How to obtain non-duped TCG pets

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Jgcat2
Pet Score:4388
Realm:Aerie Peak-us
How to obtain non-duped TCG pets

Post by Jgcat2 » October 3rd, 2014, 12:54 am

As many of us know, mid- and high-end TCG pets have been widely duped. So much so that it's impossible to say whether a mid to high-end TCG pet is legitimate or duped. Many pet collectors welcome duping because it has dropped prices, allowing collectors to fill out their collection. Other collectors, like me, only want legitimate pets. After all, if I'm getting pixels, I want real pixels!

One way to obtain a non-duped pet is to buy the loot card from Ebay. Well, that's expensive and costs real money. Another way is through the black market auction house. Occasionally, a banana charm, dragon kite, hippogryph hatchling, or rocket chicken will appear on the BMAH. Obtaining a TCG pet this way ensures that it's legitimate. However, there's only a rare chance that these pets will show up on your server's BMAH. How can you know whether a TCG is up on another server's BMAH? This handy website allows you do that: http://www.wowbmah.com. It tracks the BMAH on all PVE servers and updates every two hours. Using that website, I managed to obtain the four TCG pets listed above. It's a bit of a pain to find someone on a server where a TCG pet is up on the BMAH and then coordinate bidding and trading, but I managed to do it without too much hassle.

So, if you're like me and want only legitimate pets, I suggest you use the website above.

Cheers!

Opteron
MVP
Pet Score:12968
BattleTag®:Opteron#1953
Realm:Lightninghoof-us

Re: How to obtain non-duped TCG pets

Post by Opteron » October 3rd, 2014, 6:10 am

Congrats man!
I followed your epic journey to obtain these legit pets and I am happy that you managed to get them all.
Kudos!

Simmias
Pet Score:4458
Realm:Frostmourne-us

Post by Simmias » October 4th, 2014, 12:21 am

it'd be really nice if they would help pvp players like myself and enable it on pvp servers.

Jgcat2
Pet Score:4388
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Jgcat2 » October 4th, 2014, 12:14 pm

I agree, Simmias, but I think the problem is with the site's level 1 toons getting ganked.

Denverrunner
MVP
Pet Score:6503
BattleTag®:denverrunner#1152
Realm:Arathor-us

Post by Denverrunner » October 4th, 2014, 2:20 pm

Grats on finding them all!