jesjbrown
MVP
Pet Score:4219
Realm:Garona-us

Post by Jesjbrown » October 17th, 2014, 4:46 pm

Glad you posted. Thought I was having horrible luck. Farmed all day yesterday and part of today, and eventually got frustrated so I just settled for uncommon. I got one rare in 8 plus hours of farming.

Edit: also my pets seem to only fully heal about once every other time they level up. :(

Murphymurph
Pet Score:13904
Realm:Darkspear-us

Post by Murphymurph » October 17th, 2014, 5:19 pm

Can you post the link to the bug threads? I was farming rares to finish up Northrend and noticed every single green fjord worg pup would always have the exact same pair of poor devouring maggot and green fjord rat. After 30 straight attempts I checked here and it seems to be broken.