Flawless Battle Stones

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Jfields
Pet Score:1448
Realm:Medivh-us
Flawless Battle Stones

Post by Jfields » October 9th, 2014, 5:09 pm

Not exactly sure if this is the right place for this question but I was wondering if there is anything specific you need to do in order to get the Battle Stones via pet battles. I have completed 954 pet battles, and not received a single battle stone. All of these battles have been with pets that were a lower level than what I was battling. Am I doing something wrong, or are they just that rare of a drop.

Jazeel
Pet Score:9583
Realm:Saurfang-us

Re: Flawless Battle Stones

Post by Jazeel » October 9th, 2014, 5:15 pm

I have got 2 of those in well over 7000 wild and tamer fights combined, so yes they are very rare.

Klaital
Pet Score:4516
Realm:The Sha'tar-eu

Post by Klaital » October 9th, 2014, 5:28 pm

The drop rate is fairly low, however, from what I have seen the higher level pets have much higher chance of dropping stones, especially the ones in pandaria.

Jfields
Pet Score:1448
Realm:Medivh-us

Post by Jfields » October 9th, 2014, 5:35 pm

Alright, thanks for the input...I guess I'll just keep battling. I'll get one eventually I suppose.

Awq
Realm:Shattered Halls-eu

Post by Awq » October 9th, 2014, 8:05 pm

Sometimes I do not see one for weeks, but when I do see one I sometimes get 3-4 within an hour. I only get them when fighting level 20+ pets.

I am very biased and I have LITERALLY no proof for it, but when you do get one I would continue playing for some time in the hopes to get more.

Random loot is random though (although it could be chunking).

Kyozu
Top Rater
Pet Score:11184
BattleTag®:Yozora#2217
Realm:Defias Brotherhood-eu

Post by Kyozu » October 10th, 2014, 3:36 am

I get one class-specific in about every 50 wins from PVP pet battling... recently I got 3 BoE Flawless stones within 5 battles, that was definitely my luckiest day in terms of getting stones :p

I've not done much wild pet battling in a long while, but from what I remember, the drop rate wasn't amazing... maybe 1 class-specific stone per 100 wins.

Daily trainer bags were much better, on average probably got about 1 per day (doing all the Pandaria trainers).

Wiskas
Pet Score:5026
Realm:Dath'Remar-us

Post by Wiskas » October 10th, 2014, 3:57 am

Jfields wrote:Alright, thanks for the input...I guess I'll just keep battling. I'll get one eventually I suppose.
i have at least 10 of each breed some almost 20 from just doing the trainers in panda so the harder they are the more often u get i think

Skavenged
Pet Score:9590
Realm:Cairne-us

Post by Skavenged » October 10th, 2014, 7:46 am

Back when I was still doing the Full Bag runs, I averaged about 1 or 2 of the class specific stones per day. As far as the regular Flawless stones, I've gotten most of mine from PVP. I don't know the exact number, but I'd estimate that I get one for every 70-80 PvP fights I've won. IMHO PvP is the best route for the generics. Nowadays I drop them on the AH for an easy 3k-4k.

Tekulve2012
Pet Score:4376
BattleTag®:kingsfoiler#1479
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Tekulve2012 » October 10th, 2014, 10:39 am

I've had the same results ... Pretty much 1 or 2 flawless (AH) stones in 6k non tamer battles .. Also about a 1% pet PvP win drop rate of some kind of battle stone...

Less than 1% of flawless(AH) stones per 100 PvP wins though (1800 wins to date) I earned 5 or 6 and then the rest were family stones for another dozen

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » October 10th, 2014, 1:47 pm

I think I've gotten 3 or 4 from wild battles. Used 1 on Minfernal, gave 1 away, then realized that I was better off selling them and waiting for family specific stones. The drop rate is really pretty awful so there's no good way to farm them (you're better off farming gold, and just buying them), though I do believe that higher level wild pets have an increased chance for dropping stones in general.

Jefra
Pet Score:2300
BattleTag®:redbaronkain#1261
Realm:Frostmane-us

Post by Jefra » October 11th, 2014, 6:26 pm

I got three of them really early in my pet battling career and none since. I wasted one on my favorite pet at the time the white kitten and sold the other 2 when I realized how valueable they were and that family stones are a lot more common.

Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Kendrah » October 12th, 2014, 8:49 am

I've gotten maybe four of the flawless ones and maybe five or six of the marked ones from wild pet battles. I tend to get at least one marked stone from the dailies bags each day, though I've never gotten a flawless stone from the bags. So, yeah, really rare drops unless you do the dailies.