Beta Testers: Do you have these pets?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us
Beta Testers: Do you have these pets?

Post by Quintessence » September 30th, 2014, 8:56 pm

If you have any of the following pets on beta, please get in touch with me either through this thread, a message here on WarcraftPets or a message on [url=https://twitter.com/perksnpeeves]Twitter[/url]. You can also whisper my character in-game on beta - the name's Quintessence on either the Level 100 PVE realm and Beta Leveling Realm 01.

I'm collecting details on these specific pets but don't have access to them currently. I have a few questions about each one, all info will be used for the new pet profiles being added to WarcraftPets, so any assistance would be much appreciated! Thanks :)
  • Albino River Calf Thank you Ooryl!
  • Ancient Nest Guardian Thank you Beardydan!
  • Bone Wasp
  • Deathwatch Hatchling
  • Draenei Micro Defender Thank you Ooryl!
  • Eye of Observation
  • Forest Sproutling Thank you Ooryl!
  • Frostwolf Ghostpup Thank you Rob H!
  • Frostwolf Pup Thank you Patford!
  • Land Shark Thank you El!
  • Lanticore Spawnling
  • Lil' Leftovers Thank you Ooryl!
  • Nightshade Sproutling Thank you GilroyKilroy and Ryazan!
  • Ore Eater
  • Sea Calf
  • Sentinel's Companion Thank you Patford!
  • Servant of Demidos
  • Sky-Bo Thank you JiangWing!
  • Sky Fry
  • Son of Sethe
  • Trunks Thanks Lio!
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Beardydan
Pet Score:5027
Realm:Doomhammer-eu

Re: Beta Testers: Do you have these pets?

Post by Beardydan » October 1st, 2014, 4:45 am

Got an Ancient Nest Guardian on the Beta Leveling Realm 01, im most likly to be on Steamwrench or Plaguebeard.

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » October 1st, 2014, 10:06 am

Beardydan wrote:Got an Ancient Nest Guardian on the Beta Leveling Realm 01, im most likly to be on Steamwrench or Plaguebeard.
1.) What is the pet's quality when added to the Pet Journal?

2.) Does it make any noise when you click on it? Any noises when left alone to idle (periodic and/or constant noises)? How about when moving?

3.) Does it have any idle animations? What about interactions with other pets, critters, players, or the environment?
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Beardydan
Pet Score:5027
Realm:Doomhammer-eu

Post by Beardydan » October 1st, 2014, 11:57 am

Quintessence wrote:
Beardydan wrote:Got an Ancient Nest Guardian on the Beta Leveling Realm 01, im most likly to be on Steamwrench or Plaguebeard.
1.) What is the pet's quality when added to the Pet Journal?

2.) Does it make any noise when you click on it? Any noises when left alone to idle (periodic and/or constant noises)? How about when moving?

3.) Does it have any idle animations? What about interactions with other pets, critters, players, or the environment?

1. Rare :)
2. Generic Mechancal noise when clicked & walking, nothing idle.
3. Does the Son of Animus knuckle crack occasionaly. Not seen any interatcions with anthing else.

Ooryl
Top Rater
Pet Score:9400
Realm:Whisperwind-us

Post by Ooryl » October 1st, 2014, 3:31 pm

Sent you a lil' leftovers today on the leveling realm, should have 1 more for you tonight (1 of the steamwheedle pets) just gotta do my daily.

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » October 1st, 2014, 4:15 pm

Beardydan wrote:1. Rare :)
2. Generic Mechancal noise when clicked & walking, nothing idle.
3. Does the Son of Animus knuckle crack occasionaly. Not seen any interatcions with anthing else.
Thank you so much for the info!
Ooryl wrote:Sent you a lil' leftovers today on the leveling realm, should have 1 more for you tonight (1 of the steamwheedle pets) just gotta do my daily.
Could you detail how you crafted/obtained Lil' Leftovers? I've been trying to figure it out for ages now without any luck. (Crafted a ton of Draenor feasts hoping maybe it would randomly proc the pet lol.)

And thank you again!

All of this info has been a huge help, and will make the new pet profiles that much more accurate and complete. :)

Ooryl
Top Rater

Post by Ooryl » October 1st, 2014, 4:36 pm

Quintessence wrote:Could you detail how you crafted/obtained Lil' Leftovers? I've been trying to figure it out for ages now without any luck. (Crafted a ton of Draenor feasts hoping maybe it would randomly proc the pet lol.)
I was just crafting random food mostly Calamari Crepes and Sleeper Surprise something like 30 of both then decided to make a few Feasts of Blood and the pet came when the first feast was crafted.
I've also been doing Blingtron 5000 since it was learnable/craftable by engineers and all I got from him was 1g items, but after the last few patches the gift bag started having the blue crafting items (engineering and leatherworking for me)and other things, so maybe the pet can drop now.

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » October 1st, 2014, 6:27 pm

Ooryl wrote:I was just crafting random food mostly Calamari Crepes and Sleeper Surprise something like 30 of both then decided to make a few Feasts of Blood and the pet came when the first feast was crafted.
What was your cooking skill when the pet popped out? I'm curious if a certain skill level is required, or if you just need Draenor cooking.

