Blocks

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579
Realm:Thrall-us
Blocks

Post by Kendrah » October 7th, 2014, 8:43 am

Can we give blocks a certain amount of rounds to be up before they fade? By that, I mean the blocks that shield both your attacks and your opponent attacks.

I keep running up against someone who runs with a [pet]Mr. Bigglesworth[/pet]. S/he keeps putting down [ability]Ice Barrier[/ability] and then refuses to attack it so it's basically just pass, pass, pass fests. I think the strategy is to make the person keep attacking it so they don't notice the [ability]Ice Tomb[/ability] he want to throw up there? I don't know or care. It's just really annoying.

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Re: Blocks

Post by Digem » October 8th, 2014, 12:29 am

Kendrah wrote:Can we give blocks a certain amount of rounds to be up before they fade? By that, I mean the blocks that shield both your attacks and your opponent attacks.

I keep running up against someone who runs with a [pet]Mr. Bigglesworth[/pet]. S/he keeps putting down [ability]Ice Barrier[/ability] and then refuses to attack it so it's basically just pass, pass, pass fests. I think the strategy is to make the person keep attacking it so they don't notice the [ability]Ice Tomb[/ability] he want to throw up there? I don't know or care. It's just really annoying.

I just pass or switch to a better matchup pet.
Let them take the barrier down.
If they want to be annoying just keep passing and annoy them back.

Also some moves I think will take it down like lil rag and magic broom have.

Sycophantic
Pet Score:4094
BattleTag®:sycophantic#1842
Realm:Emerald Dream-us

Post by Sycophantic » October 8th, 2014, 1:03 am

As ability options to deal with walls/barriers go you've got:

[ability]Magma Wave[/ability]
[ability]Tidal Wave[/ability]
[ability]Clean-Up[/ability]

I know it would be better if they eventually expired, but alas that isn't the case at the moment. The above mentioned abilities have some pretty decent pets tied to them, so at least you've got some counter options.

Klaital
Pet Score:4516
Realm:The Sha'tar-eu

Post by Klaital » October 8th, 2014, 4:07 am

Or you could just use some multi-hitting ability and take it out in one turn and still hit their pet too, like flurry, banana barrage, swarm, or moth balls for example.

Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Kendrah » October 8th, 2014, 9:49 am

It's not that I don't know what to do about blocks of that nature. It's just that I find the whole thing annoying. You put up the block and then just pass... It feels like it's a waste of my time. XD

Faerael
Pet Score:3803
Realm:Norgannon-us

Post by Faerael » October 15th, 2014, 1:01 pm

Depends on why they are doing it. Just wasting time sucks, but I often use Mr. Bigglesworth and his ice wall to delay until a ability with a long cooldown is ready again. In that case, I don't see it as a waste and I'm very happy when you are not hitting my wall :lol: