My sad TCG story

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Badpathing
MVP
Pet Score:12840
Realm:Proudmoore-us
My sad TCG story

Post by Badpathing » October 15th, 2014, 5:25 pm

I recently pulled the trigger and bought a Reign of Fire full booster box with dreams of a God pack..

Well, no God pack..but I did get 6 or 7 loot cards. I got a tabard of flame, and some of the consumable stuff...my Landro box had consumables in it too.

I did get two quite rare loot cards, which (and this is the sad part) are now worthless due to the wonderful dupes out there. So I am the proud owner of a legit Dragonkite and legit Ethereal Trader (unscratched).

/rant

Badpathing
MVP

Re: My sad TCG story

Post by Badpathing » October 15th, 2014, 5:26 pm

OK..maybe not a 'sad' story. Just wanted to vent over the dupes..

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13640
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Ranok » October 15th, 2014, 7:44 pm

Not really worthless. The Ethereal card, for example, still going for over $200 on EBay. Lot of pet collectors are wary of buying from the hackers, either because they think it's cheating or are worried Blizz might revoke their pet sometime in the future.

I recently bought a 60-day Game Card from Amazon, legitimate, box still sealed and card unscratched. When I tried to enter the code online, it got repeatedly rejected. Opened a ticket that evening with photo of my scratched card attached, the number clearly visible. Usual disclaimer about replies taking 24 to 48 hours. When I fired up WoW the next morning, already had a response saying they'd accepted the card and posted the 60 days.

Later I did some googling and found some websites that claim to generate valid Game Card numbers, or post lists of them. Guessing Blizz is going through extra validation. If you decide to use or sell your TCG cards, photos should serve as proof of ownership even if some hacker already used that number.

Jgcat2
Pet Score:4388
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Jgcat2 » October 15th, 2014, 11:43 pm

Hey Badpathing, I just sent you a PM. I'd be interested in the soul trader loot card. Add me and we can discuss a trade. Gorhendad#1233.

Badpathing
MVP

Post by Badpathing » October 16th, 2014, 1:14 am

I replied to PM, probably not interested in trade since there aren't any pets I need really. But feel free to offer whatever.

Dakaf
MVP
Pet Score:6003
BattleTag®:Dakaf#1332
Realm:Dawnbringer-us

Post by Dakaf » October 17th, 2014, 1:07 pm

With the toy box being released, I broke down and scratched about 20 of my cards today. Just need the coffin and ogre Mage costume and I will have the full set of those. My cards buying problem is finally useful!
<Kings and Queens> Alliance on Dawnbringer
-pet collecting OCD