GilroyKilroy
MVP
Pet Score:6114

Post by GilroyKilroy » October 1st, 2014, 6:32 pm

I have a Nightshade Sproutling (probably from the Mastering the Menagerie quest). I believe all the pets I've gotten from that quest are rare quality. He makes noise on click. Haven't paid attention to him following me or staying out.

Ooryl
Top Rater

Post by Ooryl » October 1st, 2014, 6:47 pm

Quintessence wrote:What was your cooking skill when the pet popped out? I'm curious if a certain skill level is required, or if you just need Draenor cooking.

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » October 1st, 2014, 7:08 pm

GilroyKilroy wrote:I have a Nightshade Sproutling (probably from the Mastering the Menagerie quest). I believe all the pets I've gotten from that quest are rare quality. He makes noise on click. Haven't paid attention to him following me or staying out.
Nightshade Sproutling is from Herbalism. Do you remember if you looted it from your garrison Herb Garden or while herbing out in the open world? Do you happen to remember what skill your Herbalism was when the sproutling dropped?

Thanks for the info!

Ryazan
MVP
Pet Score:13560
Realm:Ragnaros-eu

Post by Ryazan » October 2nd, 2014, 12:18 am

Quintessence wrote:Nightshade Sproutling is from Herbalism. Do you remember if you looted it from your garrison Herb Garden or while herbing out in the open world? Do you happen to remember what skill your Herbalism was when the sproutling dropped?
I looted one from Disturbed Podling which popped while gathering dem plants from Herb Garden WITHOUT Herbalism (at lvl 100).
- Taking your candles since 2005

Chibimage
Top Rater
Pet Score:12239
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Chibimage » October 2nd, 2014, 9:31 am

I think the Sproutling is incredibly rare and/or was only recently added in game. I've been herbing like mad for weeks, and it is pretty obvious that the pet is going to drop from the disturbed podlings - and I've killed *hundreds* of them with nothing to show for it.

I didn't copy my main to beta, so arch/cooking/mining (for the Goren)/fishing is going to have to wait til live.

I wanted to leave *some* things to discovery lol

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » October 2nd, 2014, 4:14 pm

Ryazan wrote: I looted one from Disturbed Podling which popped while gathering dem plants from Herb Garden WITHOUT Herbalism (at lvl 100).
So it doesn't actually require Herbalism, interesting. This information helps a lot, thank you!

Klaital
Pet Score:4516
Realm:The Sha'tar-eu

Post by Klaital » October 3rd, 2014, 9:58 am

Not sure if this is right place to ask for this, but Quint while your working on the data for the WoD pets, any chance you could give a list of which of the new pets are uncommon quality by default? So could get an idea of how many of each stone I need to save for those. :) I am guessing that at least the crafted pets and all the new ones added to vendors of various seasonal events will be uncommon.

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » October 3rd, 2014, 3:46 pm

Klaital wrote:Not sure if this is right place to ask for this, but Quint while your working on the data for the WoD pets, any chance you could give a list of which of the new pets are uncommon quality by default?
I can't speak for all WoD pets since there are some that I don't have access to (holiday pets, unreleased pets, etc.), but out of the pets that I have previewed there are 10 that will need battle-stones to upgrade to Rare. This doesn't include the wild pets.

Full list of number of pets from each family: total new pets - 93
  • Aquatic - 10
    Beast - 13
    Critter - 4
    Dragon - 2
    Ele - 10
    Flying - 30
    Humanoid - 2
    Magic - 8
    Mech - 7
    UD - 7
If you have enough battle-stones for each family and then some, you should be fine. Example: I don't have nearly enough flying stones, but plenty of Dragonkin which I can trade in for flying.

Ooryl
Top Rater

Post by Ooryl » October 4th, 2014, 11:14 pm

leftover.jpg
leftover.jpg (18.03KiB)Viewed 8554 times
Not sure if you noticed when I sent it to you but thats the error message you get when you try to feed it a magical pet biscuit :D

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » October 5th, 2014, 12:11 am

LOL! That's awesome and weird at the same time. I didn't even think of feeding it a pet biscuit at the time. :lol:

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » October 5th, 2014, 5:52 pm

As a side note: If you have any of the pets listed above, check out [url=http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/14611071316]this thread[/url] on WoD pet breeds. Simca is gathering data on the new pets' breeds and needs your help. If you like/use the addon Battle Pet BreedID and can contribute, please do. :)

List of pets that Simca still needs breed info on: [url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Nbmd3NRmNl2qqgYznLppoWAPdxNMUX7VEHe3JsUrVXM/edit#gid=1784279189]google doc link[/url].

Ryazan
MVP
Pet Score:13560
Realm:Ragnaros-eu

Post by Ryazan » October 6th, 2014, 1:25 am

Quintessence wrote:So it doesn't actually require Herbalism, interesting. This information helps a lot, thank you!
MIGHT also indicate that Ore Eather can also be obtained without Mining.
- Taking your candles since 2005