Monekop
Top Rater
Pet Score:13159
BattleTag®:MonekopSilk#2526
Realm:Shadowsong-eu
6.0 Pre-WoD Pets

Post by Monekop » October 11th, 2014, 3:15 am

Hi Team,

Just wanna check that the Iron Star and the Bronze Whelp are the only pets unique to the launch event, or is there something else i need to farm?

Moné

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: 6.0 Pre-WoD Pets

Post by Quintessence » October 11th, 2014, 4:10 am

The Iron Starlette and Bronze Whelpling are the only two confirmed pets that will be available once patch 6.0 is released.

There might be more new pets in the weeks after the patch goes live, but it all depends on whether or not the new content for each in-game event is released in 6.0.
  • Cursed Burman & Widget the Departed - New Hallow's End pets
  • Syd the Squid - New Darkmoon Faire pet
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » October 11th, 2014, 9:57 am

I'm not on PTR, but if someone is, it might be worth seeing if any of the new achievs are up. Some of them are not technically WoD specific and reward pets (600 pets comes to mind), but I don't know if they'll go in for 6.0.2 or not.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » October 11th, 2014, 11:03 am

Jerebear wrote:I'm not on PTR, but if someone is, it might be worth seeing if any of the new achievs are up. Some of them are not technically WoD specific and reward pets (600 pets comes to mind), but I don't know if they'll go in for 6.0.2 or not.
Im sure we will see the 600 unique pets cheevo showing this comming week. But it will be hard, if not impossible for most to get just yet. I am at 589 unique pets myself.

Klaital
Pet Score:4516
Realm:The Sha'tar-eu

Post by Klaital » October 11th, 2014, 11:46 am

Luciandk wrote:
Jerebear wrote:I'm not on PTR, but if someone is, it might be worth seeing if any of the new achievs are up. Some of them are not technically WoD specific and reward pets (600 pets comes to mind), but I don't know if they'll go in for 6.0.2 or not.
Im sure we will see the 600 unique pets cheevo showing this comming week. But it will be hard, if not impossible for most to get just yet. I am at 589 unique pets myself.
Yeah to get 600 pets without the draenor ones you would need like all in-game pets, all store pets, all tcg pets, and still some of the promotional pets on top of that.

Chibimage
Top Rater
Pet Score:12239
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Chibimage » October 11th, 2014, 12:22 pm

Some people already have 600+ pets, I'm so jelly <3 <3 But I don't mind waiting a bit for Stormwing - and loads of people should be able to get it when Draenor finally goes live. :)

Just make sure you buy a Guild Herald and Page on the toon that you are bringing to Draenor - they only count on the character that has bought them.

GilroyKilroy
MVP
Pet Score:6114

Post by GilroyKilroy » October 11th, 2014, 1:04 pm

604 pets myself :)

GrosBonda
Pet Score:10429
BattleTag®:Grosbonda#1406
Realm:Arygos-us

Post by GrosBonda » October 11th, 2014, 1:46 pm

Quintessence wrote:The Iron Starlette and Bronze Whelpling are the only two confirmed pets that will be available once patch 6.0 is released.
damn i am behind...
where those 2 pets will be available ?

Pyy
Top Rater
Pet Score:11087
Realm:Barthilas-us

Post by Pyy » October 11th, 2014, 3:48 pm

GrosBonda wrote:
Quintessence wrote:The Iron Starlette and Bronze Whelpling are the only two confirmed pets that will be available once patch 6.0 is released.
damn i am behind...
The star is from the new quest chain in blasted lands, the whelp is a rare drop from the iron horde mobs in blasted lands.

Aeolyn
Pet Score:2593
Realm:Gorgonnash-us

Post by Aeolyn » October 11th, 2014, 5:47 pm

Do we have any information on breeds for the bronze whelp? I see it has the standard "does more damage if it attacks last" dragon move but also a Magic variant that does more damage if it goes first so I'm guessing this guy comes in different enough breeds to hopefully justify both choices. It has Lift-Off as a possibility as well so S/S would be super cool.

Pyy
Top Rater
Pet Score:11087
Realm:Barthilas-us

Post by Pyy » October 11th, 2014, 10:11 pm

Aeolyn wrote:Do we have any information on breeds for the bronze whelp? I see it has the standard "does more damage if it attacks last" dragon move but also a Magic variant that does more damage if it goes first so I'm guessing this guy comes in different enough breeds to hopefully justify both choices. It has Lift-Off as a possibility as well so S/S would be super cool.
2 breeds have been posted on the WoW forums so far - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic ... 316?page=2 - P/P and S/S.

Icedsugar
Top Rater
Pet Score:3881
BattleTag®:Icedsugar#6634
Realm:Khaz'goroth-us

Post by Icedsugar » October 12th, 2014, 1:57 am

I was on the PTR this week and go a Sky-Bo from Blingtron!

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » October 12th, 2014, 2:56 am

Icedsugar wrote:I was on the PTR this week and go a Sky-Bo from Blingtron!
Which Blingtron did you get it from?

I was under the impression that it only comes from the 5000 version, which is only craftable after WoD is released since it needs Draenor ore.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Icedsugar
Top Rater

Post by Icedsugar » October 12th, 2014, 2:59 am

I did not know there was a new Blingtron... it looked like the one I always used... and since the PTR is supposed to reflect what is going to be on live I would say it was just the old one. Can't be 100% sure now since I did not pay attention!

Icedsugar
Top Rater

Post by Icedsugar » October 12th, 2014, 3:09 am

Okay, just logged to PTR again but could not find another Blingtron to check which one he is... BUT I did see someone with an Elekk Plushie!! Only could have come from Blingtron too since mats to craft etc is not available yet!

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » October 12th, 2014, 3:21 am

Icedsugar wrote:Okay, just logged to PTR again but could not find another Blingtron to check which one he is... BUT I did see someone with an Elekk Plushie!! Only could have come from Blingtron too since mats to craft etc is not available yet!
Pretty sure the Elekk Plushie on the PTR can be purchased from a vendor (same as beta), so I wouldn't count on the plushie being available next week.

Icedsugar
Top Rater

Post by Icedsugar » October 12th, 2014, 3:28 am

Yes, sorry just asked in trade where they got it and a guy showed me where to buy :(. Also saw another Blingtron and it was a 4000 - so here's hoping!

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » October 12th, 2014, 6:11 am

Pyy wrote:
GrosBonda wrote:
damn i am behind...
The star is from the new quest chain in blasted lands, the whelp is a rare drop from the iron horde mobs in blasted lands.
I'm sure this information is on this site somewhere, but I had a quick look and couldn't find it, so thanks Pyy.

I'm sure people are aware by now, but the pre-patch has been announced for 14/10/14 - good luck to everyone in acquiring these new pets!

Echinacea
Pet Score:10214
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Echinacea » October 13th, 2014, 9:40 am

GilroyKilroy wrote:604 pets myself :)
they all have to be level 25 :lol:

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » October 13th, 2014, 3:09 pm

Quintessence wrote: There might be more new pets in the weeks after the patch goes live, but it all depends on whether or not the new content for each in-game event is released in 6.0.
The Hallow's End and DMF pets will probably be in. The patch is everything in 6.0 that doesn't require Draenor and/or levels 91+. Since the faire and the holiday are things you can basically do at level 1 and never leave Kalimdor/EK, in all likelihood those will also be available.