Making rares.

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Tringu
Pet Score:10704
Realm:Wildhammer-eu
Making rares.

Post by Tringu » October 11th, 2014, 6:16 pm

Hello!

I wonder if someone could explain this to me. I'm trying to collect all the pets there is in the game and making them to rare. and i made the alliance ballon to rare with a flawless battle stone i got, but here is the thing i don't like. Warcraftpets doesn't make it to rare and its kinda annoying to see it as rare but i want 100% rare is my goal. is there something i missed out or won't it ever change

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Making rares.

Post by Quintessence » October 11th, 2014, 6:48 pm

Pets that cannot battle will not show up as rare on WarcraftPets because the Blizzard armory does not save their quality properly.

If you check your armory pets page, the quality of the non-battling pets is that of the item that teaches the pet, not the quality of the pet as seen in your Pet Journal. Blizzard needs to change things on their end for these specific pets to appear properly on WarcraftPets.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » October 12th, 2014, 1:53 am

Argh, you used a flawless stone on the alliance balloon? That was a bit of a waste since it can't even battle. :(

Not sure it's even possible to get 100% rare on warcraftpets - I stoned my last unique pet a few weeks ago but my profile shows 98.5% rare because of the aforementioned non-combat pets.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » October 12th, 2014, 2:35 am

Graven wrote:Argh, you used a flawless stone on the alliance balloon? That was a bit of a waste since it can't even battle. :(

Not sure it's even possible to get 100% rare on warcraftpets - I stoned my last unique pet a few weeks ago but my profile shows 98.5% rare because of the aforementioned non-combat pets.
I wouldn't say it's a waste to stone the non combat pets to rare if that's what you want to do (personally I like my wall of blue... except that DAMN SKY LANTERN!)

And you are correct, you cannot get 100% rare on WCP if you have the non combat pets in your collection due to the armory. But I'd rather see it that way than see them all get flagged to rare since I doubt most people bother stoning theirs.